Draft Dodgers

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Drifterwood, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Drifterwood

Gold Member

I imagine that this is still a very sensitive subject.

I was sent a clip recently of Ted Nugent (a guitar player) extoling the virtues of everyone's right to shoot people they thought were threatening them. Yet this man admitted to soiling his pants to avoid the draft to "defend" his country in Vietnam.

2. B_Mister Buildington

Link us to the video, please. I love the Nuge.

I understand why people would try to dodge the draft. It probably isn't honorable, but I don't think I'd like to just leave my life and loved ones behind to go overseas, live in stressful and uncomfortable conditions, and be forced to kill while risking my own life.

At the same time, I'd feel justified in shooting a man who was going to harm me or my family. As long as I was within my legal rights.

#2 B_Mister Buildington, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  3. midlifebear

Gold Member

Well, that's Ted for ya. He lives in the dream world of Texas these days and thinks if your last name ain't Bush you have no right to be pres'dunt.

i served in VISTA during the Viet Nam "conflict." They wouldn't take me when I had my draft induction physical because I had asthma. Never had to say, "Oh, and by the way . . . do you want a blow job? I'm real good at pitching as well as catching." But 2+ years in VISTA would eliminate the problem of being drafted, because as a Volunteer in Service to America you were charged with "helping to eliminate poverty on 'Mericuhn soil" as well as help poor communities with development plans. I was assigned to the Bureau of Indian Affairs, still one of the most corrupt US government agencies still ripping off the native tribes of the USA.

As for Draft Dodgers during the 60's, I helped many friends get to Alberta and British Columbia where most of them assimilated into Canadian culture and society rather well, becoming educators. No. Anyone who was able to avoid the military draft during the 60's and 70's has my respect. It wasn't that hard to be disqualified from military service.

The Viet Nam war (oops) "conflict" was a stupid and outright dumb exercise in the USA's ability to be . . . well, stupid and outright dumb.

Now, all you pseudo patriots who think it was a noble war go ahead and yell at me.

4. D_Ari_Olla

D_Ari_Olla Account Disabled

The draft violates basic constitutional rights of life and liberty. No one complains when the act of "revolt" is saying things to uphold the Freedom of Speech or Religion, going to jail for such a thing is considered highly patriotic. So why do people automatically trash draft dodgers who simply felt the government was overstepping their bounds in an effort to do anything in their power to save face in the Vietnam War (sorry, "Conflict").

My father fought in Vietnam, was covered in Agent Orange, and now suffers various health issues because of it. He's took a beating for nigh on 30 years now for a quick 2 tours of duty. But to ask him about draft dodgers, he will calmly tell you that he fought, and many good men died over the years for those people's right to NOT have to fight in the first place. Being pressed into service is something best left to the 18th century British Navy as well as pirates.

#4 D_Ari_Olla, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  5. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    Forced military service is a remnant of feudalism.

It violates the constitutional amendment against involuntary servitude.

I turned 18 in '74, close to when it was discontinued, I did not register.

These days, if you don't register, you are not eligible for student loans.

6. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
  7. D_Mansworthy Meatwrench III

It's alright, gentlemen.

The weak exist solely to bitch about the strong, who WILL fight.
    As I pointed out in another thread, no one considers you a "threat" nor "important".
    After all, you ain't got the balls nor backbone to do what is hard, only what is easy.

I figure what the fuck? When China invades, I will send them to your doorstep.
    It's not like YOU would fight them. Of course not, that is what you hire MEN like me for.

Like I said on women.
    Too bad so many of them want to be men.
    Too fucking bad so many of you want to be women.

Dodge all you want, but don't whine when people who WILL and DID fight cave your soft, tree-hugging heads in when they find out.

Pussies come in two sizes:
    Hers, and YOURS.

8. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    This negates whether the war in question is legal or not.

Most, even us wanna be women, soft, tree hugging, pussy gay guys... not offensive in the slightest by the way, would stand and fight, especially if some monster is at your front door having just gutted your neighbours.

As for wars half a world away with obvious and poorly hidden political motives... fuck no, that's what profession soldiers are for, it's what they chose to do, it's what they are paid to do!

My point is, all will fight to defend and protect they homes and loved ones... most won't for oil or to halt the spread of communism.

9. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    :rolleyes:

I think this guy is pulling a BigDuder on us. There's just no way someone could be this much of an unevolved troglodyte and still understand how to work a keyboard.

10. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Wow - you are so powerful.

Draft saved Draft deleted