Don't Be Tardy for the Party

rickygNOLA

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
OK, i know i'm going to get shit for this, but i don't care. who watches bravo's "the real housewives of..." ANYTHING? i usually only watch new york and new jersey, but those atlanta bitches are C R A Z Y.

if you've seen it, then you know kim can't sing for shit but is pursuing a career in music nonetheless. this is her video that she was helped (A LOT) with by new cast member kandi (grammy winner).

as much as i hate to say it, i actually like this song. it's kinda techno and club-ish and dance-y (and old-school) and i'm ashamed for not being able to stop singing it. i'm scared someone out in public will recognize it and shun me. HA

YouTube - Dont Be Tardy For The Party - The Real Housewives of Atlanta -Kim's Song

Last edited:

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Actually, the song is a re-work of Kims original Country western song Tardy for the Party. When Kim engaged Kandi to produce the song for her, Kandi just took it and ran with it as the original was very LAME. Its kinda cool now, although i am not obssessed with it.

hornynyc

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Noneof this has anything to do with music ... Kim sang two hooks that had to be auto-corrected to keep her on pitch. he song is not a song; it too is only a hook. A complete waste of time and nothing to do with music or art. Of all the women, Kandi seems to be the only one with an ounce of substance, talent or character.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Noneof this has anything to do with music ... Kim sang two hooks that had to be auto-corrected to keep her on pitch. he song is not a song; it too is only a hook. A complete waste of time and nothing to do with music or art. Of all the women, Kandi seems to be the only one with an ounce of substance, talent or character.

noone is really claiming its music, its just 1 storyline on this trainwreck of a show. How many times can you listen to "She by Sheree" ??? :rolleyes:

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
She by Sheree is a joke, too. She's no designer, has no training in fashion, and still hasn't had a real fashion show. Her website is a glorified place holder because she has no line of fashion.

You are right with every comment you have made Prep, but lighten up, you gotta admit it is funny, and makes for a circus of a show. But if it bothers you, you can always turn to Tool Academy. :biggrin1:

Media
It is just my opinion BUT Kim could not carry a tune in a bucket. Even if the silly thing had designer handles.
The mixing process has helped her out tremendously and softened that warbling she calls singing.

One critic online said she sounded like an "electric Fembot" and referred to her girls as "two of the cutest second hand smokers".

I think the song is pure fluff and that it would have been much more fun with NeNe on it.

"She" by Sheree, don't get me started on that mock up of a collection. This series of shows (especially the original) offers a distorted view of REAL housewives. This is junk tv at its finest and so much fun.

How about that Gretchen. Gold Digger? Thoughts?

A pic of Kim and Big PaPa

Last edited:

TopDudeFtl

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
so now we know big papa. god what drama queens these ladies are! it's all mindless fun which is what makes the way they take themselves so seriously that much funnier.

Never a truer statement!

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
You are right with every comment you have made Prep, but lighten up, you gotta admit it is funny, and makes for a circus of a show. But if it bothers you, you can always turn to Tool Academy. :biggrin1:

They are total trainwrecks and that's why the show is addicting! :biggrin1:
The other Bravo show that I have to watch each week is Flipping Out.
I would love to see Jeff Lewis redo one of the Atlanta Housewives' homes, but I guess that wouldn't go well because they have all gotten evicted and are in rentals. LOL

She by Sheree is a joke, too. She's no designer, has no training in fashion, and still hasn't had a real fashion show. Her website is a glorified place holder because she has no line of fashion.

I went through her designs. They've all been done before by others. There is just one original garment in the whole line. It's a good one too (the blue with the draped collar and round hem). Other than that, it's not inspiring.

Tardy for the party? Who says, "tardy," beyond old elementary school teachers? It doesn't even rhyme properly and it's all AT. Awful. Catchy, but forgettable.

Media
I went through her designs. They've all been done before by others. There is just one original garment in the whole line. It's a good one too (the blue with the draped collar and round hem). Other than that, it's not inspiring.

Tardy for the party? Who says, "tardy," beyond old elementary school teachers? It doesn't even rhyme properly and it's all AT. Awful. Catchy, but forgettable.

Tardy for the Party was originally written by Ed a country and western artist. The use of the word "tardy" would have that old time connotation for obvious reasons.

Duh me. I finally viewed her website. Not tooo bad and you are right Jason it has all been done before. So you're a fashionista Mr Els? Who knew?

Bet you wear sensible shoes as well :tongue:

Tardy for the Party was originally written by Ed a country and western artist. The use of the word "tardy" would have that old time connotation for obvious reasons.

Duh me. I finally viewed her website. Not tooo bad and you are right Jason it has all been done before. So you're a fashionista Mr Els? Who knew?

Bet you wear sensible shoes as well :tongue:

I do. I appreciate fashion as a social science tool and as an artform in itself. I'm not a trendy person though. I don't have the wallet or the inclination. I find most fashion slaves deeply lacking in confidence in some ways.