dostinex...the new sex drug?

That shit is scary. High incidence of heart edema? Is a possible carcinogen? This isn't good. Sounds like a crap drug to me.

power.pac

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
God! I hope not. Not sure where you guys have got that info from because I'm actually on prescription for Dostinex for a microprolactinoma tumour (technical term for a tumour on the base of your pituitary gland less than 10mm in size). The tumour increases production of the female hormone Prolactin which in turn has a detrimental affect on Testostorone production. Since taking the Dostinex, my Prolactin levels have reduced and my Testostorone levels are pumping again... Due for another MRI to check out what the tumour is doing in a few months... fingers crossed the Dostinex has reduced its size or totally cleared me of it.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
God! I hope not. Not sure where you guys have got that info from because I'm actually on prescription for Dostinex for a microprolactinoma tumour (technical term for a tumour on the base of your pituitary gland less than 10mm in size). The tumour increases production of the female hormone Prolactin which in turn has a detrimental affect on Testostorone production. Since taking the Dostinex, my Prolactin levels have reduced and my Testostorone levels are pumping again... Due for another MRI to check out what the tumour is doing in a few months... fingers crossed the Dostinex has reduced its size or totally cleared me of it.

Wow. You just described me, though I was on Dostinex to curve my resulting gynecomastia, rather than increase testosterone - same diagnosis. (They also told me that if the growth got bigger, it could hit my optical nerve and blind me by short-circuiting it. :eek:)

Prolactin is largely responsible for the male refractory period, so in theory reducing that should increase potential for multiple orgasms/ejaculations.
Since i have been sexually active I have had this this ability anyway, so whilst on Dostinex it didn't affect that in any great way. It was slightly easier to maintain an erection after ejaculating, but as this can be affected by diet and exercise etc., I won't state this for definite.

I wouldn't recommend taking it without it being prescribed.

power.pac

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I agree No Strings... I even said to my Endocronolgist that I'm not really happy taking increased dosages every visit I see him because not only of the cost, but the unknown long-term effects of taking the drug. He looked me in the eye and said 'I don't care what you think! You have a brain tumour and you need to treat it accordingly'. That shut me up! But yeah I agree, I think as far as websites promoting it as a new Sex Drug, they are just trying to cash in. It doesn't do anything out of the ordinary for ones libido!! Save your $80 or whatever these websites are chargin!

D_Alfredo Hites

Account Disabled
Media
well the negative heart effects are caused from higher doses than what one is supposed to take for the sexual benefits.

if you are taking a high dosage then you are at risk. however, if your dosage is low you should be okay.

google it.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
For sex the dosages I am hearing about is a total of 2 pills per week. Most are able to divide those two pills in half again reducing the dosage to about half. That is it. The drug is used for many things including parkinsons. To me the prohiitive thing is the cost. For those of you not familiar the generic is "cabergoline" and the brand name is dostinex. The cost of 30 pills of the brand name is $1,143.84 which comes out to $38.13 per pill. The cost of the generic is $819.88. That drops the per pill cost to $27.32. To me the question would be "does it work". Both my other half and I are under a great deal of stress right now and our love life has suffered a great deal because of this. A little more motivation might get two disinterested parties to be more interested at the same time. . . . :)

dinferno

Just Browsing
Media
I took Dostinex years ago because my prolactin was elevated (about 80....normal is around up to 12). It worked and after a year or so of taking it, my levels remained normal. Unfortunately, something is still screwed up as my Testosterone level is around 100 without Androgel or HCG shots.

I never noticed any side effects. Interestingly, however, even when my Testosterone level was at 100, I had no issues with sex, erections, etc.