Dow at Obama office....

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
so what are we going with... (given how the dumbass's think the market is really driven by the executive office)...

Dow on 1.19 at 8,200 or
Dow on 1.20 at 7,949...

Let me know which benchmark suits correctly. Day before, day of, or day after....

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd say normal market fluctuations. A coworker who doesn't like Obama was all pumped up in telling me the market went down today... :rolleyes:

Eh... a 6% move in the Nasdaq.... just curious.. because.. any movement thereoft can be misconstrued (good or bad)/ (against/for) Obama....

Just want to see who is dumb enough to pin the stock market to presidential wherewithall.

Smart folk: nothing to see here, carry on

Dumb asses: please opine.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Another day another Obama bashing thread by FaceQ. ***YAWN***

Not bashing pretty boy (and you can quote me in your hourly self-effacing blog).... just benchmarking... perhaps I'll be here a year or 4 years from now.

Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online ... and look up benchmark.

Just letting your team (it's a sports analogy... stay with me... assuming you will) set the proverbial goalposts.

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Not bashing pretty boy (and you can quote me in your hourly self-effacing blog).... just benchmarking... perhaps I'll be here a year or 4 years from now.

Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online ... and look up benchmark.

Just letting your team (it's a sports analogy... stay with me... assuming you will) set the proverbial goalposts.

You do NOTHING but troll the boards here with your anti Democrat threads and postings. Its nothing but a HUGE bore.

I wonder what your party would think of your sloppy spluge videos. Why not send one off to zippy bush and wait by your mailbox for a reply, Mkay?

Now I must go update my blog. Ciao Jason.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
HazelDipShit unzips economics zipper and drops credentials on the table..... or tucks and cowers.

Oooh, yay! Yet another false dichotomy that I get to ignore! I'll take Option C and continue chuckling at the silliness of others who might buy into such nonsense.

The real beauty of independent thinking lies in not having to observe arbitrary boundary conditions that others constrain themselves with.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
The investor class (i.e. Wall Street whores) have shown their unbridled greed and complete lack of understanding of what backs the value of a dollar.

All their jobs can be computerized and should be. With the internet large cooperative banks can be created online and so we can let the 'too big to fail' actually fail.

Imagine a 'small business' bank in which deposits from small businesses are loaned out to other small businesses. Supply an FEIN number, automate a credit check, and let straightforward algorithms determine loan amount, rate and period.

Time to get rid of the money leeches who have been paid to mismanage investments. They belong in prison. I mean come on how do billions of dollars poof out of existence without some kind of criminal fraud happening. Nothing will foster Wall Street honesty and confidence in the system like jail time. Maddof under a 7 million $ crib-arrest? WTF!!!?

And get some of those N.I.N.J.A. (no income, no job, no asset) mortgage brokers and toss them in JAIL!!!

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The investor class (i.e. Wall Street whores) have shown their unbridled greed and complete lack of understanding of what backs the value of a dollar.

Howsabout you tell us what backs the dollar? My guess is you don't have the first damn clue.

All their jobs can be computerized and should be. With the internet large cooperative banks can be created online and so we can let the 'too big to fail' actually fail.
The system you propose has been attempted and with mixed results; but mostly FAIL. Folks want to be able to 'put their finger on someone.' and not an 800#.

Imagine a 'small business' bank in which deposits from small businesses are loaned out to other small businesses. Supply an FEIN number, automate a credit check, and let straightforward algorithms determine loan amount, rate and period.

Funny, that's EXACTLY how the lending system was set up before the government came in and forced banks to loan to low-income...and the snowball grew from there to NINA, stated income/asset, etc.

Time to get rid of the money leeches who have been paid to mismanage investments. They belong in prison. I mean come on how do billions of dollars poof out of existence without some kind of criminal fraud happening. Nothing will foster Wall Street honesty and confidence in the system like jail time. Maddof under a 7 million $ crib-arrest? WTF!!!?

Are you talking about Madoff, or the tens of thousands of other advisors out there that have done nothing wrong?

And get some of those N.I.N.J.A. (no income, no job, no asset) mortgage brokers and toss them in JAIL!!!

Good idea! While you're at it, get the borrowers that took NINJA mortgages and toss them in jail right behind them!

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
so what are we going with... Let me know which benchmark suits correctly. Day before, day of, or day after....

The real thing to watch is when the market quits being so volatile. That volatility is what scares the crap out of investors all over the world, and makes them look for alternatives. (Not risk ... risk is OK ... volatility is a wealth killer)

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
so what are we going with... (given how the dumbass's think the market is really driven by the executive office)...

Dow on 1.19 at 8,200 or
Dow on 1.20 at 7,949...

Let me know which benchmark suits correctly. Day before, day of, or day after....

As we all know, if the market performs well it is due to Obama. If it performs poorly, it is traced back to W.

Interestingly,

I wonder why the libs don't put their money where their mouths are???:rolleyes:

Being that the market is forward-looking...and we have the smartest, greatest, all-things-to-all-people genius chosen one now in office...with all the answers to all of our problems......

Why isn't anyone buying stocks?? Libs??? Anyone?? Bueller??

If your future is so bright...why is the machine that assesses our economic future not suggesting same????

