Down & Out in Los Angeles

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I lived in LA for 5 years in the late '70's. Some of my favorite places were:

Pinks - for the best chili dogs in town
Tommys - the best chili cheeseburgers (on Beverly & Rampart, north of downtown)
Cassels - great grilled burgers, made fresh'n fast while you wait (get 'em medium rare)
Pantry - amazing breakfasts and sourdough toast, downtown (especially at 3:00AM)
Langer's - great kosher-style sandwiches, NY Style (near McArthur Park)
Bergins - oldest Irish bar in LA (look for my name on a shamrock on the ceiling)

Of course, that was while I was a student on a budget, but for cheap, good food or drink, those places were great! And they are still there!

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media

Although I've always said you could move mountains.

In this case, she blew up mountains...

The Angelino is a nice chicish place to stay on the West off the 405. Great ocean views from the restaurant up on the15th flr: the Pacific and the Getty.

There are also some awesome fish tacos to be had at the Farmer's Market near downtown. It's generally a nice vibe there, and walkable.

BTW TC, I do like SD, esp. the Hotel Del, but your traffic is the worst in the entire state, which definitely detracts from the otherwise fine area.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Leave it to you to arrange to have a volcano extend your vacation for you.

Although I've always said you could move mountains.

Pretty handy heh?!?!
I had been saying that the only thing wrong with this trip was it was too short! :rolleyes:

Fly to NY instead!!!!

I'd already thought of that! If I hadn't flown out on Thursday I was going to come gatecrash Nick8 and cadge dinner off you! :tongue:

And hopefully after a week or two in NY then been 'rescued' by the Royal Navy for a few weeks at sea... but that didn't happen! :cool:

In this case, she blew up mountains...
That'd be a cool trick! :redface:

I'm home now. :cool: My extra holiday is all over but I'm still pretty appreciative of it! :biggrin1: