Double standard snub

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Vladimir Jurkov, Mar 8, 2011.

1. D_Vladimir Jurkov

D_Vladimir Jurkov New Member

Albums:
    So I go out with a girl and when I drop her off, she says to text her when I get home to let her know I got home alright (she is about an hour away and was worried I'd get lost.) So I do, and mention how I had a good time and hope to meet again next week. She says yeah, that she will get back to me when she knows what she's doing. That was last weekend - not the weekend that just happened. Never heard from her. She snubbed me. I'm pretty mad, and I'm not even gonna bother saying anything to our mutual friends because I know people will just say that I can't expect it to work with everyone. But I can be damn sure that if it were me doing the snubbing, that her friends would be all pissed off at me for being mean.

So why do women get to snub guys and it's ok, but when a guy does it, he's either a player or some other such term??

2. choadliker

choadliker New Member

young guy,hang in there-its just the way it is.later in life,girls chase guys-just be u r self-never settle for less,than what you want.at 35 cock rules the game.boy you got one-enjoy the ride.

3. B_Bjen2848

B_Bjen2848 New Member

double standards are only acceptable if it is in favor of women .. like most double standards, yeah its not fair, its just the way it is and you have got to learn how to roll with the punches and keep it moving in life ... (yes i know i will most likely get flamed by about 8 or 9 people soon, but if the truth gets you flamed, then light me up haha)

4. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It's not ok when a woman does it. Maybe she has a good reason for not calling, but if she doesn't, then it was a chickenshit way of dealing with the situation. So take the high road, shrug her off and wait for a better person.

5. B_Bjen2848

B_Bjen2848 New Member

btw, she does not owe you a phone call or text, yeah it might be rude, but you should listen to lafemme and just take the high road

and another thing, im not agreeing that it is "ok" of course it isn't right, but in todays world, double standards are usually just ignored if it benefits women

6. MsThang

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
    Verified:
    Photo
    Really, you believe that?

7. D_Vladimir Jurkov

Albums:

I don't there is an excusable reason - she acted VERY interested during the meeting, and sent a full text message back. If it were a one sentence message, I woulda understood it right away. But she was incredibly misleading.

Thanks for the support, people. I was afraid I was gonna get called an idiot, like I should have still tried to contact her instead of waiting for her to get back even though she said she would.

8. MsThang

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
    Verified:
    Photo
    What do you mean by that she seemed interested? Was she flirting? Sometimes I am just being nice, having a normal conversation and guys think I am interested when I have no romantic intentions.

9. Satsfakshun

Satsfakshun Member

Do your circle of friends mix? Maybe she heard something she didn't like from some yacker.

That's one thing that might make have 2nd thoughts about getting together again.

10. D_Rosalind Mussell

D_Rosalind Mussell New Member

It's not right for anyone to do, regardless of gender. I don't see any reason not to drop you a line, unless she's experienced some horrific tragedy, which I doubt. You have mutual friends, surely someone would have said something by now if something bad happened. If she's sending you mixed signals already then you may not want to pursue her any further. You deserve someone that will return your calls and not play games.

11. Serial Kisser

Serial Kisser Well-Known Member

Um, it's not OK when either gender does it. I don't see a double standard here at all. I get snubbed all the time. It's a crappy part of life you just have to deal with.

12. FeroxFemina

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Bjen... I'm confused. First you seem to believe that women think it's ok to have a double standard if it's in our favour (I can't speak for woman kind but I certainly don't live that way) , and then you sound like a good guy with a good opinion (first part of second quote) and then you go back to your original incorrect statement.

Make up your mind.

13. travisblue

travisblue New Member

Women are the weaker sex. The fair sex. They can get away with that. You're a man. Be a man. Suck it up ya pussy. :nana:.

14. D_Vladimir Jurkov

Albums:

If she heard something and believed one side of a story without confronting me about it, than I have no respect and can't date her. And her friends are coworkers of MY friend. My friend isn't capable of talking that bad about someone, and I don't know the coworkers much. They don't even know a thing about me.

15. D_Vladimir Jurkov

Albums:
    I'm gonna let the women take care of you on this one.

16. DV8

DV8
    Gold Member

Albums:
    You're a sexist pig. Just because you have a perception in your own little world, doesn't make it true. Fact- most men have issues with women because they're too busy making assumptions and believing their version of the truth, instead of sitting down, shutting up, and taking in the situation. We don't know what the hell happened on that date- we're only hearing his side. Not calling him a liar, but she could have thought he was a total asshole and didn't have a great time. It would be his ASSUMPTION and IDEA OF TRUTH that she had a great time, and everything was perfect. But for all we know, she may have just wanted to get home without confrontation (To the poster- not saying that's the case.)

Agreed- it may be pretty shitty that she didn't call you or let you know what's up, but she's not obligated to do so. If it bothers you that much, take it up with her and find out what's up. If you don't, then the situation only bothered you enough to bitch about it in a thread.

And women aren't the only people who do this, men do it too. The only time it seems like the woman has the upper hand is when a man lacks GAME. Yeah, I said it. The reason why guys go crazy over women is because women put forth more effort in their appearance and what they have to offer. Lets be for real, women are selling a product, themselves- and they know how to market it. It sounds like some of you straight guys need to take it upon yourselves to do the same. Women have no problem chasing after a man- as long as he's worth chasing.

Just sayin'

17. FeroxFemina

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Go Dante! (Ferox does a little dance)

18. D_Rosalind Mussell

D_Rosalind Mussell New Member

I refuse to dignify such idiocy. Besides, it seems he already took care of himself. Comments like this kill any chances he might have had for a hook up.

19. travisblue

travisblue New Member

*GROAN* Stop doing that!

20. FeroxFemina

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    +1

Draft saved Draft deleted