Douchebags. Not the hygiene item

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by bookersnooker, May 5, 2010.

1. bookersnooker

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    honestly why do girls like douchebags. why do they want the football-watching-terrible-facial-hair-having-spiked-up-gelled-up-hairdo having asshole that doesnt bother to call them back the next day or week or month?

sorry to be so emo and i'm sure that this has been discussed but my lazy search for the keywords 'douchbag' and 'guy' didnt yield any results

i honestly might jump infront of a bus tomorrow :|

2. Fleur

Gold Member

I don't...nope, doesn't do it for me.

3. Shagtastic

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm right there with you man, I don't know why a lot of girls like guys like that either.
    Over the years I thought of reasons why it might be. I've come up with 1) they can't see past the fake mask the guys put on, so the girls don't think they are douches 2) girls are blinded by "love" to see that they are douches or 3) the girl is an idiot and doesn't believe the guy is a douche no matter how many tells she may be told by someone else that he is....

There are those who are not tricked by douchebag guys, like Fleur, they are just few in number right now...but the number shall rise I think.

Keep faith, they all eventually learn and come running to find the nice guy.
    Stay strong my friend.

4. rivenoriven

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't understand it either. I get stuck seeing so many of them on my way to work every morning.

5. Fleur

Gold Member

I think that it's a lot that these guys are good liars. I have been fooled before, but only in my teens. And even then they never got anywhere with me. I have never been attracted to the cocky, jerky type and never will be. I don't see the turn on at all.

6. sbat

sbat New Member

Well, as one of those douchebags you're referring to, I'd say its because we tend to actually ask out girls we like, instead of, you know, pining for them.

You can talk and talk about how you're so much better for that girl you're in love with than someone like me - and you'd probably be right - but if you always let us make the first move, you'll always come in second place

7. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Because we have bigger dicks than yours...duh.

8. ScorpioSlut

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I actively avoid douchebags both in the realm of dating and in everyday life. They aren't worthy of me or my time so I'm not going to waste it. Then again I have very high standards for people I choose to share my life with and most of them don't revolve around looks.

9. dolfette

Gold Member

we're avoiding like the plague the whiners who want to jump in front of a bus when they're not getting any.

i'm sure plenty of people think you're a douche. being a douche is subjective for the most part.

10. D_Ollyvall Oilyclit

D_Ollyvall Oilyclit New Member

Why do YOU pine for girls who like "douchebags"? There are women out there who don't like "douchebags". Have you talked to them or are those women not good enough for you?

11. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    My high school sweetheart was a complete jackass to everyone but to me. All others have been extremely chivalrous and thoughtful. Sure, there are reasons I'm not with any of them, but they wee (and still are) very nice men. Okay, there was one other douche who cheated on me over and over again, but I had no idea or indication that he was doing that. So, he was a douche, but I wasn't attracted to his douchieness.

If there's a woman you want, go get her. It doesn't matter if she wants you back, because there's always another, just as good, and maybe better. Guys who are successful with women are so because they speak to a lot of women. We ladies say no a lot.

12. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Starts this off by saying I HATE football... but Hockey is another story.... some girls like sports so that could be the reason they are with the guy. I only like to watch them get faceplanted into the glass:rolleyes: so I like Hockey. Now back to the Douchebags... it does happen... that sometimes we are fooled by them this has happened to me. No matter how many people told me he was a jerk I wouldn't leave him. Sometimes we LIKE their scuffy faces and their mussed up hair. We need to fix them (I have several friends like this) or we could just think it's hot. As for the not calling back guys I've never encountered that. But I've got a girlfriend that goes through loser after loser and gets choked up over each one... I keep telling her their loser's let it G-O.... so some women are damaging to themselves and go for the repeat cycle. And I'm lost what the heck is emo? That must be a city word:rolleyes: Maybe... just maybe the girls that you are going for really aren't for you. Or then again are you even going for them? Personally the guy who's staring at me and approaches me gets my attention faster than the guy who doesn't make a move. Don't sit back and pine for the girl you want you have to approach her and if you put yourself into "guyfriend" mode she might never get past that. Now I'm going to look up emo... goodluck!

13. B_quietguy

B_quietguy New Member

Why would high quality men even want a woman who keeps dating assholes, douchebags, or jerks? A woman could date one or two when she's young but if she keeps doing it, then something is really wrong there.

14. sbat

sbat New Member

I'll take the opposite track here.

The most eligible men in human history could almost all to a T be considered douchebags. I think that's just part of the package when someone oozes charisma, charm, and supreme self-confidence. They're just not going to give a shit about displeasing people. And that's the attraction - that's what seperates the alpha-male from the beta-male.

The beta male cries about not getting girls. He cries about how douchebags are taking what's his. He cries about girls not giving him a second glance as he walks by. You get it? He just cries.

I've been called an asshole, douchebag, narcissist, jerk, etc etc etc. I think that the people that throw around those kinds of terms are simply rationalizing their own lack of balls through moral superiority -> "at least people LIKE me MORE, at least I get along with people better" blah blah blah, when really they're just afraid of rejection, confrontation, and pain - all things that so called douchebags can face without flinching.

15. Attila the Hung

Attila the Hung Active Member

Albums:
    Your answer is in your question in the part I highlighted.... your dealing with girls, not women, therefore they aren`t as mature and experienced yet to know better than to want those types until they get their hearts broken a few times by them and learn from those experiences, if ever that is as some never do. Maybe you ought to reconsider trying to get with one of those "girls" and find yourself a "woman" instead, you will probably have better luck I reckon, good luck!

16. B_BoysAreToys

B_BoysAreToys New Member

I was thinking the EXACT same thing! Confidence is sexy and that one guy was right...it's usually because they're the ones that make a move.

I believe in gender roles and so I am not going to chase the guy.

17. D_Petherick_Poundlouder

Don't pay mind to douches, or whatever. If you like a girl, approach her. And thats all that matters. If they go for the other guy, he won that one. Keep it moving.

18. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Ajoi is right. Dating is just a numbers game. Ask enough women out on dates and eventually you'll find a keeper.

19. dolfette

Gold Member

that's so clever...sounds like something i'd say!

Draft saved Draft deleted