Dream Interpretation: Friend in Bed with Me

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Nick4444, Jun 6, 2009.

1. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

After my workout at the gym I had a small meal, and decided to take a nap.

Usually, I don't remember any dreams I have, but this afternoon I awoke straight from a dream.

I was in my bed, in the dark, awoke, and realized someone was in bed with me. Not knowing who it might be, I started to feel the other sleeper out to get some idea who it might be. On reaching to the groin, I felt the male genitalia, then recognized that the size and build of a guy at the gym where I work out, whom I have admired for thousands of years.

Had known him for years, but just learned the other day that he was also practicing MMA, a strong interest I didn't know we had shared.

Looks-wise, and personality-wise he would also fit perfectly as a BF, if I were ever inclined to have one, but he is straight, and I've never entertained that notion.

Our conversations have always been light, and friendly. I wouldn't mind having him as a friend.

Anyway, the discovery of having had him in bed, and having felt him like that, had me feeling super-elated, and exhilarated, both in the dream, and in waking from the dream.

Couldn't find any interpretations online, and I'm clueless.

Anyone have any thoughts?

#1 B_Nick4444, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  2. crescendo69

Gold Member

It means you two will eventually hook up in your dreams.

3. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

4. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    I can't believe Nck8 hasn't responded to this thread!

5. nudeyorker

Gold Member

In the Dream Dictionary... A clean white bed denotes peaceful surcease of worries, to be in bed in a strange room, unexpected friends will visit you. To see others sleeping...you will overcome all opposition in your current pursuits. To dream of friends denotes pleasant tidings of them, or you will soon see them or their relatives. Over all it means you will enjoy life vastly right now. If there are any other key elements to the dream let me know and I will look it up and equate the results again. Sounds like a nice dream.

6. Drifterwood

Gold Member

I think the guy in the dream is a representation of Barak Obama, and your subconscious is bringing to the fore your secret desire to bed him.

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

You're bad... but I was kinda thinking the same thing! :biggrin:

8. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    not sure if it has much symblo value other than the guy is hot and you enjoy being close to him. It wasn't hot sex as much as comfort and security knowing the guy is close to you.

9. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

:confused:

interpreter of dreams, is he?

10. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

the way I understand the "grammar" of these things is that being in my bed, and friend or acquaintance, were both adjectives/adverbs, both good in connotation

what I was having trouble locating was the verb, but your post probably clued me in -- just finding him was the verb, indicating "discovery" or "realization" ... "realization" probably the better, indicating both "discovery" and "actualization"

it also wasn't clear if he is "friend" or "acquaintance" in terms of the decipherment -- I don't even know his last name, but the most casual encounter with him leaves me feeling as elated and at ease as if I had met one of my best buds ... always one of the high points of any day I do run into him.

I neglected to mention that morning I had gotten a nibble from a portfolio management firm I had been applying to for over a year, and scheduled an interview for a position that would release me from a desk-bound position and place me into a position that involved international travel (at company expense:biggrin1:)

also, I had returned from the gym, where I had not seen the guy that morning

that I even remembered the dream was unusual enough, but the dream also left me elated and exhilarated; given my reserve and emotional inhibitions, it had me reeling all day (I couldn't even sleep that night until after five that morning)

that told me "my subconscious was trying to tell me something", and most of the dream interpretation literature refers to "friends" or "acquaintances" as signifying some sort of impending break-through or change

#10 B_Nick4444, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  11. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

12. dreamer20

Gold Member

Yes. You're much older than I thought Dorian Gray.:biggrin1:

13. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

ah!

but I carry the years well!:wink:

14. Smartalk

Gold Member

Nudeyorker That sounds a pretty good Dream Dictionary you have wouldn't mind a copy myself. