Don't you just fucking hate it...

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I hate it when that happens too NIC. If I encounter a "connection difficulty" I hit the back button and hastily jot down what I wrote so far on paper. That way if the post is lost I can always recreate it later.

Of course this method doesn't work when we have our frequent N.P. power failures.:mad:

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
IF you are writing an essay for a post, and you are worried about that, highlight it all before you post and hit "Cntrl" + "C", then if you lose it, go back to the posting screen, click in the text box and hit "Cntrl" + "V", and bingo, you get it back. :p

Or consider writing it in notepad first, saving frequently.

But yeah, been there, done that, taken the screaming fit.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, it has happened to me on numerous occasions.

When I first saw the title of this thread, I was being lysdexic and thought it said "Don't you just hate fucking it..." That really aroused my curiosity!

patrick9999

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Right click and select the text, left click to copy the selected text before you hit the post button. If it gets messed up or lost just left click to paste it back in.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Confession: I'm not much of one for starting threads. (Understatement of the year.)
But occasionally, I have written long posts to paste into a thread.
And when I know I'm going to be spending 10 or 20 minutes on a post (sometimes you guyz is worth it), I always write it in MS Word. (Wordpad would be fine, I spoze.)
So if there's any problem, I don't lose the text.
Nothing narcissistic here, but I'm always thinking of posterity and the larger human good.:cool:

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Regardless of which forum I'm in, I use my word processor whenever I write a message which is more than a few sentences. That also allows me to spellcheck the message. But it's hassle to copy it over if there's quotations.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Great idea's guys!
Sounds like someone's using their noodle, or is it doodle...

yeah those are good ideas, and ones I often employ myself, though then I get lazy and stop taking such precautions and something like this happens. Ironically, in the post I made just prior to this happening, I did the whole cntrl+c thing in case I lost it. Then I skipped that step before hitting "post" when I went to start this thread.... and it really was a great first post. I'll have to wait until I'm feeling creative to write it again.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I often lose posts here as I hit 'send' because of a lost internet connection. I have an old and very slow computer so it's almost a daily occurence and I'm just used to it by now. I've written down only two posts before I've posted them. I have a pretty good memory and I can usually get back online and post almost exactly what was lost.:smile:

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I often lose posts here as I hit 'send' because of a lost internet connection. I have an old and very slow computer so it's almost a daily occurence and I'm just used to it by now. I've written down only two posts before I've posted them. I have a pretty good memory and I can usually get back online and post almost exactly what was lost.:smile:

Heh. I have a slow memory (or is it senility?) and a fast computer. You have the better deal...:biggrin1:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Alright, now that I have seen just how common it is for the connection to be lost at the EXACT moment one hits the "send" button, I'm starting to think this is a conspiracy thought up by the Democratic National Committee, and deployed by subsidiaries of the wacko liberal media.

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Agreed!:tongue: Although, I wish I had your ability with puns, Hatched:biggrin:

It took me years to be that quick-witted.:wink:
Speaking of which: did you hear about the latest disease? It's called "Furniture Disease". You know, when you get old and your chest falls into your drawers....:biggrin1: :rolleyes:

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
It took me years to be that quick-witted.:wink:
Speaking of which: did you hear about the latest disease? It's called "Furniture Disease". You know, when you get old and your chest falls into your drawers....:biggrin1: :rolleyes:
Ah, Hatched! I'm not smart enough to come up with a quick response. Lucky for me, yesterday, my local alt. weekly had a special "jokes" issue. I'll share some of my favorites from it.

Q: What do you call a good-looking radical Islamist?

A: A Ji-hotty.

Q: How come cannibals don't eat clowns?

A: Because they taste funny.

Q: What kind of cheese isn't yours?

A: Nacho cheese.

Q: Why did the reporter go into the ice cream shop?

A: He wanted a scoop.

A few music-related ones for you:

Q: What do you call a drummer who's just broken up with his girlfriend?

A: Homeless.

Q: How do you get a drummer off your front porch?

A: Pay for the pizza.

Q: How many singers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Just one - to hold it while the world revolves around him.

Q: What did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?

A: Drool.

Q: What's the difference between a musician and a mutual fund?

A: The mutual fund eventually matures and earns money.

:biggrin: I hope you liked 'em!

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Concerning lost messages. If it is one of those days, I go to word perfect in my computer (or Micrsoft Word or Open Office, which ever one you have) and type it there, use spell check, then select copy. Then go to the LPSG site and when find the post you want it to go, then place your curser on that post and select paste. If it works you can then go back and delete the post in word perfect and not clutter up that program.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Aggravating to the max. But if you use Mozilla Firefox it does not lose the post like Microsofts's Internet Explorer.

I hate all the time outs and having to wait to get back in to the forum.