Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
You've all been bad boys and girls and Daddy'll be home soon to discipline you.

My personal opinion is that one should be free to express one's true opinion on posted pictures, including the fact that they may find something disgusting or fraudulent. That is different, however, than going out of one's way to harrass or demean a member. I don't think Burnside's comment falls into the latter category.

As for Kotch's response, she is certainly also free to be honest, but perhaps a bit softer tone would have been more productive. "Shut the fuck up" is not a comment but in fact an order, and coming from one with "moderator" prominently displayed next to their name has a chilling effect on members' willingness to express their opinions.

All that said, naturally members should strive to extend to each other the same degree of courtesy that they would when meeting face to face. The anonymity of the internet should not be taken as license to be as rude as possible.

Big Bubba , a/k/a "DADDY" ;-)~

my motto (ripped from the Hard Rock Hotel): "Love All, Serve All"

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do believe (though I'm happy to be proven wrong on this) that I suggested he shut the fuck up, I didn't TELL him to.

"why don't you shut the fuck up and take your nasty little comments elsewhere" is what was actually said to the best of my recollection.

This was the post in question. Let everyone judge for themselves.

And as for this not being about any one event, if that is truely the case then he should have been more careful when it came to naming one event. He made it personal, and as a member of these boards I defended myself.

Wrong - I NEVER named you in my original post - you came out and admitted it was you. Big fucking difference. I did not name you specifically for the reason that I did not want to make it personal.

Being a Mod has nothing to do with anything I've said in this thread or the one I was quoted on, being a human who understands the effects terms such as "deformed" has on a person has everything to do with what I've said. Not being able to see that says for more about you (not to the person quoted above) than it does me.

I've already commented on this - this is a public forum, where pics are posted publicly - comments come in all shapes and sizes, good or bad, constructive or not. Deal with it. I know I can.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Being a Mod has nothing to do with anything I've said in this thread or the one I was quoted on
This seems an especially difficult concept to get across. I'm not sure why, but it does. From the inception of moderation on this board, the moderators have never been, nor are they now, team captains nor bosses nor policy-makers nor referees nor nannies nor shining examples. They are simply members (who have a couple of additional drudgery duties.) Since their opinions on any given subject are not representative of management, they are free to present those opinions. On the two occasions I have received "official notice" from any moderator, it was marked as such. Otherwise, any discourse I have with any moderator, I consider to be simply discourse with another member.

Any member, I suppose, is free to tell any other member to "shut the fuck up." If Kot told me to shut the fuck up, I would understand that it was coming from Kot the member, not Kot the moderator.

JeepersJane

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yup, that was me, and I stand by every word of it and will happily say it again....

I am first and foremost a member of this site, I will not sit by and watch hateful unwarranted comments about anothers images without saying something.

Anyone who feels the need to use terms such as "disgusting" in response to another members pics deserves everything anyone wants to throw at them.

But hey, feel free to report me for it, I'm sure I'm due a warning

(there was a time calling people on being complete cunts was a good thing, guess those days are over)
Go Kotch, Go!!!

Men who are in love with themselves, especially the ones in love with their own dicks often forget that DRAMA is a woman's job. Normal guys seem to respect this and focus on their work.

The only time it's appropraite and productive for men to engage in or provoke drama is when they are attention-hungry male thespians working in theater or film. That's the only time I've ever seen a male drama queen offer anything productive to society or his family. Women, on the other hand are entitled to drama because we are the ones who have to carry children around for nine months - and more. And: because we have to put up YOU. So, shut the fuck up!

The reason you don't get to see me naked? Duhhh. Because there is always one in every crowd who has no class. I don't need to hear about it.

I generally only enjoy saying "Shut the fuck up" during intercourse. I learned that from watching Jessica Lang do it. Remember the movie? She was right to say so and so is Kotch.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
First, about gallery comments... If someone is making harsh gallery comments, it could be explained to them how the gallery has typically worked here (following in the footsteps of the 'be nice to n00bs' thread). That is, the "rules" in the gallery have been that if someone has enough balls to post a pic, then we kinda just leave it alone. Most people give a "10" if they like it, and skip it if they don't. The galleries are not a place for taking vengeance on posters you don't like, whether by number, or comment. The exception has been... FAKES. Fakes, OH, and THIEVES get "1"s, and whatever verbal unleashing people want. Now, there is 2-9, but by tradition, they're rarely used. They can be, but again, it's a "support group" so people typically only say supportive things, or nothing at all. Yes, it's a totally flawed system, but that's just kinda how it's evolved to be.

I think this is agreat system. :smile:

You've all been bad boys and girls and Daddy'll be home soon to discipline you.

Now this is the kind of LP support I like!:biggrin1:

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
At the risk of oversimplifying things, why can't this just be a case of Kotch being Kotch, and Burns1de being Burns1de, without all the histrionics ladled on top and amplifying the situation?

He doesn't care what she thinks, she could care less about what he thinks. Time to move on perhaps?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
WISE, YOU ARE!

At the risk of oversimplifying things, why can't this just be a case of Kotch being Kotch, and Burns1de being Burns1de, without all the histrionics ladled on top and amplifying the situation?

