Drama in LPSG

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
we all have our idea of what appeals to us, i like a lean guy but i don't find a larger guy disgusting and i'd never dream of making an unpleasant comment on someone's pics if the poster wasn't my dream guy/woman, everyone has their own idea of what's hot and what's not
Precisely. I never (literally) browse the galleries. Occasionally, I will look at the gallery of a specific member, just to get an idea of the person I've been conversing with on the fora. If I don't like what I see, I'll just move on. If I like what I see, I'll leave a comment. I treat it like I would being in the workplace. If a coworker is wearing a dress that's hideous, I say nothing. If she's wearing something very flattering, I say "that dress looks great on you." Not everything appeals to everyone. Almost anything will appeal to someone. There is no rule that says you have to make nasty comments on those things that "aren't your cup of tea."

But keeping in mind gallery comments are not the same as open discussion in the forum,
As for Kotch telling someone to shut the fuck up, why the fuck shouldn't she, she's not a robot, she's a participating member of this site as well as a mod and entitled to get as pissed off as any of us.
Kotchanski is a member. Why should she not address any other member whom she thinks is out of line? And why should any member think he should be able to address her without her being able to address anyone else? Being a moderator has nothing to do with it... that's a whole other issue.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dont go anywhere. There are many great people here. You will meet many new friends.............:smile:
I agree with this.

As do I.

But keeping in mind gallery comments are not the same as open discussion in the forum, Kotchanski is a member. Why should she not address any other member whom she thinks is out of line? And why should any member think he should be able to address her without her being able to address anyone else? Being a moderator has nothing to do with it... that's a whole other issue.

Exactly.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't know what to say, but in the last week I've been in London and New York and there has been crazy dust in the air! Maybe it's a world wide thing or a full moon or something!

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Being a moderator has nothing to do with it... that's a whole other issue.
This is just wishful thinking. They can't be separated by simple fiat. The mods pay a price for being mods; let's not fool ourselves with fantasies that they don't.

As for Kotch, she throws a few hand grenades now and then. I have no problem with that, particularly since her aim is usually pretty good.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know what to say, but in the last week I've been in London and New York and there has been crazy dust in the air! Maybe it's a world wide thing or a full moon or something!

Welcome back! How was your trip to London? Do tell us all about it. PLEASE! :biggrin1:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is just wishful thinking. They can't be separated by simple fiat. The mods pay a price for being mods; let's not fool ourselves with fantasies that they don't.

As for Kotch, she throws a few hand grenades now and then. I have no problem with that, particularly since her aim is usually pretty good.

Thank you, BD. That is kind of you to say. :smile:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well it was sort of fast and furious...Flew over on BA...First class passangers are not what they used to be! Stayed at my favorite hotel in London (Claridges) Had dinner at my favorite place (The Grill at Connaught)
Worked mostly long hours...very dull. Did not get to meet the LPSG member who I have a secret or not so secret crush on, because he was away on Holiday.
Very busy...I had to sneak off in the night like a criminal just to get a little personal free time!
Thanks for asking... It's good to be home!

Welcome back! How was your trip to London? Do tell us all about it. PLEASE! :biggrin1:

LoveItBitch

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Im new.. and ummm Im just sitting back watching and laughin may ass off.. this is damn good drama right here on this thread

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
First, about gallery comments... If someone is making harsh gallery comments, it could be explained to them how the gallery has typically worked here (following in the footsteps of the 'be nice to n00bs' thread). That is, the "rules" in the gallery have been that if someone has enough balls to post a pic, then we kinda just leave it alone. Most people give a "10" if they like it, and skip it if they don't. The galleries are not a place for taking vengeance on posters you don't like, whether by number, or comment. The exception has been... FAKES. Fakes, OH, and THIEVES get "1"s, and whatever verbal unleashing people want. Now, there is 2-9, but by tradition, they're rarely used. They can be, but again, it's a "support group" so people typically only say supportive things, or nothing at all. Yes, it's a totally flawed system, but that's just kinda how it's evolved to be.

there's been an influx lately of fakers, assholes, and fucktards which has coincided with the disappearance of really interesting posters. it's made LPSG a lot less fun, and there's a lot more petty bullshit going on than i seem to be used to. or at least, not enough good stuff to balance it out. there's only so much juvenile bullshit one can read before wanting to kill everyone. not that i am immune to spouting my own juvenile bullshit. there just seems to be a dearth of interesting material here and we are descending on each other like vultures.
Yes, and so that I don't have to retype...
http://www.lpsg.org/et-cetera-et-cetera/47646-who-do-you-miss-8.html#post915184

Also:
...Having 1,000s and 1,000s of active users, is having a house-cleaning of 10-20 idiots really gonna shake us to our core, or is it going to send the message, "OK, enough is ENOUGH! Take your BS elsewhere."?

I'm usually not one for drastic measures, but when there's been such an outcry from the core, and even peripheral, users that things have been getting too frustrating and tedious for them to continue contributing, what are we going to be left with here should the main contributors leave?

...I'm saying that the obviously troublesome know that the threats of banning are empty, so they go along making more trouble. I'm saying that the "wait and see" policy again allows them to continue with the same trouble for too long, if not indefinitely. I'm saying that while I support "free speech", I feel that sometimes it is practically being hidden behind, at the expensive of the site's quality.

I'm not talking about a popularity contest, where only those that everyone agrees on get to stay. I'm not talking about people just having fun. I'm not talking about those that have logical differences of opinions.

...I'm talking about hatred. I'm talking about single-minded and relentless agendas. I'm talking about "infecting" every possible thread with nothing more that a ":biggrin1:". Of course, I couldn't leave out, that I'm also talking about unanimously agreed upon trolls (because there actually ARE those that we all agree on, that no one finds to be their own little entertaining treasure).

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Geez, the last thing I wanted to do with this thread is to actually create more drama... I'm sorry this happened. :(

I still stand by what I said, however. Thankfully, I'll take my own advice and put Kotch and Lex on my ignore list, so I won't have to deal with their bullshit anymore. It's not like I'm gonna miss a whole lot of quality content from those two anyway.

For the record: the last time I told someone to shut the fuck up on here, I got a warning from a mod - I guess only certain people are allowed to say that, huh?

Edit: oh great, I can't put a mod on my ignore list. I guess Big Dirigible was right - mods are mods first, posters second.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Come on, man - there's good technical reasons you can't ignore the mods.

If we could all ignore any / all mods then there would be no point in having the fuckers, now would there. Let's not start that discussion in yet another thread though, eh?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I don't thing burns1de necessarily had a particular incident in mind when he began this thread.
Sure, there may have been some particular situation that spurred his sense that things are getting unusually pissy here ... but he made no reference to it in any kind of provocative way, imho.
He's been bothered by several instances of rudeness, one of them arguably my own.
I have no problem with this.
And while the thread itself did get rather dramatic, it didn't have to go that way ... that was just random motion. And not his motion, particularly.
Just my two cents.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't thing burns1de necessarily had a particular incident in mind when he began this thread.
Sure, there may have been some particular situation that spurred his sense that things are getting unusually pissy here ... but he made no reference to it.
He's been bothered by several instances of rudeness, one of them arguably my own.
I have no problem with this.
And while the thread itself did get rather dramatic, it didn't have to go that way ... that was just random motion. And not his motion.
Just my two cents.

Thank you Rubi, and you are right - I had no particular incident in mind, just a series of events recently (as opposed to, say, three months ago) that seemed to indicate a rise in drama on LPSG. Last thing I wanted was to create a monster like this, I now regret starting this whole thread. :12: