Dont know what to do. I think i messed up

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by jason5802, Nov 10, 2007.

1. jason5802

jason5802 New Member

I am 18 and a senior in highschool and i think i fucked up. I had my first sexual expierience with a guy 4 years ago and it wasnt pleasant. I then met a man on the internet and we messed around a couple timesand i have not been with a guy since. Now in my senior year I have the greatest girlfriend and we have been together for over 6 months. My problem is i just started to notice bumps around my anus. Im almost positive its anal warts. I dont know what to do. Me and my girlfriend have had unprotected sex many times and im worried that if it is infact hpv that i have given it to her. I want to get it checked out but i dont know how to go about doing it since i am still under my parents insurance. Then if my suspicions are confirmed how do i go about telling her.

2. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Well, for starters... if you see a doctor, they can't tell your parents anything. Patient confidentiality. :smile: So just tell your parents that you think you might have something else instead... hemorrhoids or something. How long ago did you mess with this last guy??

3. jason5802

jason5802 New Member

Its been a while, over a year ago

4. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Checkups at GUM clinics are free in the UK...is that not the case in the US?

You should perhaps either wear protection with your gf or try abstaining til you find out what it is. Have you noticed any warts or bumps on her vagina?

Also, if these bumps on your anus aren't sore, red or....pussy :)tongue:) they might just be hair folicles? Just one alternative.

But I would go to the clinic. Or doctor...dunno how it works in the US. Here we have a family doctor for general medical concerns and genito-urinary clinics for sexual health related things.

5. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Man up and get it checked out. Tell your parents you are going for a routine check up.

6. iowamojoe

iowamojoe New Member

Albums:
    hey buddy
    don't freak.
    if you live in a decent-sized town, there's sure to be a free--or discounted--clinic. go there. they cannot tell anyone who you are by law...and it's usually free or super affordable.

7. arliss

Gold Member

Albums:
    the best advice to you is to speak with your parents..confide in them..be wary of people who advise you to hide the truth from your parents..your parents can be your best friends..learn to trust them..they will never steer you wrong

8. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Get it checked out, and if it is HPV, then both of you need to be treated or it will be an endless circle of re-infection.

Tell her you caught it from someone else (obviously). But you don't have to tell her that you got it from a man -- just someone you fooled around with.

OR, if you told her that she was your first girl...

Then blame it all on the unfortunate incident that happened when you were 14.

Good luck.

PS: Your parents are going to be too embarrassed to go into any details. Just tell them that you had some kind of urinary tract infection.

9. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Tell your parents. If my kid had a infection like that, I'd want to know and get her treated properly. Good luck and be safe.

10. ToBe

ToBe New Member

Listen to arliss, he has very good advice here.

A doctors visit will be confidential, but any treatment or medication you get may show up on your insurance statements. Free clinics generally suck... going to a place using your insurance will make it much less painful.

The best strategy will be just to go for a standard check-up visit, then bring up your concern to the doctor. Just by the appearance of the area he or she should be able to tell you if it is an HPV infection. HPV is spread by touching the affected area. So as long as your GF doesn't touch the affected area, she should be safe.

Wikipedia has a nice summary of the subject: Genital wart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But, I'm still not conviced you actually do have genital warts. Generally these pop up a few months after you get infected. They also look like rough, flesh-colored, cauliflower like raised areas. Just go see a doctor, it may quickly allay your fears.

11. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I'd agree that telling his parents would be a good idea, but not all kids have the kind of parents that they're able to tell. What Meg said sounded like a good idea, tell your parents you think you've got piles, then you're down for a rectal examination, if he sees warts he'll tell you and advise suitable treatment.

12. TheManTheLegend

TheManTheLegend New Member

Albums:
    yo you need to tell ur girl thats first. tell her wats going on, she has a right to know. its not fair of u to be fucking her and her thinking its all cool when u could be giving her some shit. mayb shell understand mayb not point is its the right thing to do. good luck

13. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

As it's his steady gf they're unlikely to be sleeping with anyone else and if he's going to get it checked out very soon I think it's better to leave it until it's confirmed, it might not be warts and if it was he's alarmed her for nothing, but if there is a possibility she would sleep with someone else he should tell her straight away.

14. labourertype

labourertype New Member

It could be one of many things or nothing at all.
    Im not so sure I agree that you need to tell your parents (at least before you know yourself what it is)

I am sure you need to go to the Doctor, to put your mind at ease.
    Tell your Doctor your fears & they may be able to treat it (if required) discreetly

Your Doctor may be able to give you some advice on how to approach your parents (if you need to at all)

First step would be a check up with your Doctor

Im reasonably sure that your Doctor would have been confronted with this situation before and would be able to supply different ways it can be approached

15. dreamer20

Gold Member

I disagree. He needs to see the doctor first to determine what he has and then follow the advice given.

BTW TMTL you never considered the possibility that he could catch HPV from her for some strange reason.:rolleyes:

16. DangerZone8877

DangerZone8877 New Member

wow dude.. i'm sorry to hear that, but you definitely need to get it checked out. you're at the age now where you can drive, so no one has to know that you're going to the doctor. i'd recommend going to a state or county-sponsored health department. that would probably be your best bet aside from a general practitioner.

i wouldn't tell my g/f about the dude- just tell her you'd been with people in the past who apparently had something you did not know about. don't let her go without knowing though, because if you love her you won't want her going through the same thing you're going through right now. it would be best to get treatment for yourself and for her, if she needs it.

17. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Dreamer made a good point, he could have caught them from his gf, the percentage of people with hpv is extremely high and as the symptoms have only shown up very recently this is a distinct possibility.

18. ToBe

ToBe New Member

Unlikely. He said that only his anal region was affected. Unless she was rubbing her genetalia on his anus... :smile::eek: ... remember, it's a local skin infection that's spread by skin to skin contact of affected areas... it does not spread through your body.

If she gave it to him, his penile area would be more likely to be affected.

It could just be folliculitis or miliaria.

19. dreamer20

Gold Member

Draft saved Draft deleted