downloading probs

Discussion in 'Straight Adult Websites' started by chev5700, Jun 2, 2009.

1. chev5700

chev5700 New Member

hiya all
    ive been trying to download come xxx vids from torrents sites and when i click download the download box comes up,says it is downloading and it says its finished in about 10 secs but it has not downloaded anything.
    what am i doing wrong?
    any help appreciated
    chevy

2. classyron

Gold Member

Albums:
    Need more info.

Do you have a torrent handling program, like Flashget, Bitcomet, uTorrent, etc?

If yes:

Are you choosing to "save" the torrent, or are you choosing "open"? If you choose "save" then it will save a torrent file on your PC and only take a couple of seconds to do it.

If you want the file to download you have to use a handling program and select "open" when prompted. I used BitComet for years without much issue, but have switched to Flashget recently.

3. chev5700

chev5700 New Member

hi classy
    thanks for your swift reply.
    no dont have any of those..didnt know i needed them.
    i have real player which is fine for downloading from xtube etc and i thought that would do....obv not...drongo me!
    so ill download flashgot on ur rec and go get a few movies..
    while ive got u there.///can i download direct onto my seperate hdd or do i have to put it on to my computer then transfer it to the shdd?
    thanks again for your interest

chevy in oz

4. classyron

Gold Member

Albums:
    You should be able to tell it where you want it to go, and as long as the external HDD is connected and running it should work. I would recommend checking Flashget's help files to make sure that you are doing everything correctly. Once the files have completed, verify that they work, and then delete them in the Flashget window. Unless you plan to seed them for others to download. Seeing as you are new to torrents, I would not recommend seeding them as it slows down your downloads, regardless of what your ISP may tell you.

If you have any issues you can PM me. I will try to walk you through it as it is not necessarily point and click.

Draft saved Draft deleted