Don't you hate it when political pundits...

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Give their explanations on why a vote went a certain way when they might as well be speaking out of their asses.

I don't think I'm going to be watching Fox News for the next 9 months.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Give their explanations on why a vote went a certain way when they might as well be speaking out of their asses.

Look, earl, anyone who can't posture in front of a TV camera and pass off their half-baked notions as if they were the wisdom of the ages just doesn't belong in America. :rolleyes:

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Why would you ever watch fox?:rolleyes:

I've never understood either. :confused: Nothing but trash!
Sheppard Smith might be worth a look occasionally, but you can only look at him for so long..before the "Fox" words start coming through and ruin it all!! :rolleyes:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Look, earl, anyone who can't posture in front of a TV camera and pass off their half-baked notions as if they were the wisdom of the ages just doesn't belong in America. :rolleyes:

When did we as Americans need "experts" to interpret the news for us?

Why would you ever watch fox?:rolleyes:

It's like tonguing a cold sore.

I've never understood either. :confused: Nothing but trash!
Sheppard Smith might be worth a look occasionally, but you can only look at him for so long..before the "Fox" words start coming through and ruin it all!! :rolleyes:

I absolutely can't stand that asian bitch, Michelle Malkin. It would be different if they were accountable for their views but they are never called on their bullshit...ever. Remember all the pundits and Zogby polls that predicted a Kerry win? Yeah same folks this time around.

The sad fact is most Americans do need someone to interpret the news for them. These are the people whom the media outlets hope to turn to their advantage and mould to fit their advertiser and editorial profile. It's a subtle form of brainwashing. Repeat a lie often enough...

I absolutely can't stand that asian bitch, Michelle Malkin. It would be different if they were accountable for their views but they are never called on their bullshit...ever. Remember all the pundits and Zogby polls that predicted a Kerry win? Yeah same folks this time around.

They're not called on their bullshit because it's their venue! They control what is said and if they can't control that then they control what's edited. Networks invest millions in the talking heads we see, not just their salaries, but in promotion, grooming, public relations, psychological profiling, advertiser promotion, revenue planning, and editorializing. Why do you think CBS hasn't dumped Couric yet? The last thing any producer wants is their talking head put in a situation that he or she can't talk her way out of. Look what happened to Tucker Carlson. Not only did he get canceled but so did the entire show. Lot of people got fired just over that one John Stewart interview because Stewart called them on their bullshit and Stewart is smarter than Carlson. Still, Carlson's back on the air because the network has so much invested in him that they want to recoup some of their money and none of the management who okayed his presence to begin with want to look like they've backed a loser. Like in any other job, covering your ass is the most important thing and if you think that someone is going to choose integrity over a pink slip you're mistaken.

gcbenji0

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I don't think I'm going to be watching Fox News for the next 9 months.

well i agree fox news is complete crap. i dont see how anyone takes it seriously. there is no denying that it is a republican propaganda machine...that's not to say other corporations dont put propaganda in the media, but fox news is completely unethical with it.
bill oreilly, ann coulter are just awful. i dont see how anyone watches that and takes it seriously.
for instance they attack barack obama because he smokes cigarettes and his middle name is hussein. what kind of crap is that? fox news crap that's what!

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Sadly, I suspect its been since news and journalism became, well, quite dull. Walter Cronkite or Edward R Murrow would never rate today. Media consumers much prefer pontificating pundits and news talk show egos squabbling and posturing on the air like Rockem-Sockem robot toys.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sadly, I suspect its been since news and journalism became, well, quite dull. Walter Cronkite or Edward R Murrow would never rate today. Media consumers much prefer pontificating pundits and news talk show egos squabbling and posturing on the air like Rockem-Sockem robot toys.

Maybe the news wouldn't be so dull if it was only on for 60 minutes per day. Besides, there is only so much bad news one can take in a day before it starts warping your reality.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Personally, I just plain hate political pundits...

I wonder if there is anyone who likes them or what use they are other than entertainment value. Yes, please tell me what I just heard and tell me what it really meant because I'm dumber than a door knob.

As if the patriotic rhetoric coming out of each horses mouth wasn't nauseating enough we have to listen to what comes out of a horses ass as well?

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah, I like it when Keith Olbermann of MSNBC calls it "Fox Noise" and I just love how he slams Bill O'Reilly.

I'll watch Fox News when I feel like I want entertainment and not news. To me it's like the Weekly World News. It makes me laugh until I'm sick. Then I puke and I have to turn it off. It's mind numbing crap.

Of course, CNN is garbage, just in a different way. It's annoying and repetitive. Also they have their biases too.

All news is about EDITING and BULLSHIT. You really need to read between the lines when dealing with any news network to get even close to the truth.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
uhmmm... a Hummer is technically not an SUV.

lol, nah, a Hummer is technically a blowjob.

Yeah, I like it when Keith Olbermann of MSNBC calls it "Fox Noise" and I just love how he slams Bill O'Reilly.

I'll watch Fox News when I feel like I want entertainment and not news. To me it's like the Weekly World News. It makes me laugh until I'm sick. Then I puke and I have to turn it off. It's mind numbing crap.

Of course, CNN is garbage, just in a different way. It's annoying and repetitive. Also they have their biases too.

All news is about EDITING and BULLSHIT. You really need to read between the lines when dealing with any news network to get even close to the truth.

I had a friend in college that had magazine subscriptions to both the National Review and New Republic. He said it was the only way to figure out what really was going on knowing that the truth always sat in the middle of the two extremes. He got a kick on how a story could be spun and said it gives a better broader perspective than trusting one centerist moderate news source.

Although I find that I roll my eyes a lot it's part of the reason why I watch Fox.