Dramatic Advances Sweep Iraq

pym

Just Browsing
Media
interesting and very positive and hopefully long-term results from the latest ABC/BBC/NHK poll

ABC News: Dramatic Advances Sweep Iraq, Boosting Support for Democracy

I'm following "Progress" as well as anyone can over there myself. But as near as i can tell, That "Progress" is still COMPLETELY funded by the USA and ENFORCED at gunpoint. I sincerely believe that IRAQis are cowardly at heart.....as evidenced by MASS surrenders during the{completely un-nessary} "WAR". I do not believe they will be able to muster {or have the bravery to} a self policing govt. without our continuous presence and cash-flow. And so how does one bench-mark "progress" under those criteria? I'm NOT convinced. There will still be HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of OUR military munitions and weapons left behind upon our departure.
IRAQ was Persia for Millenia before us, And will be who they are LONG after we leave. They are people who seem to demand a Sultan/Caliph/or KING......Was that not what SADDAM was?

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm following "Progress" as well as anyone can over there myself. But as near as i can tell, That "Progress" is still COMPLETELY funded by the USA and ENFORCED at gunpoint. I sincerely believe that IRAQis are cowardly at heart.....as evidenced by MASS surrenders during the{completely un-nessary} "WAR". I do not believe they will be able to muster {or have the bravery to} a self policing govt. without our continuous presence and cash-flow. And so how does one bench-mark "progress" under those criteria? I'm NOT convinced. There will still be HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of OUR military munitions and weapons left behind upon our departure.
IRAQ was Persia for Millenia before us, And will be who they are LONG after we leave. They are people who seem to demand a Sultan/Caliph/or KING......Was that not what SADDAM was?

well, i am hopeful :wink:

I am most worried about the Kurds, because they absolutely want and are equipped for democracy...frankly, the Kurds have been getting royally screwed for years, in Turkey, Iran, Iraq...

the Kurds could form a successful country in the middle east in absolutely no time at all, but it would cause the turks, iranians, and iraqis to flip out completely.

Kurds actually want freedom and democracy and would do anything to support it and are our biggest fans over there.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

You really feel you have enough information to call all of the Iraqi people "cowards"? It seems to me that the reason for the mass surrenders were clear: a vastly out-matched assault and a disaffection for and disbelief in their leader. And didn't we all have kings at one time? You are painting with such a broad stroke...

D

deleted136887

one man's progress is another man's regres. One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. One man's USA liberationist is another's repressionist, expanisionist occupier.
So.... who's right and who's wrong.

and as you say:
"as evidenced by MASS surrenders during the{completely un-nessary} "WAR""

but hey, as long as it is completely un-nessary, you are right?
JHave a NICE DAY now,. hear?

pym

Just Browsing
Media
You really feel you have enough information to call all of the Iraqi people "cowards"? It seems to me that the reason for the mass surrenders were clear: a vastly out-matched assault and a disaffection for and disbelief in their leader. And didn't we all have kings at one time? You are painting with such a broad stroke...

Really......It did'nt seem to me that "FIERCESOME" Republican Gaurd had any compunctions whatsoever rolling into Kuwait when the #'s were more "EQUITABLE" for themselves. Nor did it trouble them an iota to SLAUGHTER all the DEFENSELESS animals in the Zoo as they high-tailed there COWARDLY {yes, i said COWARDLY} ass's out of there. And left all the oil fields in there wake on fire. Yes....these are STILL the same folks we will be shortly granting autonomy. How funny of you to just wade in and attack my points of view and offer none of your own. Kind of FESTORish.

pym

Just Browsing
Media
one man's progress is another man's regres. One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. One man's USA liberationist is another's repressionist, expanisionist occupier.
So.... who's right and who's wrong.

and as you say:
"as evidenced by MASS surrenders during the{completely un-nessary} "WAR""

but hey, as long as it is completely un-nessary, you are right?
JHave a NICE DAY now,. hear?
UHhhhhhh........What?:confused:

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They are hopeful the country will stabilize again. They would be just as happy if Saddam II was in charge, as long as there were signs the violence would stop.

