Downloading videos vs HJSPLIT

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by readytocum, Feb 17, 2010.

1. readytocum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hi,

In the hot thread of Al121, of Corbin Fisher's videos, I did download a lot of it:biggrin1::biggrin1:...my question is why sometimes the HJSPLIT, doesn,t work in joining files, I got to keep the, 2, 3, or whatever parts, in order to watch the video????:confused::confused:.

Anyone can help?

Thanks to Al121 again

2. JF

JF
    Gold Member

HJSplit cuts a file (in this case, a video) into a number of smaller parts. This is usually done to allow the file to be uploaded to a site with a file size restriction, or send via e-mail in several messages to avoid a problem with large files.

Each of the split files are numbered .001, .002, .003 etc. All of these files are required to be downloaded before the HJSplit program can re-join them together to make the original file. If one or more of these split files is missing or damaged, the result will be a corrupt file - in the case of a video, this may make the whole thing unplayble or it may just produce a few corrupt frames if it does playback at all.

If HJSplit reports an error with a particular split file, try re-downloading it in case it became corrupt when you first downloaded it. Alternatively, if you have a problem with a particular split file or entire series of split files, post on the original thread asking if others have a similar problem.

Hope this helps.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice