D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The Crafstman style, definitely, would fit into my idea of a 'dream home.' I'm a sucker for earth tones, wood tones, and a clean look. I also like big bannisters, and large pillars, with nice sized knobs on top. Wait....what were talkin' about again??

:)

MusclePrinceXXX

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My dream home would be a 5-million dollar villa in Southern California—where I will be moving to. I love different types of home styles but for me, it would be a combination of contemporary, and mediterranean with a few traditional accents.

As for the interior design of the villa, it would be a total bachelor's pad without any feminine influence and interference. :biggrin1:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
These are all very much dream homes, as none of them are going to be up for sale anytime soon... and even if they were I couldn't afford them...

Fallingwater

Farnsworth House

Alden B. Dow Home and Studio

Holy shit!!! I actually saw the falling water house in my search.

If I was being honest, my idea house is this:

• Three floors
  • No basement
  • 4 bedrooms
  • 3 bathrooms (two showers and one needs to be joined to the master suite with a hot tub)
  • Some sort of spiral staircase and alot of windows
  • A large kitchen with stainless steel appliances and a breakfast nook
Now, those were all things that would be nice. If I can't have those things, I have to have:
  • A front porch or veranda. I need to have a place that has a place I can sit in the spring/summer/fall and enjoy the occasional thunderstorm as well as the evening sunset.
  • One big bedroom for me to sleep in, with the adjoining bathroom.
  • Two car garage. I like to park my automobile in the garage.:rolleyes:
  • A Fireplace.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've always had a thing for big rambling Victorians, farmhouses, and craftsman style homes. I adore those older shore homes you see from Maine down to the Outer Banks with wrap around porches and widows walks on the top floor.

I've listed some house plans I like, but none are perfect. I would have to do a cut and paste of at least 3 to get the perfect home for me.

My Dream Home should have:
Large wrap around porch

A formal living room
Large family room
Large dining room (seats 14 comfortably)
Large kitchen with an Aga Stove & dual electric ovens (I love to cook & entertain)
4 bedrooms
3.5 baths (half bath should be near the front door)
Two fireplaces, one for family room, one for master bedroom
Lots of built in shelves! (I love to read)
Bay window w/window seat
Ideally it should be within 30 minutes of the Atlantic Ocean

House 1

House 2

House 3

House 4

House 5

scanjock8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
These are all very much dream homes, as none of them are going to be up for sale anytime soon... and even if they were I couldn't afford them...

Fallingwater

Farnsworth House

Alden B. Dow Home and Studio

Let me add Philip Johnson's Glass House and Neutra's Kaufmann House to your fine list.

Desert living agrees with me, preferrably in the old Las Palmas neighborhood of Palm Springs. Or in the canyons. I'm ready to retire.

A few properties on the market I'd love to consider:
Rancho Mirage
Old Las Palmas
Panorama Road
Vista Las Palmas
Deepwell