Donating Sperm

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's not too different than a woman who gives a child up for a adoption and leaves the choice to make future contact up to the (adult) child. Is it?

Sorry, I think thats a very different scenario! I dont think a man wanking into a cup has quite the emotional attachment as a woman carrying a child inside her for 9 months, giving birth & possibly even holding that child in its first seconds of life.

The issue of possible future contact then becomes far more important.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
AGREE with OrbitzXT Vince ..totally

A person should make themselves available for there offspring to contact them if ever they have a desire to
NO one should ever be in a position where the Father is arrogantly off the scene.. its like going back to the dark ages ..where an animal/human can go around fcking all and sundry not caring where it puts its dik

In a personal case that i am very familiar with ..i assisted a boy in meeting his biological father ..and the immense joy relief and satisfaction on his face (and probably in his soul-was immeasuable)..he was at his critical adolescent searching age.
He had no need nor desire to see his father again after that..despite constant prompts..till he was old enuf for me to not continually badger him
and the more you can keep the legal eagles OUT of it all .. the better in
my opinion
enz

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Sorry, I think thats a very different scenario! I dont think a man wanking into a cup has quite the emotional attachment as a woman carrying a child inside her for 9 months, giving birth & possibly even holding that child in its first seconds of life.

True, if you only look at it from the perspective of the parent. But how much different is it for the child? I think the desire for a kid who is the product of artificial insemination to know who his/her biological father is would be just as strong as for an adopted kid.

If I was a sperm donor, I'd like to give the child that option once they became of age. I just think it's the right thing to do.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

mattsrod7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thought about donating, then I heard it only pays like 40$ an ounce and less for less than an ounce, and i thought, wow, thats like 6 teaspoonfulls and then the hassle of finding a place and going there, everyone knowing that your gonna wank, and how long it takes you. The fact that I may have children one day and that they might meet this sperm i'm donating if its chosen. Or all that meeting a kid in the future. So I decided it wasnt' worth the 30-40$.

Media
I don't know why they'd compensate you so little. Might it be supply and demand? I don't know how many sperm banks there are in your area but in NYC there are places that offer anywhere between 75-150 per sample to anonymous donors, and non-anonymous are offered anywhere between 500-1000, but there is a limit how many offspring you can have as a non-anonymous donor.

D_Brecock Evileye

Sexy Member
Media
Uhmm, okay that's a little creepy. :eek:
Why is it creepy? I want to donate sperm so I am creepy and I dont want to be paid? I dont have kids, I am not in a relationship. I would like to pass something of myself on. Congrats to you, You are the first person on here to ever piss me off.

D_Brecock Evileye

Sexy Member
Media

Your right we men have no emotional conection to anything, we are pale shadows of the great and feeling woman of the world. After all what could we possibly have to contribute? If I created a child thru donation or other wise, it would mean a great deal to me. True I would feel even more if I had the chance to hold the child or be in its life even for the first few minutes. If I got a phone call that the child I helped create and have never met needed blood or a kidney I would be on the next plane to the hospital. So dont tell me that a man dosent have a connection to his biological ofspring even if they arent his kid and someone else is raising them.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Your right we men have no emotional conection to anything, we are pale shadows of the great and feeling woman of the world. After all what could we possibly have to contribute? If I created a child thru donation or other wise, it would mean a great deal to me. True I would feel even more if I had the chance to hold the child or be in its life even for the first few minutes. If I got a phone call that the child I helped create and have never met needed blood or a kidney I would be on the next plane to the hospital. So dont tell me that a man dosent have a connection to his biological ofspring even if they arent his kid and someone else is raising them.

You have to realise that when you make a donation of sperm, you know that other people that will use your sperm made the chose to make a child in that way. You made the choice to donate and give others the chance to be parents, so you know you aren't the parent, just a contribution for their happiness. You give them a chance. And that is great. But what if you have childs on your own in your later life, what will it be if you are suddenly the dad of another child you never raised, never saw. Just see it as helping each other out.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Another classic example of someone twisting a comment to suit their own agenda. Or rant.

Did I say men had NO emotional attachment? Nope.

Go wank into a cup if u want to. Then u can buy some specs with the $100 :rolleyes:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media

Alright, alright - don't go off on one. He didn't say emotional investment - he said emotion attachment. And he does have a point. Wanking into a cup takes 1 to 10 mins - carry a baby to term takes about 40 weeks. There is bound to be more attachment between birth mother and child than between sperm donor and a child that may be conceived using that sperm weeks, months, years (? how long do they keep it, does it have a shelf-life in the freezer?) later. That doesn't mean that men love their children less than women. That doesn't mean women are somehow better. It means very little other than carry a living being inside your body makes it far, far harder not to be attached in some way. If you were talking about egg donation v's sperm donation then I would agree there is a level playing field in terms of biological parental attachment.

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dude, I am all for making cash and if you can get away with selling your oats at more than one market at a time, cash in on it! ... having said that, I considered doing it as well a while ago but, I couldnt live not knowing whether I have fathered a child or not. Could you?
Now this man has a conscience! Good for you!

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't know why they'd compensate you so little. Might it be supply and demand? I don't know how many sperm banks there are in your area but in NYC there are places that offer anywhere between 75-150 per sample to anonymous donors.

I get that amount of money just working on computers, per machine.

It's still cheaper than Best Buy or RIP Circuit City.

I don't know if I could deal with the emotional issues knowing somewhere...there was a kid..that I helped pro-create.

I'd want to make contact.

I usually wouldn't pay for sex... But I'd give it to you, and guarantee you'd have a WHOLE lot more fun than a CUP LOL

Last edited:

DavidXL

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I sold sperm in grad school. Luckily, it was for research purposes only, because I was not comfortable selling it for actual reproductive purposes. I would have wondered too much whether my offspring were being well-cared for and loved.

Last edited:

hairyman101

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
i went to sperm bank 30 years ago.....jacked off and got paid for it....if you have alot of good swimmers they will ask you IF you want to come in on a regular basis. i was contacted by a male years later that had somehow traced his orgin from me . i didnt answer. so i have a kid or kids.....its something that a female needed at the time. go to the sperm bank.