Downloading from Xtube?

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Does anyone kow of a good, sure-fire way to download videos from Xtube? It seems that no matter how I try, saving a video is hit and miss. sometimes I get the video, other times I seem to get a video which is linked to the page. I've used the Firefox DownloadHelper add-on as well as Neoretix' TubeHunter and have had the same results with both.

bigguy11211

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think you'll need RealPlayer to view, but it is free to download. If you want to watch on something else, you'll have to be a techie whizz or buy a converter to change the format.

TheWB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
realplayer downloader never works on xtube for me. works great with other sites though.

xtube blocks those kind of downloads.

bigguy11211

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have no problems with RP downloader on XTube I have to admit.

Re:converters, I purchased an Isky video converter and that works fine for me.

bigguy11211

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If I knew of any free ones do you think I'd have forked out for one? :wink:

It doesn't cost that much, depends on how much money you have lying about/how much you want it. Don't think you'll find one free realistically.

readytocum

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Don't know nothing about downloading video on any sites, but on xtube, if you get an id(free to register), you can add video to your favorites, and play them when ever you feel to look at them...just another solution.

Ahoyhoy

1st Like
Media
Are XTube videos coming up as grey squares for anyone else?

Also, UnPlug for firefox works pretty well. Unfortunately not with FF 3.5 though.

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Just to clarify a little, sometimes when I used DownloadHelper, I get a video which is NOT the main video on the page; it seems to be linking to another video which may have a link on the page. Also, sometimes if I click on the downloadable media drop-down, it gives me a large list of what appears to be thumbnails and such but no video. DH works for other video sites, but seems to work erratically on Xtube. Getting the right video is largely trial and error.