Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's not often I walk out of movies if rarely really, especially those that cost $10, plus another $7, $8 for popcorn and a soda... but this movie "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" is the worst movie I've seen in a while.

I thought I was in for a nice chick flick this Sunday afternoon with sexy Matthew McConaughey, but pleazzzz, not only did I fall asleep in the beginning, I woke up and saw how bad it was and got up and left! I thought this actor had some brains, enough so not to make a bad movie... does he really need the $$ that bad?!?!

:mad: Save your $$ or throw $20 in the trash can, you'll feel about the same, have the same effect, and if any woman really wants to see this movie, beggin' you to take her, show them this post, and go see something else or do something else with the $$$, trust me, I'd have more fun watching paint dry or gettin' off with a new adult toy --what a piece of crap!

:confused: Anyone see anything really good lately? Is it just me, or is it a lousy movie season right now? I haven't seen many movies lately, so I'm trying to take some time and entertain myself this summer, get indoors where it's nice and cool, since it's blasting hot where I am!

FlowerChick

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for the heads up...I tend to make my movie decisions in regard to...Do I need to see this now on a big screen? Can I wait for it on an flight (You would be surprised at the crap I have enjoyed on a long trip) Is it rent worthy? Shall I wait for it on HBO? (Again during a sleepless night you would be amazed at what I have found compelling at three in the morning)
Sounds to me like I will bump this thread in about seven months when it's on HBO.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thats the mind set of hollywood these days. They think you can generate an audience for any stupid movie just by putting a loved celeb in it. Now I am sure there are plenty of guy and gals out there going to expect to see Matt but if you don't like the movie go to the desk , tell them. and they just might give you a comp ticket. It is worth a try.

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Thanks for the heads up...I tend to make my movie decisions in regard to...Do I need to see this now on a big screen? Can I wait for it on an flight (You would be surprised at the crap I have enjoyed on a long trip) Is it rent worthy? Shall I wait for it on HBO? (Again during a sleepless night you would be amazed at what I have found compelling at three in the morning)
Sounds to me like I will bump this thread in about seven months when it's on HBO.

I'm with you Nude....the 'theater experience' is about as enjoyable as flying or dentistry to me so it takes ALLOT to lure me into a sticky, back unfriendly seat for 2 1/2 hours. I have a good hook up for bootlegs now and can enjoy new releases from the comfort of my own home....honestly, based on the last few movies I got from her...I would be PISSED if I paid ten bucks to see on the big screen.

FlowerChick

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Even watching sexy Matt M. was not enough to keep me in the theater... actually in a way changed my opinion about him as a "real life person." It's funny not even a good-looking guy with average acting ability would keep me in the theater this time. Just goes to show you what people with do for money, within their careers.
I did like Matt M. in the "Two for the Money" movie along side Al Pacino and Rene Russo about sports handicapping and betting. I'll watch any Al Pacino movie any day over several male actors.

Thanks Lee M, I will check out your suggestion.

Should have seen Star Trek like massivepkgo chuck suggests.

Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day Weekend!

Flower Chick

FlowerChick

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is it rent worthy? Shall I wait for it on HBO? (Again during a sleepless night you would be amazed at what I have found compelling at three in the morning)

Knowing what I know about it now and if someone told me what I said, I wouldn't spend a nickel on it, nor would I even watch it for free in-flight, definitely not on cable even, nowhere! I fell asleep, it had no entertaining value to it! I rarely speak out about movies, maybe this is the "new me" I am going through some life changes, but I'm finding myself much more assertive these days.

:smile: Like I say, save your $$ and most importantly your time and your self-respect!

Flower Chick

Last edited:

splitface

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm with you Nude....the 'theater experience' is about as enjoyable as flying or dentistry to me so it takes ALLOT to lure me into a sticky, back unfriendly seat for 2 1/2 hours. I have a good hook up for bootlegs now and can enjoy new releases from the comfort of my own home....honestly, based on the last few movies I got from her...I would be PISSED if I paid ten bucks to see on the big screen.

:eek: (shhhh...)
jk :biggrin1:

Torrents are just way better.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Even watching sexy Matt M. was not enough to keep me in the theater... actually in a way changed my opinion about him as a "real life person." It's funny not even a good-looking guy with average acting ability would keep me in the theater this time. Just goes to show you what people with do for money, within their careers.
I did like Matt M. in the "Two for the Money" movie along side Al Pacino and Rene Russo about sports handicapping and betting. I'll watch any Al Pacino movie any day over several male actors.

Thanks Lee M, I will check out your suggestion.

Should have seen Star Trek like massivepkgo chuck suggests.

Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day Weekend!

Flower Chick
Another one to consider, if you're into sci fi/action, is TERMINATOR SALVATION. No Arney, but it sounds promising. Or maybe even the Night at the museum

I saw Terminator Salvation a few days ago and I really enjoyed it. I love the Terminator movies and TV show (Sarah Connor Chronicles), so it was a safe bet that I was going to like the movie. I know the critics are lambasting it, but I thought it was great. That was the first time that I have been in a movie theatre in 10 years! I can't see me going back again until the next Terminator comes out (there are 2 more on the way).

P.S. Arney appears for 2 minutes, but it's computer generated (he looks like he did 25 years ago).