Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
i am a grumpled by the banning... i am impressed *if no puzzled* by the general disruption ban, just cuz it's never happened before.

cheers to innovation!!

for true.. is Ms. Dragon, she'd want us to flood this thread with silliness, flirting, jello 'rasslin and general shameless disrupting. :biggrin:

Did you say jello....hmmm we could make that ML/Dragon/Mrs Hen sammie and do it in some jello. Now that sounds fun :biggrin1:

monel

Sexy Member
Media
/rant
I haven't been a mod in ages and it still pisses me off to see threads like this. Just because YOU don't deem her behavior bad enough to be temp ban worthy doesn't mean it wasn't. You don't know if 240 people reported a particular post from her or not because they were upset by what might have been said. You don't know what happens in PM's. (For the record, mods don't know either, unless PM's are forwarded to them.) If you can't trust the mod team to act in a just manner, then that's your personal decision. There's not a whole lot the mods can do to change your mind. On top of that, they are apparently given the job (as most of you seem to think) of making everyone happy. That is nigh impossible. If your unhappiness is so hardcore that you don't like it here anymore, then leave. There are other forums and other ways with which you can keep in touch with your LPSG friends. The mods made a huge step forward when they decided to create the moderator actions thread and it sometimes feels like none of you even appreciate it. How many forums will publicly list why a person was banned, temporary or otherwise? Very few. Be grateful you have the information available to you, trust that the moderators are doing what they feel is best for the board, and get over yourself. You are not the center of the universe.

/endrant

Seems to me that your post is unnecessarily hostile. I don't see anyone questioning the mods' right to act as they deem appropriate. Neither do I see anything wrong in the members showing their suport for another who is penalized; or for them to question the mods actions, even if well within their rights. Finally, these threads provide an outlet for members who wish to vent. So long as all conduct themselves in a respectful and appropriate manner, it can't be a bad thing, can it?

Last edited:

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
/rant
I haven't been a mod in ages and it still pisses me off to see threads like this. Just because YOU don't deem her behavior bad enough to be temp ban worthy doesn't mean it wasn't. You don't know if 240 people reported a particular post from her or not because they were upset by what might have been said. You don't know what happens in PM's. (For the record, mods don't know either, unless PM's are forwarded to them.) If you can't trust the mod team to act in a just manner, then that's your personal decision. There's not a whole lot the mods can do to change your mind. On top of that, they are apparently given the job (as most of you seem to think) of making everyone happy. That is nigh impossible. If your unhappiness is so hardcore that you don't like it here anymore, then leave. There are other forums and other ways with which you can keep in touch with your LPSG friends. The mods made a huge step forward when they decided to create the moderator actions thread and it sometimes feels like none of you even appreciate it. How many forums will publicly list why a person was banned, temporary or otherwise? Very few. Be grateful you have the information available to you, trust that the moderators are doing what they feel is best for the board, and get over yourself. You are not the center of the universe.

/endrant
WTF??!!!!!!! Why did my name get dragged in? I said that form what i had seen, her "disruption" was no worse than ANYONE else's, member, mod, or Admin. I specifically said that in the context of "when they say 'I am not saying this as a Mod/Admin', indicating that they are human and can be just as argumentative as we poor peons. How THE FUCK does that mean that I am somehow bad-mouthing the mod team is beyond me. You would KNOW if I was.

As for the "we should be happy with the widdle crumbs of info we get", all i can say is (to quote one of my fave characters), "ZIft. Drek, Bullshit." Sorry, but while I don't think we should ever have the blow by blow, I do believe in transparency in what the authorities are doing. Other wise how can we trust that they ar not doing things according to whim, friendships, and grudges. Letting us know that they ar giving heads ups, warnings, temp bans and perma-bans, is the bare minimum they can do to keep that sense of transparency, what they should do regardless.

Understood. This thread was created to support my Dragon Lady, not to harangue the mods. Pure and simple.

Granted, the thread is a platform for those wanting to harangue the mods. Apologies for that. But we depraved pervs have to stick together and "have each others' backs" even in the face of mysterious bannings.
I have no intention of haranguing the mods. I am going to question the generic as hell "general disruption." Not "off topic postings, harassment, racism, underage, nude avatar, or even "Death my moderator", all of which I would consider "generally disruptive" behaviors.

My main thing was to show my support of Dragon. Period.

Rant away, I won't complain. :smile: However, I don't see why you quoted those particular posts rather than just responding to the thread as a whole. I don't see how your rant relates to what I (or Nico) said. I didn't say I was unhappy. I am happy here and like it here. I like most of the mods (probably more, but I haven't had any contact with them) and think they do a good job. I was trying to answer the question of, "Why was she banned?" - that's all. In my opinion, people can be too sensitive. In my time here, I haven't put anyone on ignore or reported anyone for anything. Anything truly serious is dealt with almost immediately anyway. I even defend people who I believe to mean no harm and try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I don't believe I'm the centre of the universe, in fact, I have a rather low opinion of myself. I know what and who I am, thank you. It's others who read posts like "fuck off" and decide to report it, even if it was in jest. I take the time to establish whether something is good or bad and don't jump to conclusions. Ms Dragon's banning isn't the end of the world, no. But, I doubt she deserved it. Why? Because I know her. She doesn't mean to hurt feelings or attack others. If you took the time to know someone, you'd be able to see the hidden depths to their posts. I'll stop before this turns into a full 'rant'.
Bravo Mr. MoT!!!!! You said it perfectly!

TattoedMammaMeg, Why did you quote us, as harping on the mods, when we clearly didn't, and yet somehow missed this:
I'm wondering if it was a chat thing. She used to be a 'bit of a character' in chat... although, I have no idea if she ever goes into chat these days, I could be barking up the wrong tree.

Mind you, you can't say the mods are out to get her, last time I was banned it was for a comment the mods believe was directed at her. They were, or thought they were, looking out for her. The comment wasn't about her. But they didn't believe me. I was a bit miffed about that... I mean, is it my fault the mods think she's was complusive liar and a lush? I make a perfectly innocent comment about some other compulsively lying lush, they think it was about her and get all ban-happy on my ass! Has she even exhibited any compulsive-lying, lushy behaviour since her return?? No - not a jot. So double boo to the mods - for thinking so ill of both her and me. Shame on them!

Bring back the Dragon!!
WHich is far more anti mod then anythig I have said in this thread. And no i am not saying MB is wrong in her assessment. Make of that what you will.

I might have quoted your post on accident then, I was mostly responding to the angry people. I understand that most of the posts made weren't in anger. :smile:
Sounds like back pedaling to me, especially when MoT was not angry at all, and mine was rather tame for me. And really in light of that oversight of someone who was a tad angry at the mods and said so in her post.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, however. Perhaps it was just an odd error.

I log on to see a blank avatar, did some more searching and she was banned! I really hope she comes back, Dragon always has something that puts a grin to my face! What's a zebra to do without the dragon?! :p
Well, my eastern zodiac sign is The Dragon, you could snuggle up in my coils till Miss Dragon gets back:wink:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
From the 'Size preference, length, girth discussions' thread:

From the 'please tell us how' thread:

From the 'My sympathy goes out to all the women who...' thread:

These are the 'worst' recent examples I can find. Even if the ban was for something from weeks ago, this is the lowest Ms Dragon will go. Certainly not 'ban-worthy' in my book. I assume repeat-reports led to the ban, hence the rather vague 'general disruption' use. There could have been a PM battle or something though, I suppose. Either way, I hope the two weeks without her pass swiftly.

Out of a sense of decency for all concerned, I won't link it. But she did snipe at a member in the Politics Forum and called him a "runt" :rolleyes: Of all the arrows in Drags' quiver, that one seems a bit dull in the blade, but the recipient howled in butt-hurt indignation, demanding moderator attention in an open post.

More-n-likely, that figured prominently in the process, especially as these things, as I understand them, are cumulative in nature.

D_Sam Rockswell

Experimental Member
Media
wow really? (sigh)

Well look at it this way. She was temporarily banned...which means she will be back. And man. Will be soooo much fun when she does return. :D

Last edited:

monel

Sexy Member
Media
Well I guess I'll just have to put my ass on my avatar (in honor of the Dragon) until she returns..... of course mine's not near as pretty to look at, but it'll do, guys...

**Spank** :moon:

Damn pretty, I'd say. And might I also thank you for your selfless consideration for those in need. You are, Madam Fancy Pants, a true philanthropist.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Out of a sense of decency for all concerned, I won't link it. But she did snipe at a member in the Politics Forum and called him a "runt" :rolleyes: Of all the arrows in Drags' quiver, that one seems a bit dull in the blade, but the recipient howled in butt-hurt indignation, demanding moderator attention in an open post.

More-n-likely, that figured prominently in the process, especially as these things, as I understand them, are cumulative in nature.
Yeah I guess said individual would want us all to be just some shambling mob, whining to the mods when we get all butt hurt in the PoliForum. LOL! And after said runt was all about defending VB with"It's politics, get a thicker skin!"

Seems said person was a tad thin skinned (the undead usually are)

:rolleyes:

Sad that THAT would would have been the straw to break the camels back. Huh. Guess he is the LPSG's PTB new darling eh. Great.*sigh*

Hoping that our Dragon returns, claws out, breathing fire!

Last edited by a moderator:

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Ah, thank you for pointing that out. I didn't look in the politics area - never noticed her posting there before. I'm sure that did add to the decision. Oh well, I suppose it's just a waiting game now.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ah, thank you for pointing that out. I didn't look in the politics area - never noticed her posting there before. I'm sure that did add to the decision. Oh well, I suppose it's just a waiting game now.

She posts there really randomly and infrequently, MoT. Much as I love her, Drags can go nuclear on occasion, and that hardly qualifies compared to some of the other things I've seen her post. The Politics Forum is an enormous trouble for the mods, and an infraction there is dealt with more frequently and harder than in other places, IMO.

Drags will be back; you can count on it :wink:

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
First of all, she called me "God damned stupid," and "a strident little runt" twice. She also talked about pissing on my grave and celebrating the day I got banned. Funny how that works I guess.And that was just me. Who knows what else happened but if the cracker jack detective work done to find her most recent inflammatory posts managed to miss those two I'm willing to bet there are other examples.

Was I offended? Not really. Did I think it warranted action? I did not. The only reason I called attention to it in that thread was that it was a.) off topic, b.) out of left field (considering I was commenting on her post and not on her personally) and c.) it was unclear to me if said direct attacks were acceptable. Clarification was the demand, not moderator action. I wanted to know if it was cool to just unleash on people (rather than their ideas) directly.

For what it's worth, Dragon read a lot deeper into a post I made in the Bi Ain't a Lie thread a few weeks ago, and had a somewhat hostile attitude toward me ever since. From reading her cameo appearances in the Poli-Sci forum, however, I think she was a contributor (as opposed to whatever you'd call the opposite side of that coin).

That didn't cause a "general disruption" though so before you grab your pitch forks and torches, maybe do a little more digging if an answer is really what you're after. Or just wait- no doubt she'll be back to explain in detail what exactly happened. For my part, I don't really care about this, save for the fact that her banning seemingly makes clear that attacking people directly isn't alright.

Oh, the thin skinned thing was clever. I liked that : )

JSZ

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm not going to ask why Dragon got banned. I know we won't get an answer (and some people would argue that we SHOULDN'T get an answer).

But I would like to know what IN GENERAL would warrant a ban for 'general disruption'. Most of us have been disruptive at some point. Some of us are regularly disruptive. When and how does that cross the line into ban territory? How do we avoid being banned ourselves? Is always being sweet and kind the only route to a ban-free life? If so, most of us will be banned before the end of the week.

*wishes she didn't sound so much like JSZ in his VB crusade*

Dragon, you'll be greatly missed while you're gone. I hope to see you walk back in the LPSG doors the moment your ban is over.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
To get someone banned and then come into the 'why was X banned?' thread and carry on the argument is the height of poor taste.

Dragon and I don't have a strong history of agreement but I have to say 'strident little runt' seems fairly apt. *wonders if Dragon had a little HG flavoured help with her phrasing from time to time*

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
To get someone banned and then come into the 'why was X banned?' thread and carry on the argument is the height of poor taste.

Dragon and I don't have a strong history of agreement but I have to say 'strident little runt' seems fairly apt. *wonders if Dragon had a little HG flavoured help with her phrasing from time to time*

Claro que si, nina :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.