Dope-y Dealer

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Osiris, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Osiris

Gold Member

I'm still laughing at this one

Text message sent to the wrong phone leads to arrests

January 23rd, 2008 @ 4:02pm

Gene Kennedy reporting

A suspected drug dealer sent a text message to the wrong phone. The person on the other end of that text message was a Salt Lake City detective, and rather than blowing off the mistaken text message, the detective played along to help narcotics officers make a bust.

Salt Lake City Detective Dan Wendelboth says, "When I initially received the first text, I thought it was kind of funny and something I went along with."

The message on Detective Wendelboth's personal cell asked if he wanted to buy Lortab pills--a prescription painkiller.

Wendelboth says the text message read, "I have 10 Lortab 7.5." He says he was familiar with the drug so he texted back, "How much?" He says, "She sent me a price of $50, and I said, ‘Where and when?'"

A meeting was set up for 8:00 last night at the Wal-Mart parking lot off 4700 South and 900 East.

Police say three women showed up at the parking lot, including 27-year-old Carrie Booker and 42-year-old Christine Rollins. Narcotics detectives were waiting to arrest them.

Police say they found Lortab pills on one suspect and busted the second person for forging prescriptions. "I believe they were a little shocked by the whole situation and obviously weren't real happy, but sometimes we only catch the dumb ones," Wendelboth said.

If you're wondering about the third person who showed up at the drug buy point, she was released.
    Also, one of the suspects had a 2-year-old child with her -- the child is now in protective custody.
    .voteWin { font-size: 12px; position: absolute; z-index: 99; border-top: 1px solid #bbb; border-left: 1px solid #bbb; border-right: 1px solid #bbb; top: 17px; width: 117px; } .red { color: #000; display: block; background: url(/resources/comments/graphics/sel_n_off.gif); border-bottom: 1px solid #e1e1e1; padding-left: 25px; padding-top: 2px; width: 92px; height: 18px; } .red:hover { color: #fff; background: url(/resources/comments/graphics/sel_n_on.gif); } .green { color: #000; display: block; background: url(/resources/comments/graphics/sel_y_off.gif); border-bottom: 1px solid #e1e1e1; padding-left: 25px; padding-top: 2px; width: 92px; height: 18px; } .green:hover { color: #fff; background: url(/resources/comments/graphics/sel_y_on.gif); } .loginWin { font-size: 12px; position: absolute; z-index: 99; top: 17px; left: 0px; width: 119px; height: 53px; background: url(/resources/comments/graphics/loginBox_1.gif); } .loginWinb { font-size: 12px; position: absolute; z-index: 99; top: 17px; left: 0px; width: 119px; height: 53px; background: url(/resources/comments/graphics/loginBox_2.gif); } .loginWin a { display: block; width: 119px; height: 53px; } .loginWinb a { display: block; width: 119px; height: 53px; } .loginWin a:hover { } .loginWinb a:hover { } .firstcomment { color: #444; background: url(/resources/comments/firstComment.gif) no-repeat top left; padding-top: 40px; padding-left: 60px; } .adminmsg { border: 2px solid #369; background-color: #95C2EF; color: #369; padding: 2px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 12px; } .votehistory { border: 1px solid #e5e5c4; width: 100px; text-align: left; background-color: #ffe; top: 18px; left: -6px; z-index: 99; } .avatar { width: 30px; height: 30px; border: 1px solid #ddd; margin: 1px 6px 4px -2px; float: left; } .collapsespan { float: right; color: #900; font-size: 11px; margin-right: 10px; margin-top: 1px; } .reportab { float: right; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #bbb; margin: 1px 6px 0px 0px; font-family: tahoma; } .reportab a { color: #bbb; } .reportab a:hover { color: #911; text-decoration: underline; } .signature { margin-top: 5px; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; color: #999; }

2. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Good job, pigs...cleared the streets of another dangerous single mom. :rolleyes2: Hooray for the War on Drugs.

3. _avg_

Gold Member

Albums:
    My thoughts exactly.

4. camper joe

Gold Member

I wonder when it became sociality acceptable to sell drugs? :confused:

5. dong20

Gold Member

I suspect, and it's only a suspicion, that she didn't announce this when arranging the sale - which could have been to kids rather than cops. "Single mom, have drugs for sale, cheap".

Also, it occurs to me that taking your 2 year old toddler along on a drugs sale at night, in a car park doesn't appear to represent the epitome of responsible parenting.:rolleyes:

6. dreamer20

Gold Member

Shortly after they were invented.:tongue:

7. dong20

Gold Member

I'm not sure selling drugs is socially acceptable. Buying and using them on the other hand...:cool:

8. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

I guess this time it could truly be called, "roped a dope"

Draft saved Draft deleted