Don't Force Us to Destroy You

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I found this a pretty amusing parody, except that it cuts so close to the bone. When Nick4444 described his gun-hugging Marine preparing to make good on some great unspecified threat, I really think he was trying to say what is laid out in the linked essay.

As Lene Lovich said: You can't kill me :wink:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
she sucks but maybe that is just my age

Lene is kinda like Chartreuse liqueur: strange, very powerful and rather distasteful and not meant for consumption in large quantities. She's an acquired taste.

But no thoughts on the article?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Wait, didn't Lydia Lunch do the (ahem) background vocals for Soft Cell's Seedy Films and Sex Dwarf?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
ML scores twenty points in the bonus round. It's tragic that Diamanda Galas and Nick Cave never bred: now that's a kid I coulda babysat. His work with Lydia Lunch was never anything but so-so.

Ms Galas seemed destined to gene splice with Al Jorgensen. free life time babysitting.

i always thought Nick Cave and PJ Harvey would make good babies.
ml

*plots/plans/schemes next generation of super humans*

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wait, didn't Lydia Lunch do the (ahem) background vocals for Soft Cell's Seedy Films and Sex Dwarf?

If she did, it's news to me. Something else I gotta look up, now. :tongue:

I had a member of the commentariat of The Spin Cycle who called himself Lydia Lunch. We exchanged e-mail addys and eventually IMd back and forth. Turns out, he really should have stayed on his medication and wound up making an ass of himself. I sent an e-mail to those who'd care titled Lunch Flips Lyd.

Ms Galas seemed destined to gene splice with Al Jorgensen. free life time babysitting.

i always thought Nick Cave and PJ Harvey would make good babies.
ml

*plots/plans/schemes next generation of super humans*

Super humans rule :headbang:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It looks like something that Keith Olbermann cooked up - with the third grade level writing - and that is actually how he thinks the minds of the republican party work.

I particularly like the part of the parody where 'the Democrats issue press releases that correct our press releases' :rolleyes:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I particularly like the part where it's quite factually stated that 'the Democrats issue press releases that correct our [the Republican party's] press releases'

I liked that too, star. It's a never-ending job for those of us interested in truth, justice and the American way.

Excuse the edit, but sometimes you inadvertently misrepresent yourself and as your friend, I don't want people to misunderstand you.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I liked that too, star. It's a never-ending job for those of us interested in truth, justice and the American way.

Excuse the edit, but sometimes you inadvertently misrepresent yourself and as your friend, I don't want people to misunderstand you.

As a point of disclaimer - i was just quoting the article in terms of 'our.'

As you probably already know, my political views would categorize me as a libertarian; however, since that is a wasted vote in every election, I am a registered republican. So I support Republicans over Dems; but not sure that I am a quintessential republican.

That is - socially liberal; fiscally very conservative.

And if you are seeking out truth, justice and the American way....tell me when you find it.:wink:

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
As a point of disclaimer - i was just quoting the article in terms of 'our.'

As you probably already know, my political views would categorize me as a libertarian; however, since that is a wasted vote in every election, I am a registered republican. So I support Republicans over Dems; but not sure that I am a quintessential republican.

That is - socially liberal; fiscally very conservative.

And if you are seeking out truth, justice and the American way....tell me when you find it.:wink:

I know. And I'll keep you posted.