Dr Appointment - physical next week

lovin_california

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anyone have a physical recently? I switched to a new primary care physician and it requires a physical / checkup. I haven't gone since high school for something like this. What should I expect? And, just for fun, what kind of underwear should I wear? I'm sure I'll need to be "checked" down there...

dwtrlp

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have an annual checkup. My doctor has checked me once "down there". I think he's a little homophobic and doesn't like to do that. But every year I think just maybe he'll want to check me out all over. It's different every year. Maybe he just has certain things he does at certain ages. Who knows.

Omegaman

Sexy Member
Media
Wear a clean underwear like what you mother always tell you. Easy to access to package, and expect cold hands on your nuts. Should be over by the time you realize what just happen. Mister you are fine and I wouldnot worry about that. See you in six months. (LOL) Remember to get your Bill and make another appointment.:biggrin1:

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, it all depends on your age.

I can tell you what to expect 35-40ish. The doc will most likely order someone to take some blood to measure your cholesterol, triglycerides, liver enzymes, etc. He'll test your reflexes. Most likely he'll test your testicles for bumps, etc. He might give you the jelly finger to check your prostate for the first time. He'll weigh you. They'll take your temperature and blood pressure. He'll look down your throat and at your tongue. He'll feel for your lymphnodes. He'll look at your eyes. He'll look in your ears. He'll listen to your chest. He'll palpate your abdomen. He'll ask about diet and exercise. He'll ask you about your alcohol/drug use and whether or not you use tobacco. He'll do a vision test. He might do a hearing test. You might have to provide a urine sample. He'll ask about your medical history and any medications you've taken or are taking.

There should be a time for you to ask all of your questions. Oh yeah, don't forget to write down any questions or concerns before you go into the doctor so that you don't forget to ask for anything you want checked or answered. There should be a time for him to give you preliminary findings.

Oh, and go early. He'll want you to fill out scads of forms to start your chart, privacy statements, medical history, releases of medical information from previous doctors, etc. And he'll want you to bring your insurance card and your copay, or he'll want you to provide proof of ability to pay for services.

After you will most likely have to go somewhere else to get your blood drawn and it will take a week or so for the results to get back to your doctor. You'll most likely have to call the doctor to find out the results because usually they'll be normal so they won't call you to tell you. Usually they only call you if it's bad news.

Most likely he'll be very thorough because you haven't been to see anyone for so long. Then every check-up, if you do them regularly (yearly usually), they'll take less time.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Try to look butch(boxers maybe) but squeal like a little girl when he checks your prostate! Make beleive it hurts and don't steal his rolex!You could make orgasmic sounds! That would be hilarious!I go to a Gay doc so it's differnt.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Do not worry. Doctors have been checking out people for a long time, unless you are visiting a new (young) Doctor.

You can even freeball, that way there is nothing to drop, except your jeans.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
He'll be too busy looking into orifices and generally checking for abnormalities for you to worry about anything. The most common comment I've received during a physical was "Turn your head and cough."

B_Swimming Lad

Experimental Member
Media
I've never really had a physical. I only go to the doctors if i'm sick. At the moment I'm going into hospitaln quite frequently for my dodgy knee. They think I have snapped a ligament but I'm having an MRI to make sure.

If it is they'll have to open it up and staple it together which doesn't sound so hot really. But hey. Shit happens :frown1:

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Anyone have a physical recently? I switched to a new primary care physician and it requires a physical / checkup. I haven't gone since high school for something like this. What should I expect? And, just for fun, what kind of underwear should I wear? I'm sure I'll need to be "checked" down there...

Between all the blood work and the form filling out, and the actual exam, it'll take about an hour.

I just had mine (Picture of health, thank you very much! 90/65, cholesterol 115, PSA 1.8 ng/mL) last week. The last few times I've gone, I've stripped to my underwear for most of the exam. This time around, for some reason, the nurse handed me a "gown" to put on, no doubt to protect my modesty, of which I have very little. I said if it was ok with her, I'd just wait for the doctor in my boxers.

Sometimes I wear boxers or Midways, sometimes briefs. The doctor doesn't care so long as they (and you!) are clean. I usually drop 'em to my ankles so he can examine my penis/testicles and do the digital prostate exam. One time I had a woman MD as a substitute, and she wanted to be the one to lower my shorts. That was a nice fantasy. She was very nice-looking!

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You will get the complete work over so be sure that you have washed your penis and balls and anus. Make sure you have brushed your teeth. These should be clean and smell clean. The rest of the physical is typical stuff. When it is over you will say that was no big deal.

joejack

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Stick a shelled hard boiled egg up your ass for the prostate exam. That ought to confuse the hell out of the good doctor. :eek:

lovin_california

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just an update - the visit to the doctor wasn't really a big deal. However, it was funny. When he went to check my testicles, he couldn't find one of them right away. He asked "do you only have one?" I said, "No, he's there somewhere" and the doctor replied with "it is cold in the room"

He found it eventually and I coughed and left a few minutes later. Thanks for all of your feedback.

alex8.5

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Doctors are proffesionals, these men and women see nude bodies several times a day. I really don't think they care that much when they see another naked body, they are just doing their job, if they spent more time on something while you are nude, it's because they are concerned about something not because they are checking you out.

Simcha pretty well said it all. if you usually don't wear underpants, then don't wear any, if you wear some then wear some, you're going for a physical, not to put on a fashion show.

I have had the same Doctor for over twenty years, I was one of his first patients, and he also one of my best friends. I feel totally at easy with him, dressed or naked.