Don't Touch My Junk

haulthat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you are looking at one of the images taken by the full body scanners, having X-Ray vision would not help you see more junknasty or junkaliciousness in those images. If anything you would see the components of the display, or whatever is behind the printed copy you have.... Just sayin. Bottom line is... they blur out the photos when they show them on TV. If they didn't need to it would be a different story. No solution will be found if the argument stays for or against the methods in question.
There is a valid security issue that needs to be addressed, there needs to be an effective solution that can be agreed upon. Polarized arguments never end, and as such are kind of a waste of time. If you believe that one opinion is clearly correct, and the other has no merit than why bother discussing it? Something I think is completely overlooked is that those machines are not cheap, and I think the decision to implement them had a lot to do with the profit made by the parties involved.

If you can tell how someone's packing based off the types of photos the machine takes, then you have better x-ray vision than Superman.

Even without full body scanners or the more aggressive frisks, there are still plenty of people who complain about the way the TSA handles things. Even though we all know you have to take off metals such as jewelry before going through the metal detector, many times you get to the front of the line and there's someone whining and complaining about why they have to take off their ring or necklace or someone who acts as if they have removed everything and still sets off the alarm. Others have electronics in their bags bigger than the allowed size and not in a TSA approved carry on and forget to take it out. Then they complain when the bag either has to be emptied or brought forth for additional screening. IMO, the argument about "sacrificing rights" is a fruitless one because people are forever going to complain about their supposed loss of "freedoms" or "privacy" regardless of what the TSA does. In some cases, they are also the ones expecting to get through because they don't "look like a threat", as if being a security risk has an established look or type to begin with.

Kinda makes it difficult when you're going overseas. :wink:
Then again, there's always a Trans-Atlantic cruise... which ironically puts people through a similar security procedure to board the ship. It wouldn't surprise me if they started using full body scanners either.

Most things regarding baggage fees can be found out before you get to the airport these days. Anyone traveling owes it to themselves to go to the websites of the airlines they're using and see what their policies are for such things. Weight requirements, the amount of carry-on luggage, etc... I've seen people royally screwed traveling with too much baggage on these fees. And there's still plenty of ways to avoid them if you use the right airline that doesn't charge as much or are part of frequent flyer programs that allow their customers free baggage check-in. If anything, packing lighter and traveling with only your necessities makes it easier to deal with. Or you can not fly, which works if you're not going too far. From New York, I would never fly to Boston or Washington DC. It's only four hours away and the train is much more comfortable (with less security drama). I've even done the 12 hour train ride from NYC to Montreal a few times (which is WONDERFUL during the Fall season). Alas, I wouldn't be doing that if I was going to Brazil.

But that is the option. You either cooperate with the procedure they establish to make it as fast and thorough as possible, or you go through the more rigorous check where it really is a pain in the ass. They're not going to make a third option where people who don't comply with a scan or a frisk to get on a plane based on their looks and personality.

NumberTwentySix

Just Browsing
Media
Fisrt pic is Chechen mujahedin.
Second pic is Chinese mujahedin.

It's not about profiling brown people, it's about profiling people affiliated with radical Islam, who are quite ethnically diverse but have linguistic and cultural markers that can help identify a vast majority of them.

Bringing up abortion clinic bombers is a separate issue. Yes they are a problem, but conflating the motives, objectives, and capabilities of an organized, deliberate, and systematic international movement with those of a semi-organized, primarily US-based group is a logical fallacy. Classic comparing apples to cantaloupes.

Race Card Is Maxed Out - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 08/05/10 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

1:50

Attachments

biggunlover

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't fly a lot but probably 10-15 times a year and I changed planes in DFW last weekend and went through the screener in a matter of 30 seconds tops but 10 minutes later a priest sat down next to me on the plane. He complained that while he was being searched he overheard several TSA personel commenting on watching a particular female when she went through the scanner. This priest said that he stayed back to see 4 personel go over to look when this overly developed slim and curvy woman go through the scanner(his description----he couldn't say she had big tits). I thought no one was allowed to watch except the person in the monitoring booth. He wasn't complaining of patting him down but was appauled at the TSA 'observing' the curvy woman. While walking to get on the plane he ask the woman and she said it happens all the time and she was used to it.

Seems like the complaints are depending on the subject and the actions of the TSA for sure. During the flight I got up to go to the restroom and saw what they were all looking at and can't say that I blame them, just they shouldn't be so obviously doing what they were doing. Also, this extremely curvy woman didn't find a problem as she was used to it.......probably any other woman the TSA personel might not go to as much trouble to observe.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Bringing up abortion clinic bombers is a separate issue. Yes they are a problem, but conflating the motives, objectives, and capabilities of an organized, deliberate, and systematic international movement with those of a semi-organized, primarily US-based group is a logical fallacy. Classic comparing apples to cantaloupes.

Yet you can still draw a comparison if you want. First off, they're both fruit. They both belong to the same kingdom (Plantae) as well. As much as they look different on the surface, there are similarities if we actually care to look.

