Douchebags come out on top.

HungThickProf

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Think about the people you know. Some of them are great people and deserve all the happiness in the world. :) But have you ever noticed that most of the douchebags you know seem to prosper? They have the gorgeous wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend they cheat on with other men and women; a trophy you would always cherish. They do half-ass work, and yet get the promotions while you busted your ass. They lie and cheat their entire lives and get into your first choice of schools, while you get waitlisted.

Where's the karma, and is there a statute of limitations for its power?

Just venting. Any other input?

Kyro

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I hate to be cliche, but perhaps how they live their lives when you aren't around is what's making the difference. I know that I, myself, act very differently when i'm around strangers and even sometimes around friends than I normally would at home with family or just by myself.

Maybe they feel that it's necassary to put on such a hardened, "douche"-y front because they also see all the people around them acting like douches and just don't want to be targeted or they want to fit in.

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Think about the people you know. Some of them are great people and deserve all the happiness in the world. :) But have you ever noticed that most of the douchebags you know seem to prosper? They have the gorgeous wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend they cheat on with other men and women; a trophy you would always cherish. They do half-ass work, and yet get the promotions while you busted your ass. They lie and cheat their entire lives and get into your first choice of schools, while you get waitlisted.

Yeah I'd say you pretty much covered it.

Although I see mostly douchey guys have hot girlfriends, not really the other way around. :tongue:

I'm guessing that's cause they know they can "control" a guy like that - i.e. he will feel like he has to be on his p's and q's all the time because she can leave him at any second for a non-douchey guy and then he won't be able to get another girl as hot as her very easily.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I haven't noticed this. All the people I can think of who I think are really successful and who have married well, I think they're really great. Of course, I live the kind of life where I don't have to deal with a lot of "douchey" people because I don't want to. When someone is a "douche" to me, they usually aren't in my life for very long.

Professionally, everyone I know who is high up the food chain where they work are actually extremely polite and with very good manners and very friendly. I've noticed that the worse a person treats someone, the lower down the food chain they tend to be and the less they're paid. I can only think of one exception, a person with a bad temper, but he's always sweet as honey as soon as whatever problem has been fixed and generous and extremely loyal, so I think he may just have a personality disorder. He's been really instrumental to TheBoyfriend's career, so I think that makes him not a "douche" even though particular moments with him can be unpleasant, overall he's been a valuable friend.

People I grew up with whom I thought were "douchey" have all ended up really unsuccessful, because they've spent a lifetime burning bridges instead of building them. Maybe it's because you haven't seen the long term effects of that kind of behavior?

Last edited:

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I haven't noticed this. All the people I can think of who I think are really successful and who have married well, I think they're really great. Of course, I live the kind of life where I don't have to deal with a lot of "douchey" people because I don't want to. When someone is a "douche" to me, they usually aren't in my life for very long.

Professionally, everyone I know who is high up the food chain where they work are actually extremely polite and with very good manners and very friendly. I've noticed that the worse a person treats someone, the lower down the food chain they tend to be and the less they're paid. I can only think of one exception, a person with a bad temper, but he's always sweet as honey as soon as whatever problem has been fixed and generous and extremely loyal, so I think he may just have a personality disorder. He's been really instrumental to TheBoyfriend's career, so I think that makes him not a "douche" even though particular moments with him can be unpleasant, overall he's been a valuable friend.

People I grew up with whom I thought were "douchey" have all ended up really unsuccessful, because they've spent a lifetime burning bridges instead of building them. Maybe it's because you haven't seen the long term effects of that kind of behavior?

You're definitely right in what you're saying. I don't personally see too many 30+ yo douches that are very successful either.

I think Dante is alluding more to the high school / college age range of people... that's where it's spreading like a disease lol. :tongue:

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nope, douchebags get their just desserts.

Very few people are gonna put up with your* shit all the time. Granted, you might be quite popular within a large group of folks (everyone loves to laugh with the douchebag), but very rarely, are any of them genuine friends of yours.

When the few people that tolerate your shit decide they're fed up and tell you to where to put it, what're you left with? A bad attitude and nobody to talk to.

*Not you, or yours, specifically, Dante boo.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
I notice that overall this is accurate
shockingly so actually
however there is a pretty nice guy who has a totally great wife that I know, I'm kind of envious actually but he probubly does deserve her so *shrug*

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What are you all on? Is this a nice guy lovefest in here?

Why do they succeed? Well for starters, none of them sit around and expect "karma" to hand them the good things in life because they pass some litmus test for moral virtue.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What are you all on? Is this a nice guy lovefest in here?

Why do they succeed? Well for starters, none of them sit around and expect "karma" to hand them the good things in life because they pass some litmus test for moral virtue.

Why would you assume that nice guys can't be proactive if he's not a "douchebag"? The people I think of as incredibly successful studied hard and went to exceptionally good schools, they worked hard, and they made good connections with lots of other people because they weren't douchebags.

From what I've observed from my life, who one knows is vitally important to one's long term career success, and douchebags just aren't good at working that social network. The people I know who are extremely hard workers and who are friendly and outgoing, they're the ones whose social networks are huge and include lots of people that they've met over the past few decades who are glad to be acquaintanced with them, who become useful during one's career.

That's why douchebags don't end up being successful, IMO.

B_1youngboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
All the wrongs id done forbid me from doing certain things like love, trust etc .. I am young, but I haven't received my karma. I think once you're winner, and know how to win you will keep on winning.

HungThickProf

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
All the wrongs id done forbid me from doing certain things like love, trust etc .. I am young, but I haven't received my karma. I think once you're winner, and know how to win you will keep on winning.

This being a dick thing... is it something new you're trying out or is it set in stone?

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I dont typically look at what other people have or do UNLESS it affects ME directly. I am a pretty consistent person in my actions, and the way I live my life. I dont like change very much either. Alot of people dislike me and think I am a douche solely because I am outspoken and say things that usually strike a nerve. But for me , honesty is the best policy. I've had my up's in life, and I've certianly had my downs, but each expirience teaches me something, and I believe life is about growth and knowledge. Envy and jealousy is dangerous. i prefer not to have those. Do I wish my cock were bigger ? Of course. Do I wish I were muscular without having to work out and lusted after by hot, sexy guys ? SURE. But as I know those things arent realistic in the near future, I choose to move on and not even think about em... Live your life without regrets, and when you look back, you can honestly say you were truly happy !

Red8x6

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Douchebags claw their way to the top, then hire and promote other douchebags. Merryll Lynch pays its 30,000 employees well so that they join the team and f*ck the economy for the benefit of themselves and their investors. Pretty basic.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

Well I'm either a Douchebag or Karma is working, my life is fucking fantastic :tongue: