Downplaying your size

skwirl

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Would you ever think of a situation of not wanting to hint or state having a large penis before becoming sexually involved with someone? Would you rather have your partner pleasantly surprised for the big reveal? Or perhaps another reason is not to mention your size during courting to know that it's you as a person and not the penis you have that a potential partner is interested (...if that kind of relationship is important to you)?

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i think about it, yeah. because their foreknowledge (whether through my mentioning it, them talking to friends of mine, whatever the case may be) hasn't really helped me much in the dating department. it's like they find out, make some flirty comments, joke about it when the subject comes up, but very few have ever actually wanted to date or hook up with me because of it (and those that have are usually one night hook ups that i've regretted). so it would probably be better to just try and keep the whole thing under wraps and let them be surprised if it gets that far. trouble is, i suppose, i can control myself from making comments, but how do i tell my friends "hey, don't mention my cock size around this girl, just in case you were planning on it"? lol!

skwirl

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
it's like they find out, make some flirty comments, joke about it when the subject comes up, but very few have ever actually wanted to date or hook up with me because of it (and those that have are usually one night hook ups that i've regretted).

Is this true for many hung guys? That their endowment is more of a curiosity to whisper about than the primary motivator to have sex with.

I'm a gay guy of slightly above average size and if a guy were to boast to me up front that he was hung like a horse I would think "That's great, but what else you've got?". Meaning that I'd need more like good looks, a great personality, etc. (I'm a more relationship oriented person)

but how do i tell my friends "hey, don't mention my cock size around this girl, just in case you were planning on it"? lol!

I suppose that's when your reputation proceeds you. Those women who hear about that physical attribute and is something important to them are going be fast friends I'm sure.

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media
great question! i've done this alot with women i've been in commited relationships with. i've made the mistake of telling my true size to my first girlfriend and she freaked out after comparing my dick to other objects.
i mostly did this because i was nervous that the next woman i was with would act the same way.but as a i got older i grew out of it and stopped.
now i tell the truth,and i'm very proud of my penis.(lol)

pouchsucker

Just Browsing
Media
It seems to me that other people's obsession with a guy's big dick are just a reflection of his own obsession. If a guy is obsessed with it, others will be as well. If it's just another thing about him, other people (who know about it) will consider it just another thing about him. Big ones are great, especially when they are attached to great guys. If a guy is a jackass, I don't care how big his dick is.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I never really talk about it. I figure if she likes it, she'll be pleasantly surprised, if she doesn't like it, no point in scaring her off. And I wouldn't want to hint anything about my size and then find she is some extreme size queen who is expecting 10" or something.

End result is that I don't talk about it.

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yeah, i've tried not to make a big deal out of it (i may have been a bit more boastful when i first started college, some kind of primal instinct to establish a level of dominance or some such). far more often it tends to just be mentioning it as a fact about myself if it happens to come up, like "i'm fond of true crime books" or "i'm quite good at darts, really." girls seem intrigued when they hear about it from others, a little flirty and fun if i mention it, but there's still reluctance to DO anything...in my brighter moods, that just says "the women you're interested in tend to be more interested in the whole package, not just the PACKAGE, so they want to get to know the rest of you before they decide" (which of course inevitably leads to us becoming friends and them therefore making the decision to never, ever sleep with me at all. lol!). in my darker moods, though, i think "how overwhelmingly unattractive must every other facet of my being be to repel them from wanting to sleep with me when they know i have a big cock." which is rubbish, of course, but that's what darker moods are for. lol!