Downloading videos vs HJSPLIT

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by readytocum, Feb 17, 2010.

1. readytocum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hi,

In the hot thread of Al121, of Corbin Fisher's videos, I did download a lot of it:biggrin1::biggrin1:...my question is why sometimes the HJSPLIT, doesn,t work in joining files, I got to keep the, 2, 3, or whatever parts, in order to watch the video????:confused::confused:.

Anyone can help?

Thanks to Al121 again

2. JF

JF
    Gold Member

HJSplit cuts a file (in this case, a video) into a number of smaller parts. This is usually done to allow the file to be uploaded to a site with a file size restriction, or send via e-mail in several messages to avoid a problem with large files.

Each of the split files are numbered .001, .002, .003 etc. All of these files are required to be downloaded before the HJSplit program can re-join them together to make the original file. If one or more of these split files is missing or damaged, the result will be a corrupt file - in the case of a video, this may make the whole thing unplayble or it may just produce a few corrupt frames if it does playback at all.

If HJSplit reports an error with a particular split file, try re-downloading it in case it became corrupt when you first downloaded it. Alternatively, if you have a problem with a particular split file or entire series of split files, post on the original thread asking if others have a similar problem.

Hope this helps.

Draft saved Draft deleted