The main reason why I bring up the issue of abortion clinic bombers is to illustrate how hypocritical it is for people of one faith to demonize the other for their shortcomings when both of them do the same thing. The anti-Islamic rhetoric coming from our religious brethren is full on hypocrisy because they also have their faction of lunatics that conduct their own forms of terrorism. There's no sense talking about a few nut jobs from one religion as they try to hijack a plane and pilot it into a building when the others want to bomb abortion clinics, places of worship and even drive helicopters into federal buildings.

It's disingenuous to suggest that TSA regulations are being tightened just for the sake of preventing Islamic terrorism. Because even Scott Roeder took a flight before his act of domestic terrorism against George Tiller. He was obviously a threat too, alas, the TSA didn't catch him.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

* link to vid of someone under 18 removed*

they had to take this little kid's shirt off... for freedom

The TSA should just search black people and Arabs. Afterall, the patdowns and naked scanners are harmless, why do they have to check everyone?

In fact, I say naked scan AND pat down all black and Arabs, (Mexicans too)

for freedom

Last edited by a moderator:

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK, so I posted a link to a video on youtube of the TSA strip searching a little boy, probably 10. The LPSG mods pulled the post down, said it was bad news on a site like this.

a 10
year
old
boy

Are there pedo pervs on LPSG? You bet. Is it possible pedo pervs works for the TSA? YOU BET. Is it possible a pedo-perv would pull out a kid just to strip search him and get his jollies? YOU BET.

Watch out for the boy bombs, everyone, they'll ruin America. :rolleyes:

Another story I heard, was a man's sister got a pat down, and when she was done, the TSA agent gave her his name and said, "look me up on facebook"

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
did she? if she did, then i guess the guard had judged the situation correctly.

No

profiling is bigotry. and no one actually touches your junk. get a life.

if the searches are harmless, why don't we just have the TSA profile? After all, what is wrong with harmless bigotry?

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
if the searches are harmless, why don't we just have the TSA profile? After all, what is wrong with harmless bigotry?

Because an actual search doesn't require someone to profile, or base the fact that they're interrogating someone on a suspicion based on what they look like. On that level, a search is actually harmless. But when the goal is to propagate and tap into people's inner fears, it's easy to make things sound worse than it really is.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"He who gives up freedom for safety deserves neither" - Ben Franklin

Again...10 times more likely to be struck by lightening than you are to ever be involved in a terrorist attack. Stop being so frightened over an almost non-existent threat.

Another win for the terrorists, another loss for the American public. This is a good way to spur domestic "terrorism" though

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because an actual search doesn't require someone to profile, or base the fact that they're interrogating someone on a suspicion based on what they look like. On that level, a search is actually harmless. But when the goal is to propagate and tap into people's inner fears, it's easy to make things sound worse than it really is.

Right, so now instead of racial profiling, we have "beauty" profiling...me thinks the number of young attractive women being "randomly selected" for these screenings is on the rise....

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Right, so now instead of racial profiling, we have "beauty" profiling...me thinks the number of young attractive women being "randomly selected" for these screenings is on the rise....

I highly doubt that is going to happen.
Just go through the scanner and not make a stink about it. That way you'll avoid TSA from tickling your testicles. Deep down I'm sure TSA agents don't want to frisk everyone either.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Just go through the scanner and not make a stink about it. That way you'll avoid TSA from tickling your testicles.

Some people pay for that. Consider it a freebie with the pack of peanuts you get on the plane.

If you get peanuts you didnt do so good. If you get cashews...they noticed.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just go through the scanner and not make a stink about it. That way you'll avoid TSA from tickling your testicles. Deep down I'm sure TSA agents don't want to frisk everyone either.

And I highly doubt you will ever be on a plane that has a bomb on it...:wink:

On a side note, I'll make sure to have a raging boner if I am ever groped, in an effort to make the process as awkward as possible for my screener. What happened to bomb sniffing dogs? We're all used to dogs sniffing our junk, seems like a simpler alternative

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And I highly doubt you will ever be on a plane that has a bomb on it...:wink:

True that. But it's not as if these scanners are only being used in America. There are plenty of things the TSA has enforced that are rather silly, but the full body scanners isn't one of them.

On a side note, I'll make sure to have a raging boner if I am ever groped, in an effort to make the process as awkward as possible for my screener.

Make sure you're on my plane when you do this. :wink: :biggrin1:

What happened to bomb sniffing dogs? We're all used to dogs sniffing our junk, seems like a simpler alternative

I'm sure the ASPCA would look at a few of the wrong people getting "searched" and say that would be animal abuse.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know if anyone mentioned it elsewhere, but it's obvious this guy acted like an ass to try and get the publicity. When you watch the video of him, he's clearly grandstanding.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't know if anyone mentioned it elsewhere, but it's obvious this guy acted like an ass to try and get the publicity. When you watch the video of him, he's clearly grandstanding.

I have not had the patience to read the whole thread, but those were my thoughts as well.