He doesn't care what she thinks, she could care less about what he thinks. Time to move on perhaps?

YES - let's keep reposting this til they stop!

JeepersJane

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As for Kotch telling someone to shut the fuck up, why the fuck shouldn't she, she's not a robot, she's a participating member of this site as well as a mod and entitled to get as pissed off as any of us.
And does so, expertly, naturally, and always appropriately, in my opinion.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

They may be the focus, but I think the true issue is vichairyass-type trolls in the galleries.

Y'know, the ones who go through the galleries, and leave nasty comments and low ratings remind me of someone going to a free buffet, and complaining about how horrible and disgusting and nauseating the food is (as they fill their plate for the third time). Why is it such a difficult concept? If ya don't like the photo, DON'T LOOK AT IT.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well I have not had time to read every post on this thread...but I get the jist... Has anyone posted what all of our Mother's told us growing up;
Treat people the way that you would like to be treated!

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They may be the focus, but I think the true issue is vichairyass-type trolls in the galleries.

Y'know, the ones who go through the galleries, and leave nasty comments and low ratings remind me of someone going to a free buffet, and complaining about how horrible and disgusting and nauseating the food is (as they fill their plate for the third time). Why is it such a difficult concept? If ya don't like the photo, DON'T LOOK AT IT.

It might be a good idea then to let this 'He said' versus 'She said' thread die, and start a thread that's non-specific and more topical. We might be losing out on a good topic, as the title is misleading, and would prevent someone that may have an interest in the subject from posting.

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Drama at LPSG??? Noooo?!?!? The drama doesn't bother me, probably because I tend to be a bit dramatic myself :smile: . That said I do have an opinion on the present drama :biggrin1: . If someone posts a picture, they are in essence asking for comments. We can't guarantee they will be nice, they might be terribly rude and uncalled for....but that is a risk we take. Now, if someone does say something mean, we also can't begrudge anyone for defending themselves (or in this case their friend), even if what that person said was harsh, maybe even more harsh than the initial comment. So you see...it's all relative, to me anyway. I guess I can see both points of view here, and the bottom line is, PEOPLE SAY MEAN THINGS, and we all know the sad truth that it's even worse online. So that's that, okay??
:tongue: :smile: :wink:

meatpackingbubba

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
If I may offer an opinion concerning the use of the term deformed: if it is a congenital deformity, then obviously sensitivity is the order of the day; if it is a deformity that someone inflicts upon themselves voluntarily, it is a bit more open to criticism.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
How are you supposed to know you don't like a photo if you can't look at it?

Just look at the damn thumbnail.

I already have a good idea of what aesthetically pleases me and what doesn't. When in doubt, click it; if you go "ewww!" then it's probably a good time to click the BACK button. And if I'm not partial to someone on the board, I just put their names on Ignore and I know better than to click for the membership information, previous posts, etc. Easy as that.

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Seriously, what's with all the drama in LPSG recently? Flame wars, catty fights, insults thrown left and right... Is it just in my mind or what? I just read a post from a moderator that told a poster to - and I quote - "shut the fuck up". WTF??

Where's the love, people? :confused:
Oh, it's been that way for years. Sometimes it's the only reason I continue to read anything on this bitch.

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Oh, it's been that way for years. Sometimes it's the only reason I continue to read anything on this bitch.

Haha!! Finally...someone who isn't so GD serious. Lighten up people! Sit back and let the drama unfold...it's FREE entertainment!

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
If I may offer an opinion concerning the use of the term deformed: if it is a congenital deformity, then obviously sensitivity is the order of the day; if it is a deformity that someone inflicts upon themselves voluntarily, it is a bit more open to criticism.

This is a very important point. If I had a scar on my breast, erm, my dong, no one should comment upon it.
But if I pumped myself up to the point that my dong looked like it was infected and a day away from falling off ... then someone might have more right to find my action objectionable.
The saints among us would still not say anything, I suppose.
But who is a saint?

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
This is a very important point. If I had a scar on my breast, erm, my dong, no one should comment upon it.
But if I pumped myself up to the point that my dong looked like it was infected and a day away from falling off ... then someone might have more right to find my action objectionable.
The saints among us would still not say anything, I suppose.
But who is a saint?

*smiles charmingly* I am :biggrin1:....or at least my Daddy thinks so :wink: :biggrin1:

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
How many women have been effected by, or subjected to such comments? How many guys have? I can think of far more than I should be able to.

nothing about one rule for the black and one for the white? (yes I've seen several racist comments about white people which were left untouched because they were posted by a black member, can't say I've seen the same treatment the other way around)

I agree, Kotchanski.

I have to admit that if someone were to make a negative comment about my body, while to them it may not be a big deal and they will easily move on to the next person, I would feel hurt and carry it around with me for a while. Depending on the remark, it could even make me self-concious and effect how I feel about showing my body to the person I am with.

And there definitely can be a double standard. It's perfectly acceptable to stand in public or in a forum call someone a "cracker" which is akin to using the "N" word, which, as you can see, I won't even type. It doesn't matter than I find "cracker" insulting. For the record, I am half American Indian, so that will be "wheat cracker", thank you very much. :wink: