Downloading off monstercocktube

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I use the download helper plug-in from Mozilla and then use the program SUPER to re-encode the video so I can throw it in my video editor if it needs tweaking.

lifterbill

Cherished Member
Media
Since the Monstercocktube website changed format, I have been unable to get the audio portion of the video. I have the latest free Flash download and still get no audio. I did not have the problem before the website changed formats. Help please.

StaffnRod

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I use download helper in Firefox and then Realplayer, I'm only recently using this version and I find it really good
Ok.. from what I'm seeing here and other similar threads-
Download of embedded Flash (.flv) files succeeds with:
Those on FireFox browser- DL Helper w/FlashGot underlying
Those with Win. Inet Explorer - RealPlayer seems best
I have the latter- now running clean non-flaky vers. of IE 7

My question is: can I use RealPlayer for the Dload function only, configured not to take over as default video player, as I want to stay with my current never-fail VLC media player ?
There could also be a codec conflict- RealPlayer vs. VLC's
Hoping one hardy soul who has faced similar situation, may enlighten me with a reply.
Many THX, as mutual input here spreads info & gives positive results to share with All !

Last edited:

StaffnRod

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bump - No one with this situation or comment to ?
My question is: can I use RealPlayer for the Dload function only & configure it not to take over as default video player, as I want to stay with my current never-fail VLC media player ? ......................