Domino's

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Spladle, Jun 29, 2006.

1. B_Spladle

B_Spladle New Member

Oh, man, I haven't had pizza in for-fucking-EVER, but I just ordered some and it is going to be delicious. Gotta jet now.

Check out my 1337 irony skillz:

[​IMG]

2. dong20

Gold Member

Love Dominos pizza.....great tomato sauce. I have some pizza in fridge, sadly not Dominos....:rolleyes:

Enjoy your pizza..thin crust or deep pan?

3. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

h3R 7H1nxxX 51XXx733N 1NCh10L1 12 CRA222Y5maLLLL :rolleyes:

4. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    Fuckin A. I want some pizza.

I want one of these, man.

5. D_PlankWilliams

D_PlankWilliams New Member

hahaha I think my arteries just clogged up watching that vid. You dont want to be around those guys that night.:biggrin1:

6. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

Sorry to be a drag but if I was going to order a pizza the last place I'd get it is freaking Domino's.

Campo Santa Margherita in Venezia? Now that's pizza. I think American take out pizza is pretty much crapola and Domino's doesn't even resemble pizza. It's in its own food group.:rolleyes:

7. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    I like mushrooms on my pizza, and I derno what it is about Domino's but it just tastes better to me.

But normally I get Papa John's. :) I'm having beef enchiladas for dinner though.

:biggrin1:

and then maybe some tube steak for desert.

8. 10.5andproudofit

10.5andproudofit New Member

Albums:
    oh you poor deprived people, dominos? papa johns? NAY SAYS I! there are 3 pizza shops in two blocks of my school in NYC i'd shank someone to eat from right now. i really hate to say it but the NYC pizza is definatly better than by my house, which isn't that bad. i've never been to tx or some of the other states you guys are from, but i've been to wisc and oregon and the farther west i went the worse the pizza got. (chicago im guessing is excluded from this, though i've never eaten there)

9. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    The best pizza we have here in Austin is all downtown, and none of them deliver. It's that "really drunk at last call" kinda pizza. The slices are bigger than the plates they give you and dripping with grease. Goes well over a belly of beer.

10. 10.5andproudofit

10.5andproudofit New Member

Albums:
    yea i believe it. really i just think almost any one off pizza joint will beat a chain in a heart beat.

i love the pizza joints that are so trashy, prices wander up and down depending on how drunk they think you are.

11. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Sounds like a monster case of the munchies.... so me thinks.:cool:

12. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    shhhhhhhh

13. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Never having been to Venezia, I can't say I know "authentic" pizza. But I agree, most of the chain outfits haven't a clue what pizza is. There is a "pizza and microbrewery" place in Little Rock, Arkansas that is pretty cool... even if it is not up to Italian standards, what they serve as pizza is DELICIOUS!!!! and their microbrews are nothing short of awesome. They also serve as a venue for local bands (tends to draw banger and goth crowds, so I try to avoid the music...) It's called "Vino's", and is downtown, if you are ever there....

Otherwise, I usually make my own pizza, starting with the flour & yeast for the crust....

14. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

Here in southwest Germany (with Northern Italy not so very far away at all), there's a terminological distinction between "American-style pizza" and "Italian-style pizza"; they're simply two different beasts, one light, delicate and crispy - and the other more of a source of calorific munchies-relief.

15. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

DC -

(Alex's post nailed it btw...) However I've never seen "American style" pizza sold anywhere I've been in Northern Italy though I'm sure it can be had since Venice has a McDonald's located in the piano nobile of an 18th century palazzo :rolleyes: .

We're fortunate here in the Boston area to have many pizzerie (pizzerias) which specialize in the real Italian thin crust and baked "al forno" in brick ovens with a variety of woods. For that reason pizza "agli Americani" for us has become more closely akin to the original Italian variety.

My favorite is the Margherita pizza with basil, garlic, chopped tomato, parmesano cheese, and fresh olive oil. A few medium sized cooked shrip scattered across the top don't hurt either.

16. Shelby

Gold Member

Is Conan's still in business? 'The Barbarian' was one decadent sob of a pizza.

17. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I'm thinking a part of your post didn't make it to the board... LOL

I also like that super-fresh taste... that's why I have tomatoes and herbs growing in my garden. The tomatoes have not started to ripen yet, but when they do, I'm sure a Margherita will be in the oven. I don't use much salt in the basic construction, but then just before baking, I toss a very light sprinkle of coarse sea salt across the top. It gives a wonderful texture, and really brings out the flavor of the fresh veggies. And of course, the parmesan has to be grated just before baking, too. The horrid stuff pre-grated in a jar should be illegal.

18. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

LOL! Yes.. it's all there DC.

When can I expect my dinner inviation??:cool: Sounds delicious.

OH! And add some pesto to that Margherita pizza too!!!

19. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I've got all the ingredients for pesto, but I detest the stuff. I can make some and put it on half the pizza.... I think maybe it is the pignons I don't like... I have heard that an alternative is to use walnuts, but that's even worse.

I love to cook, I love to entertain. Perhaps I'll chill some of my homemade beer to serve with the from-scratch pizza. (Hint - the flavor is close to Sam Adams Boston Ale... maybe very slightly heavier on the hops)

20. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    On Guadalupe and 29th, you mean? Aye, sir. Conan's be alive and kicking.

Draft saved Draft deleted