Door Locks - Which Is Best?

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
:redface:

I just want to be sure how it goes on :tongue:

Well, you must've seen those chain locks like this, even if only on TV. These hook-locks are the exact same concept: they go above or below the door handle, on the side that it opens.
Only because the hook is rigid and not loose like the chain, it has no give whatsoever - the door will not open when the hook is latched onto the loop. To open the door, simply lift the hook out of the loop and let it hang. :tongue::smile:

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's a hooky thing and a fucking hole!! You install the hooky thing so it fits in the fucking hole and stops the fucking door from fucking opening - for fuck's sake!!!!

All those fucks coming from you MB... that's kinda hot. :biggrin1:

SLB: Just hammer it into the hole as hard as you can. You'll most likely need to pound the damn thing into submission. Drive it deep inside and make sure it stays there... BTW, this advice on women also applies to door locks. :cool:

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I see now...so I shall install it into the wall since thats the side the door opens at...the other side is wood but its the far side of the door so they'll still be able to open it a bit :confused:

And its my mum and her fiance who aren't knocking! They don't shut the door when they're on the toilet either!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
All those fucks coming from you MB... that's kinda hot. :biggrin1:

I'll do you the audio version, shall I?

SLB: Just hammer it into the hole as hard as you can. You'll most likely need to pound the damn thing into submission. Drive it deep inside and make sure it stays there... BTW, this advice on women also applies to door locks. :cool:

Sorry - thought you were still talking to me for a moment there. :rolleyes:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So MB...it goes on the side opposite to where the handle is? lol.:redface: LMAO!:tongue: Now I understand why you are so pretty and have a big cock! :wink::biggrin1: PS there's only a wooden frame at the top and right side of my door. The other side is just wall...does it go in the wall? lol

Just go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get a new doorknob that has a built-in push-button lock. I believe they're called "privacy" knobs, and start around $11 each. Replacing one should take you fewer than 10 minutes.
That would have been my first choice as well. He's not a big, manly Texan like you HG; he doesn't know how to fix things. :cool:

Or you could just tell everyone to have some manners and knock first!:rolleyes::biggrin:
If that had worked he wouldn't have needed to make this post!:rolleyes::biggrin1:

ROTFLMAO :biggrin1::tongue::wink:

I see now...so I shall install it into the wall since thats the side the door opens at...the other side is wood but its the far side of the door so they'll still be able to open it a bit :confused: Most large chain hardware stores have people on staff who will install anything for a small fee. I am thinking this may be your best bet at this point. It seems there is a very good chance you will maim or kill yourelf during the process of this minor DIY project. :tongue::rolleyes::biggrin1:
And its my mum and her fiance who aren't knocking! Hmm, I remember you mentioning this months ago. This is a little gross; but perhaps viewing your hot, young body wanking off, serves as foreplay for the two of them?They don't shut the door when they're on the toilet either!
Now that's just gross, I hate that! My mum has always done that too, ever since I was a little kid. My ex-bf only left the door open for #2. He had a bashful bladder so he always shut it for #1. :rolleyes::tongue:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Well, I'm no locksmith, but my 2 cents: It depends on what kind of lock you're looking for. If for an interior door, yes the pushbutton one should work well for you. Some people are now installing locks with keyed entries even on interior doors.

If it's for an exterior lock, a push button or turn lock type is good for regular use, but you'll want a deadbolt type for a second lock. If you're concerned about being able to get out in time (for fires etc.) don't get a double lock deadbolt unless you're sure to keep the key very handy. (Double lock deadbolts are usually used on glass doors because someone can break the glass and turn the lock on a single lock type).

No locks on exterior doors are worth squat if you're planning on installing them with the standard hardware that comes with them. Replace those one inch screws with 2 1/2 inch (maybe even 3 inch) long screws that can get into your studs behind the doorframe. Do the same for the screws on the door's hinges.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well . . . what happend ScaredLittleBoy? :confused:
Did you buy a lock? Were you able to install it yourself?
Come on, inquiring minds want to know!