Don't Use The Pump

Stormyjjl

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
ACTION TOGETHER BRINGS FORTH CHANCE. APATHY WILL KILL US ALL IN A FLOOD OF OIL AND DOLLARS. DO IT FOR YOURSELF!!!!!!
On May 15th all LPSG members are asked to not go to the gas station in protest high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places. There are alot members currently on the network, and the average car takes about 20 to 30 dollars to fill up. If all LPSG members did not go to the pump on the 15th it would take a bunch of money out of the oil companys pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the oil industry for at least one day. Let's put these greed driven savages in ther place. Stand up and have your voice heard!!!!
If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldnt) Please give this thread a cheer of support

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Sounds good to me! I tired of the gas prices being out of control again
I'll do anything {almost!} to make the oil companies sit up and take notice.
cigarbabe & Mr. Ed are in.
cigarbabe:saevil:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ACTION TOGETHER BRINGS FORTH CHANCE. APATHY WILL KILL US ALL IN A FLOOD OF OIL AND DOLLARS. DO IT FOR YOURSELF!!!!!!
On May 15th all LPSG members are asked to not go to the gas station in protest high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places. There are alot members currently on the network, and the average car takes about 20 to 30 dollars to fill up. If all LPSG members did not go to the pump on the 15th it would take a bunch of money out of the oil companys pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the oil industry for at least one day. Let's put these greed driven savages in ther place. Stand up and have your voice heard!!!!
If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldnt) Please give this thread a cheer of support

$3.00 a gallon! You clearly have no idea what high gas prices are and no appreciation of how disproportinately low US and Canadian gas prices are.:rolleyes:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
There is no getting away from it..... gas prices up here are like.. $1.09 a liter... the other day it was at $1.14...and it costs us on average $55-$65 to fill up.. and thats not usually on empty.. we have an SUV, and a van..

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
That won't help, but if anybody is stupid enough to think it will, let him join in. The only things that will work are those which lead to a permanent cut in consumption. The problem is not the oil companies. If you go to a mirror, you'll see who the problem is. It's not them causing this, it's us. We are the market, and they are responding to market - driven forces. We buy the cars that burn the gas.

Everybody who participates in this farce will be lined up at the pumps the next day like a bunch of crack whores waiting for their dealer to get back from vacation. We're not going to put a significant dent in consumption by waiting until the next day to fill up.

The technology exists to allow auto makers to NEVER BUILD ANOTHER GAS-FUELED AUTOMOBILE EVER AGAIN, but there's not currently enough market pressure to stop manufacturers from making fossil fueled cars and trucks. We want our acceleration. We want our SUVs. We want to go fast, and we're not, as a culture, willing to make the sacrifices necessary to wean ourselves from the petroleum tit. We're just as greedy as they are, only we're greedy for different things.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I walk to work and back. I plan on getting a moped soon. Gas prices are outrageous. In most heavily populated countries, there are acommodations for those who do not wish to drive a motor vehicle. This country doesn't give much alternative, even in some large cities.

If you're a true anti-gas advocate, you wouldn't own a car to begin with.

It's their gas. They can charge whatever they want for it. Quit your fucking bitching.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I thought it was about the penis pump.

Okay, nobody buys gas on the 15th. That means everybody buys gas instead on the 16th which in turn increases the price further because suddenly demand has gone up.

You aren't going to prove anything. You can't win.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Make a clean sweep. Stop using electricity on the same day. Turn off the refrigerator, too. And the house heat. And don't use any plastic or rubber products - the hydrocarbon chains making most of them come directly from oil. We wouldn't have any metals or electronic doodads either without oil, as it takes loads of heat to process either, and the ovens and furnaces are either oil-fired or electrically heated, and the electricity comes from generators spun by oil-fired turbines. So stay offline and don't talk on the phone or watch TV. And don't try to pick up your mail, as without gas, it doesn't get delivered.

There's just no way around it, civilization runs on oil, and that's not the fault of Royal Dutch Shell or any of the other companies. They're not responsible for the demand, they only handle the supply. Some bottlenecks in supply are beyond their control, notably a shortage of refineries. The US is 'way behind in refinery capacity, and falling further behind every day. So next time you fork over $50 to gas up the old chariot, spare a moment for a suitable thought to thank the people who made it impossible to put in a new plant without doing about fifteen year's worth of environmental impact studies.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I remember more of these types of campaigns in the last 20 years than I can count. I also remember (vaguely) reading an analysis of such campaigns. They just don't work. Nice theory, though.

{The following comments are aimed at USA citizens; I don't know much about the petroleum industry in other countries...}

Federal, state, and local taxes contribute a hefty portion of the at-pump price. If the end-user cost goes up 10 cents per gallon, that doesn't mean that the cost of the product itself has gone up 10 cents per gallon.

The price fluctuations are thought-provoking. One point to consider is that, even if the local Exxon station just filled its tanks this morning, and then the price of crude goes up, they raise their prices within 5 minutes. When the price of crude goes back down, it takes them several days to bring the at-pump price back down. So they basically end up selling hundreds of gallons of $3.20 gasoline at $3.40. Not a bad scam, eh?

Also along the lines of price fluctuations, (and these are not accurate numbers; I'm using hypothetical numbers to illustrate) if crude is selling on Monday for $50 per barrel and steady, and the at-pump price is $3.00 and steady, a change will not be proportional. Tuesday morning at 8 AM, a barrel goes up to $55, the pump price goes up to $3.25. Wednesday morning, the barrel price goes back down to $50 per barrel, and the pump price only goes down to $3.20 - not back down to $3.00.

A big part of the problem is that there are anti-gouging laws in place, but they are not being enforced.

You have no standing to complain if you don't do everything you possibly can to reduce consumption. I know a disappointing number of people who drive 10 miles to the gym, spend 30 minutes on the treadmill, then drive home. I don't understand why the don't just run in their own neighborhood for 30 minutes.

I try to practice conservation methods in all areas, not just petroleum. Our car gets averages about 36 miles per gallon; we take public transportation whenever possible. A full tank lasts us about a month or a month and a half. I walk whenever possible. I re-use and recycle when possible. I wear a sweater instead of turning up the heat. I don't let the water run when showering, shaving, or brushing my teeth. You really can get used to the "navy shower" - wet yourself down, turn off the water, lather & scrub, turn the water back on to rinse off.

BD, you got it right. Petroleum consumption goes way beyond the gas-guzzling Navigators and Escalades.

Stormyjjl

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Ok you are all right, I got the message from a friend and i thought you should all hear it. I think it should be Everyone don't drive for 5 days and see how that works. Weather it makes a big diference or not. Like every addiction, it takes steps to break.

Not many people can quit smokeing sucsessfuly alone , they have to take steps to do so. So maybe this no gas on may 15th is the first step to get people thinking.

Who knows if people are willing to do this maybe it will open them up to the next step (Whatever that might be)

I am an optimist

Baseballfan155

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm sick of the oil companies pretty much raping us up the arse as well...however, this isn't going to work, mostly for the fact if nobody buys gas on the 15th, everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) will be buying it tomorrow.

But as far as the gas prices go, around here they were a great price in Feb. to March, when it was about $2.15 a gallon, which was reasonable. But supply and demand has not increased, so why have the gas prices? It really pisses me off!