We've known this superhero was going to be our next president since November 4th....yet the libs still won't invest in the future that they so vehemently assure us will be fantastic. [perplexed]

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't see the market as a partisan vehicle, thats pretty silly.

I was hoping for an Obama rally and it didn't happen- the bank failures worldwide are certainly a downer (RBS, etc) enough to keep people out. With the financial indexes so shitty, no wonder.

SKF, or other you-have-to-be-insane-to-play-leveraged inverses, until things improve visibly or until people have a little faith again.

I'm wondering if the next bailout will inspire enough confidence. As for any long term Obama-esque plays, we're not there yet.

And no, I'm not an investor or trader, just trying to rescue an IRA I should have yanked out of the market in September. With "experts" talking about a jump to 10k and drops to 4k, god only knows where we will end up a month from now.

pym

Just Browsing
Media
As we all know, if the market performs well it is due to Obama. If it performs poorly, it is traced back to W.

Interestingly,

I wonder why the libs don't put their money where their mouths are???:rolleyes:

Being that the market is forward-looking...and we have the smartest, greatest, all-things-to-all-people genius chosen one now in office...with all the answers to all of our problems......

Why isn't anyone buying stocks?? Libs??? Anyone?? Bueller??

If your future is so bright...why is the machine that assesses our economic future not suggesting same????

We've known this superhero was going to be our next president since November 4th....yet the libs still won't invest in the future that they so vehemently assure us will be fantastic. [perplexed]

Silly spastic colon economic advisor wannabe.......
LIB HERE.......Never bought a STOCK in my life, and NEVER WILL.
That is Investments for suckers 101, a class i never bothered to take.
Did'nt need to. Always needed something in return for my $ that i could hold.{Jew in me}
Lets see how this figures in your economic plan vs. mine
I have been working 29 years now full-time.
Have bought {2} 100 dollar savings bonds per month.....for 29 years now. All of those bonds safely maturing all these years...and.....in my safety deposit box at the bank. I can get em' any time i want.
For 20 years know i have also wisely invested in a 2000 dollar IRA. all of which are still mine and solvent.
Not being a total dousche, and needing every single cultural status symbol that come's down the pike i have also managed to personally save "IN MY SAVINGS ACCOUNT" {in the BANK OF AMERICA} thus far just over 200K. I have 3 years left on my modest home mortgage. Approximate market value adjusted for these times? maybe 200-250 K-ish......
I have perfect credit due to responsible purchasing,crediting,stable employment history. AND a skilled trade that pays well. The NAVY paid my tuition. I served 4 years in kind. Was able to ROLL-OVER my navy schools and other classes into a Masters Degree.
So lets see what we have here, despite never having bought a SINGLE stock in my life. I make out a net worth at 47 years old, with a good 20 years left in me to go {working} : At a minimum 500,000 dollars. And i also wisely invested in gold @ 270 dollars an ounce during the late 90's. 12 ozs.
Have been debating cashing those KRUGERS and Maple leafs in for a roll-over investment......not sure how high gold is gonna go. Currently @ about 850 dollars an oz.
And so.....i feel that i am on track despite your idiotic STARINVESTOR advice. Almost anyone who has led a responsible life can be at least as solvent as me. AND.....quite a bit of service to country as well as actually investing in it.
Why would anyone want financial advice from a guy who lives in his mom's basement?
BLOWHARD.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Did'nt need to. Always needed something in return for my $ that i could hold.{Jew in me}
Have bought {2} 100 dollar savings bonds per month.....for 29 years now. All of those bonds safely maturing all these years...and.....in my safety deposit box at the bank. I can get em' any time i want.
For 20 years know i have also wisely invested in a 2000 dollar IRA. all of which are still mine and solvent.
Not being a total dousche, and needing every single cultural status symbol that come's down the pike i have also managed to personally save "IN MY SAVINGS ACCOUNT" {in the BANK OF AMERICA} thus far just over 200K. I have 3 years left on my modest home mortgage. Approximate market value adjusted for these times? maybe 200-250 K-ish......
I have perfect credit due to responsible purchasing,crediting,stable employment history. AND a skilled trade that pays well. The NAVY paid my tuition. I served 4 years in kind. Was able to ROLL-OVER my navy schools and other classes into a Masters Degree.
So lets see what we have here, despite never having bought a SINGLE stock in my life. I make out a net worth at 47 years old, with a good 20 years left in me to go {working} : At a minimum 500,000 dollars. And i also wisely invested in gold @ 270 dollars an ounce during the late 90's. 12 ozs.
Have been debating cashing those KRUGERS and Maple leafs in for a roll-over investment......not sure how high gold is gonna go. Currently @ about 850 dollars an oz.
And so.....i feel that i am on track despite your idiotic STARINVESTOR advice. Almost anyone who has led a responsible life can be at least as solvent as me. AND.....quite a bit of service to country as well as actually investing in it.
Why would anyone want financial advice from a guy who lives in his mom's basement?
BLOWHARD.

Well done. Seriously.

Just keep in mind, had you invested that $4400 per year (your savings bonds plus IRA deposits) into the S&P 500 over that period you would have 3 - 4 times the net worth; even after this most recent selloff.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BLOWHARD.
I am impressed. You win at life.