Domo arigato Mr Hilaro

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
So I fly to Japan for a holiday in like two days, and I was wondering if any of you well traveled LPSGers had any tips or suggestions I should definitely check out while I'm there.

We start in Tokyo, then head to Kyoto, then on to Nagasaki, and thence to a spa on Mount Fuji. Are there any must sees and must does in any of those locations ? All suggestions and tips are welcome as I have the broadest possible field of interest and desire to learn about a country it has been a dream of mine to visit for as long as I can remember. :redface:

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Off the top of my head I would say visit the Ginza it's the area with the Japanese Department and speciality stores, great restaurants and entertainment. Also visit Shibuya a little more low key than Ginza and more young people. The Asakusa Temple is really interesting. I love visiting the Tsukiji fish market, but it may not be your cup of tea. If you are feeling frisky and dirty go to the Koshnoya the old japanese baths, it's separated by gender it's not a sex place, bring your own towel, soap and shampoo. PS The water is really really hot.
Have a great trip.
PS all of this is easy to get to by Tokyo subway system.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I forgot one really important thing. Take the shuttle from Narita to the T-CAT station in Tokyo when you get there otherwise the cab ride is reallllllllly expensive.
www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/bus_services/narita/tcat.html

Thank you Nudey, duly noted. We have someone meeting us at the airport with all our rail passes and tickets for internal travel, I think the shuttle is one of those. I might be a lazy slut and insist on a supremely expensive cab anyway but that's just me.... I've heard that Narita is like a billion miles from Tokyo so I'm kind of prepared for the hit :eek::biggrin1: