Drama in LPSG

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Seriously, what's with all the drama in LPSG recently? Flame wars, catty fights, insults thrown left and right... Is it just in my mind or what? I just read a post from a moderator that told a poster to - and I quote - "shut the fuck up". WTF??

Where's the love, people? :confused:
The alleged love is still here (if you're one of the chosen ones--and I don't mean being of the Jewish persuasion).

Wars, insults and the such have existed here for a long time--they're words and the board goes through phases of their happening. Don't get caught up in it and realize some of it as nutty as it may seem, is done with a dose of friendly.

As to a moderator telling someone to 'shut the fuck up'; they are moderators; however they are also posters and are entitled to speak their minds. Why should you or I or non-mods be allowed that level of free speech; but, a moderator should be kept silenced? It is yet another reason why this board needs a cloaking device. A method where the moderators exist; however, nobody knows precisely who they are. I was a moderator on one board, where there was no public display of being a moderator--in fact it was grounds for dismissal from that position. If a reader needs to report an offensive post, they click on a button and it is whisked off to an anonymous moderator and tended to or not according to board standards. Again, moderators are people and must be allowed to speak as they wish--good grief I'm becoming one of those nefarious open minded liberal sorts:eek: .

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
good grief I'm becoming one of those nefarious open minded liberal sorts:eek: .

Slap, SLAP, SLAP

*phew* - close one that..

Actually Onslow - that sounds like a bloody good system. For some reason everyone thinks when a Mod posts, except in the most inane / humourous manner that it is somehow an opinion with greater weight - or that their opinions are 'standard' at LPSG. I've been here but a heartbeat and I've already figured there is no 'standard' at LPSG. The mods are exactly like the rest of us - with the exception of their extra duties that they do as a service to the site. More of a chore than a privilege. Their opinions on life the universe and everything (outside LPSG procedure, which they may have more insight into) are no more or less interesting or important than anyone else's.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry Burns1de, but I gotta agree with Kotchanksi here.
While the appearance of the pumped penis is not my favorite; no one deserves to be called disgusting site. :mad:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I haven't made any comments to gallery posts, partly because I'm not a paying member so I can't see the full size pics.:frown1: (too worried about simply paying rent these days..) And I would only make good comments, unless the pic is obviously a fake. (Then I would put in my comment that I think it is a fake...)

I tend to avoid certain topics of discussion as well (politics especially!), because people get over-heated and can be rather insulting to each other. I got enough of that in real life, so I learned to keep quiet there too. Besides, it's more fun to talk about sex. :biggrin1: (and I can't really do that in real life either, not to the degree I do here!)

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
People who've been here long enuf know that drama is the natural order of things around here. Fact is, it'd be a pretty boring place without it.

As for comments to gallery pics I hold em to an extreme limit. I mean there's many members whose pics I'd like to comment on (particularly some of our female members) but one hesitates doing so for fear of being considered a troll, a stalker, or worse. And PM's? Absolute no no! I respond to those who pm me. That's it.

When it comes to someone's pictures I basically try to follow the "if you've got nothing good to say..." rule. (Except for occasional obviously phony stuff posted from internet sites - fair game!)

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People who've been here long enuf know that drama is the natural order of things around here. Fact is, it'd be a pretty boring place without it.

As for comments to gallery pics I hold em to an extreme limit. I mean there's many members whose pics I'd like to comment on (particularly some of our female members) but one hesitates doing so for fear of being considered a troll, a stalker or worse. And PM's? Absolute no no! I respond to those who pm me. That's it.

When it comes to someone's pictures I basically try to follow the "if you've got nothing good to say..." rule (except for occasional stuff posted from internet sites).

Oh, if anyone wants to comment on my gallery pic (but be nice!), feel free! Oh, and I am the WOMAN in the pic. I'm considering taking it down because of the other person in the pic. It really is the best picture of me though, that you can really see what I look like. I have a small pic of just me but it's very small and only shoulders-and-up.

I'm very selective in PM's (which ones I'd answer) though. Too many are exactly alike and get kind of obnoxious. I ignore those.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh, and I am the WOMAN in the pic. I'm considering taking it down because of the other person in the pic.

You could crop the guy out of the picture in about a nanosecond using whatever proprietary picture editing software you have on your computer (Microsoft Photo Editor, for example). :wink:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Oh, if anyone wants to comment on my gallery pic (but be nice!), feel free! ... I have a small pic of just me but it's very small and only shoulders-and-up.

That's ok, W.W. I can only see them small, anyway (I'm not a "premie" member). :rolleyes: BTW, nice pic. You should post more.

Biggie77

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I read a lot of the same threads that Kotchanski posts in. She isn't putting up with any shit. It is good to see a mod stick up for someone.

In the past I have received only minor criticism on my pics, and it was pretty hard to take. So I can imagine how I would feel if someone called my meatbat disgusting and gross. If you don't like it, let the guy be. It takes nerve to even post such intimate pictures.

I would like DJG's take on this one. :tongue:

Where is your avatar Kotchanski? :frown1: Hooray for boobies!

wingnut84

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I agree with burns1de. joejack's pics of his dick are sick.

Hey, that rhymed. :)

I mean, if you can rate a pic below a five, then you should be able to make a negative comment on it. I know I wouldn't want to hear that shit about my junk, but then again I wouldn't post it if it didn't look good. Disgusting is a harsh word, but if that's someone's opinion then they should be free to use it.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
we all have our idea of what appeals to us, i like a lean guy but i don't find a larger guy disgusting and i'd never dream of making an unpleasant comment on someone's pics if the poster wasn't my dream guy/woman, everyone has their own idea of what's hot and what's not and it's basic good manners to only leave a comment on pics when it's a positive one, the people who do post do it for free and it's part of what makes sites like this a success (they'd be much smaller if all they were were forums and chat rooms). I personally don't like pumped cocks, and I've mentioned that a few times on these forums, however a passing mention is very different to leaving vindictive comments on someones pics, the person behind those pics is someone with feelings and they've put themselves out there and deserve a bit of affirmation for that not lots of negativity and snipiness.

I've been a member since dec 2006 and I still consider myself a relative newbie and I certainly don't consider I've been on here long enough to discern patterns of changes here so I can't understand why Burnside would think that having been a member for a few months he can detect them either. All sites go through ups and downs, through months when there are more or less posts, days when the chat room is empty and that doesn't indicate a pattern, it just indicates that it's a site used by people and people aren't altogether predictable.

As for Kotch telling someone to shut the fuck up, why the fuck shouldn't she, she's not a robot, she's a participating member of this site as well as a mod and entitled to get as pissed off as any of us.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You could crop the guy out of the picture in about a nanosecond using whatever proprietary picture editing software you have on your computer (Microsoft Photo Editor, for example). :wink:

Thanks! I now have a new skill! Maybe it'll come in handy for work too? I need to play with Microsoft Photo Editor some more now! :smile:

Will be deleting the old gallery photo, reposting the one I just cropped, and maybe one or two others!

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Got them! I have 3 pics now. One of them was taken fairly recently - the one with me in the polo shirt. My hair is a little different than in the other two.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think is someone posts a bad comment about a picture like "That's disgusting" to obviously be rude then they should be prepared for someone else to be rude to them. I support the idea that if you don't like a picture just leave it alone. No point in trying to make someone feel bad for the way they look.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yup, that was me, and I stand by every word of it and will happily say it again.

Read my post history, pay close attention to posts with regards to a member named Tripod, posts made in response to a member named Ssnead and the post you've quoted above.

I am first and foremost a member of this site, I will not sit by and watch hateful unwarranted comments about anothers images without saying something.

Anyone who feels the need to use terms such as "disgusting" in response to another members pics deserves everything anyone wants to throw at them.

But hey, feel free to report me for it, I'm sure I'm due a warning

(there was a time calling people on being complete cunts was a good thing, guess those days are over)
Yes you and the other Mod's have every right to express your opinons. You are a member first. This is a silly thought that a Moderator cant curse or get into a heated debate with another member. My love you can call me anything you want. You say whats on your mind and i respect you for that:hug:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Mod's are people too.. and that means they can tell people to fuck off... I thought that was commonly known.
I'll give you a quick run down then..

Tripod, the guy who I later formed a loving relationship with had a thread in which he posted his images. He recieved similar comments to this guy, and it was a very unpleasant experience, one which should never have happened.

This guy (the one now in question) posts his pics, answers a thread and gets insults for his efforts? Fuck what you think about it, if you really can't just leave it, then there are ways you can display your dislike of an image without resorting to "Gross" "disgusting" and "deformed" that wasn't needed.

You yourself have shown your distaste for the images in question, and shown yourself to be a rather inconsiderate and heartless individual, I can live with that, its not my cock your talking about after all, but I can't live with anyone thinking they have the right to be so fucking rude about someone elses pics without others having the right to display their distaste in the manner in which they've chosen.

In addition to Kotch's reply:
There was a reasoning behind Tripods pumping. It was sane, logical, and most of all his personal decision to do so. Some would say foreskin is disgusting.. but people get jumped on for voicing that opinion as well. I personally think there is a beauty in almost all cocks. Tripods is visually apealing, as well as unique. I don't think anyone deserves to be told they have an ugly cock... no matter what they have done to it (or were born with)

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mod's are people too.. and that means they can tell people to fuck off... I thought that was commonly known.

In addition to Kotch's reply:
There was a reasoning behind Tripods pumping. It was sane, logical, and most of all his personal decision to do so. Some would say foreskin is disgusting.. but people get jumped on for voicing that opinion as well. I personally think there is a beauty in almost all cocks. Tripods is visually apealing, as well as unique. I don't think anyone deserves to be told they have an ugly cock... no matter what they have done to it (or were born with)
Yes! Tripod is also a great guy and Kotch a great lady. Two great people.:smile: