Don't get mad...but another MJ post....

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fascinating and factual read. Thanks.

The American predisposition to build someone up to near god-like status only to kick that individual off that imposed pedastal never ceases to confound and anger me. It's public manipulation at its worst.

Our Oprah Winfrey society simply cannot have it that Jackson was an atypical human being in many ways. With great intelligence and great talent (historically) it occurs to me that what the general populace calls "eccentricity" comes often.

Jackson had his idiosyncracies no question. But they were benign.

I find the distortion of his looks the saddest thing to do with his legacy. It was increasingly more alarming by the year.

(feel no compunction to write "Don't get mad..." in your thread title OCMJ). This Jackson business is very topical still and we need to put the thing into perspective in order that we, the consuming audience, never victimize another the way Michael Jackson was victimized.

Thanks again for searching out the Huffington Post article.

Last edited:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks OCMJ,

We murder best here through innuendo. Folks are going to come down along the lines of an issue on one side or the other depending upon their own filters. I find it fascinating that even after death the media seems bound and determined to punish Jackson for crimes they believe he has committed whether it ultimately hurts his children (Biological or not) or not.
I think we often say we respect one thing but when faced with a genuine example we pick it apart until we are satisfied that it is a fake or we have destroyed it. The man is dead...like it or not he made a decision to settle out of court. We will never know what actually happened with him and that child but I prefer to think that Neverland was a place he created to allow children to enjoy the childhood that he was not allowed to have.