Donald Trump tweet: justified?

august86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
realDonaldTrump Donald J. Trump
Our national debt has grown by 30% and a gallon of gas has doubled so far under @BarackObama. He is a disaster. 4 Oct

I'm an Obama fan, but bringing unity will unfortunately be of little comfort to a nation circling the economic drain.

So, was the tweet justified?

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
realDonaldTrump Donald J. Trump
Our national debt has grown by 30% and a gallon of gas has doubled so far under @BarackObama. He is a disaster. 4 Oct

Well if you want an analysis, I'd say the first sentence is probably a statement of fact, but the second sentence does not follow from the first. The first sentence seeks to imply that obama is responsible for the debt and the price rise but does no more than state they happened at the same time.

The second sentence may or may not be true but there is nothing here on which to base a conclusion, so is presumably Trumps personal opinion.

So, was the tweet justified?
sending a tweet doesnt take much effort. So did the return for Mr Trump justify the effort involved in him sending it? I expect so.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
None of the current situation(s) is Obama's fault. Until or unless Obama says torture is okay or says that human and fish can coexist peacefully together, I think he has done as well as he could have given the circumstances; which were out of his control and resultant from events that transpired before he was President.

Saying national debt has grown 30% under Obama is like saying it rained twice as much under Obama or that when Obama was President, fewer people believed in God. Even though all of those things may be true, Obama is not responsible for them. Shit happens.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Saying national debt has grown 30% under Obama is like saying it rained twice as much under Obama

No.
Obama has nothing to do with the weather.
He has a lot to do with the insane amount of government spending that has occurred since he took office.
And he has not shown any leadership in reducing government spending.
In fact he wants to spend more.
30% isn't enough.
He is a disaster.
Tweet justified.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
He must be trying to get new TV show because he soooo rich he does these things for fun. He has been annoying for 30 years. pay no attention to the man under the haystack.

I absolutely ABHOR attention whores. How pathetic.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
None of the current situation(s) is Obama's fault. Until or unless Obama says torture is okay or says that human and fish can coexist peacefully together, I think he has done as well as he could have given the circumstances; which were out of his control and resultant from events that transpired before he was President.

Saying national debt has grown 30% under Obama is like saying it rained twice as much under Obama or that when Obama was President, fewer people believed in God. Even though all of those things may be true, Obama is not responsible for them. Shit happens.

QFT

I supported Obama over Hillary because I thought she was the most divisive political figure in our time (excluding the odoriferous W). I had no idea how much BHO's election would polarize the electorate, but then: who could have?

Trump, or the "short-fingered vulgarian" as he was inevitably called in Spy magazine, is the very essence of an attention whore. He's two Paris Hiltons and eight Kim Kardashians put together: 'nuf said.