D

deleted136887

we..we..we.. It's not your backyard. No-one asked you to be there. You are unwanted. It is not for you to give, it is not for you to decide, it is esentialy none of your bussiness what the Iraquis wants to do.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Really......It did'nt seem to me that "FIERCESOME" Republican Gaurd had any compunctions whatsoever rolling into Kuwait when the #'s were more "EQUITABLE" for themselves. Nor did it trouble them an iota to SLAUGHTER all the DEFENSELESS animals in the Zoo as they high-tailed there COWARDLY {yes, i said COWARDLY} ass's out of there. And left all the oil fields in there wake on fire. Yes....these are STILL the same folks we will be shortly granting autonomy. How funny of you to just wade in and attack my points of view and offer none of your own. Kind of FESTORish.

Did I really just wade in and attack you? I admit I don't post much in the Politics Forum, but I didn't think I needed to register to respond here. And all I did was question the basis upon which you determined that the Iraqi's were cowards...I don't believe that I belittled you or your opinion. In fact, I thought I was pretty diplomatic. For all I know, you are right, although it is not apparent to me that the Iraqi people themselves are the cowards you claim them to be. I frankly believe that the proof will be in the pudding...if they find the strength to overcome all their years of despotic rule and actually form a democratic and free government (something that remains to be seen), I think they will have proved themselves.

Is it necessary to make this personal? I haven't...and won't. And what do you mean by "kind of FESTORish"?

pym

Just Browsing
Media
"FESTORISH": To wade into a discussion/debate and discount/belittle/obfuscate/deny/Lie/slander/or confuse the point or issue at hand, while leaving behind no rational point of view of your own for proportional debate.

Ala, our most forum dominating troll: Star infestor.

Which is why i only singled you out with a "Kinda"
It's just a nuance you would have GOT with more experiance on this forum.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"FESTORISH": To wade into a discussion/debate and discount/belittle/obfuscate/deny/Lie/slander/or confuse the point or issue at hand, while leaving behind no rational point of view of your own for proportional debate.

You don't really believe what I posted amounted to this, do you? I hope not. But thank you for the "kinda" qualification.

javyn

Experimental Member
Media
Is pym actually marleyisalegend in disguise? They both have that idiotic logic. I agree with him in this case, the people there are cowards, but it's no fault of their own. The people in that region have had to deal with dictators and warlords for hundreds of years. I'd probably be a coward too if I lived there as opposed to a corpse buried somewhere in a mass grave for the slightest political dissent.

pym

Just Browsing
Media
INFLECTION is tough thing at best to interprate in a typed post in a forum......especially a POLITICS forum.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is pym actually marleyisalegend in disguise? They both have that idiotic logic. I agree with him in this case, the people there are cowards, but it's no fault of their own. The people in that region have had to deal with dictators and warlords for hundreds of years. I'd probably be a coward too if I lived there as opposed to a corpse buried somewhere in a mass grave for the slightest political dissent.

I think we will see what these people are made of when they have the freedom to decide on their own what government they will have. Let's hope that they make a meaningful, and not cowardly, choice.

pym

Just Browsing
Media

Hey Man! PLEASE do me the HONOR of creating a "BEST OF" thread of ALL my Idiotic statements{in Context Please}.......i think that would be AWESOME! By the way.......i'm still waiting for you to post a secondary news resource that supports your claim that Mr.Obama signed a bill on the 15th that overturned STEM-Cell research funding.......apparently the REST of the world disagrees with your lame CSN {?} reference material.:wink:

javyn

Experimental Member
Media
Rest of the world? Or just you? I don't need to post a compilation, a person just needs to search your name and something stupid is sure to pop up.

I take it your MO is to attack the source when you have nothing on the argument right...which I guess would be 100% of the time because you have yet to form a coherent logical argument.

pym

Just Browsing
Media
Rest of the world? Or just you? I don't need to post a compilation, a person just needs to search your name and something stupid is sure to pop up.

I take it your MO is to attack the source when you have nothing on the argument right...which I guess would be 100% of the time because you have yet to form a coherent logical argument.

OK......lets play it your way. Please repost your CSN link with your same assertion in a new thread for open debate......That would be very much in the spirit of civilized debate.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

This is a ringing endorsement of the highest order for my posting history. When a far left wing radical nut case with tunnel vision disagrees with most of my contributions, I'm doing quite well.

Indeed, the sultan of hysteria and anxiety, hyperbole and personal attacks. The resident schizophrenic rattlesnake of LPSG.

When PYMple starts agreeing with you, its time for self-reflection and professional intervention.