Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Yeah, being called girl, dear or love.

But how about some uppity cunt stepping down into a thread and acting like she's the spokes woman and anointed voice
for all woman kind?
BLARH BLARH.."Women like this, Women don't like that.....

SORRY but there wasn't a fucking election and hell no you weren't appointed into any position
where you can speak for me personally.

Speak for you and yourself only.
I have a voice, a computer, internet connection and I'm very capable
of voicing my own opinion.
What I don't need is some half wit trying to make generalizations about my sex
in what ever capacity to back up their point of view.

Thanks ever so much.

Bonfire, you'd love some areas of FetLife.
I'm in some be nice groups, some snark groups and a few let er rip groups. And wow, do people think their individual experience is apocryphal.

Reactions: Bonfire

elvid

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
.So ladies my question is, are there any seemingly innocent names or terms you dislike being called or associated with?

In my experience, many women can be very specific in terms of what they like / dislike being called. Ive found that you take pretty much any term and, while it will really turn off some women, equally it will really turn on others. For example, I've known women who get super turned on by being called "good girl". However, just as many really hate it and find it a huge turn off. Same goes not only for other pretty innocent terms like "dirty girl" or "cute", but also things that maybe aren't quite so innocent e.g. "slut", "whore", "bitch" etc.

Bottom line - as a guy, I just ask what individual women like / dislike being called, because there's really no way to know otherwise.

Sorry to intrude, but I think this is a man's issue too; All of us get labeled
or " pronouned".

Yeah, we all have our "hot" buttons. For me, picking up on the intent of the speaker is key. Fondness, love, attempts at casual, affectionate familiarity and benign ignorance can temper things a bunch. When a waitress ( female server if you like), says " what can I getcha Hon?", it makes me feel good...

Ruth-less

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
stuff that gets too 50s really gets me, and I don't know why... honey, sweetie, babe...

it just seems as though it's meant to demean and deminish

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
PAL OR BUDDY
Dane cook covered this very well in his stand up comedy but it's so flippin true. If you aren't someones pal or buddy and they call you this----- level 10 ninja hate.

Specifically to being a woman.....
Cute-

Eghhhhhhhhh

CUTE!

:: slits throat ::

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I once made a very grave mistake, while thinking simple comradery, I called a female cop, that I knew, personally, "Hon", while discussing a robbery case that we both were involved in... Let's just say that I was verbally given a new orifice to shit from, and, I that won't make that mistake again!

A/B

Last edited:

xx9270

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I was once given a very public telling off for calling a member of the opposite sex a "lady". She seemed to think that I was accusing her of being old. I was always brought up to believe that this word described someone who had class, style, manners. But Hey Ho!

On another use of words, where I come from in the north of England the use of the word "Love" to a female (and also to men in some places) is a common form of greeting eg. hello love how are you. I annoys the hell out of those from the South and the politically correct.

I was once given a very public telling off for calling a member of the opposite sex a "lady". She seemed to think that I was accusing her of being old. I was always brought up to believe that this word described someone who had class, style, manners. But Hey Ho!

On another use of words, where I come from in the north of England the use of the word "Love" to a female (and also to men in some places) is a common form of greeting eg. hello love how are you. I annoys the hell out of those from the South and the politically correct.
The Cornish say "wasson me cock?" "Shag" is also a friendly term of endearment, so no-one bats an eyelid at "me love" or "me lover".

Anyway, recently someone kept calling me "girl". I was really tolerant, as English was not his first language, I just assumed he wasn't aware that it could cause offence or wasn't entirely appropriate. Silly me :rolleyes:. It's since been followed up with various comments along the lines of "look at your body" etc. What a wanker. I still haven't said anything as I won't be working there much longer, and it's probably best to let him continue as other women will then be able to tell he's an idiot. I will be working at the same place as his wife in a couple of weeks :).

Reactions: alcor972

Will you be making a casual, off-hand comment about his shameless flirting and how charming it is?
Apart from myself and one of the delivery drivers, everyone at work is Muslim. It's a small town, so they seem like quite a tight-knit community or extended family of their own. I believe he only mentioned to me that he was married because they police each other. He is extremely vain, and loves showing off his fabulous muscles. Young women are constantly throwing themselves at him. He's a nine ( one point deducted for being maybe a bit short) and his wife is a three. They're both in their mid twenties, and the likelihood of him cheating on her looks pretty high to me. She seems unhappy, and has previously phoned work to make sure, in a roundabout way, that I know he has a wife and a small child. My plan is to befriend her, so she does know someone outside of her family and community, and persuade her not to move to Manchester, which is what he wants to do.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Apart from myself and one of the delivery drivers, everyone at work is Muslim. It's a small town, so they seem like quite a tight-knit community or extended family of their own. I believe he only mentioned to me that he was married because they police each other. He is extremely vain, and loves showing off his fabulous muscles. Young women are constantly throwing themselves at him. He's a nine ( one point deducted for being maybe a bit short) and his wife is a three. They're both in their mid twenties, and the likelihood of him cheating on her looks pretty high to me. She seems unhappy, and has previously phoned work to make sure, in a roundabout way, that I know he has a wife and a small child. My plan is to befriend her, so she does know someone outside of her family and community, and persuade her not to move to Manchester, which is what he wants to do.
That poor lady. I hope you will be able to give her a friend.

Reactions: alcor972 and 950483

So this big shaved head mechanic goon is babbling about my powerstroke "and cylinder 7 isn't fully contributing, blah blah blah, but you wouldn't understand anyway--missy....."

'Missy, 'eh?---Look, DumbFuck---I told you it was underfueled---what's that loose hose? wouldn't happened to be unplugged from mass air sensor, would it?

I seldom react like that, that quick---something about 'Missy' just really psd me off

Well the cylinder 7 issue is a big problem if you have a 6.4L Power Stroke. International considers them a a throw away motor. So Ford went to the 6.7L. If you have a 7.3 or 6.0 then there is a few things you can do though it won't be cheap for the parts. Certainly won't be cheap for the labor if you don't do your own work.

Every term I have heard I have no problem with. I do not like being called a slut but that is not usually thought of as an innocent term.
For me the problem comes when it is said in a snide way or by some asshole I already have a problem.

JackDoff

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Personally don't see anything wrong with it, but if it offends you then it offends you. My wife has a friend whom we've both had 'fun' with and I call them Slut#1 and Slut#2 or my fave slut and my 2nd fave slut they don't mind at all, both are dirty girls and both admit to it. they're no offended by it but if they were I'd not call it them - end of. Respect each other.

Personally don't see anything wrong with it, but if it offends you then it offends you. My wife has a friend whom we've both had 'fun' with and I call them Slut#1 and Slut#2 or my fave slut and my 2nd fave slut they don't mind at all, both are dirty girls and both admit to it. they're no offended by it but if they were I'd not call it them - end of. Respect each other.
I had only been called a slut in a non joking way by a girl who thought I was trying to steal her boyfriend I didnt even know, and afew guys I didn't want to hook up with. So it has always been used only by people who hated me for crap reasons. So in the bedroom it wouldn't do for me.
I get called a slut by one of my friends brothers but I know he is joking.
Being called a slut is fine if you are into it but I am not. And I have no problem with other people doing it to each other if the enjoy it. No judgement there. Just don't call me that unless you want my fist breaking your nose.lol. He can call me other things but normally he calls me dirty and his secret sex freak amongst other things.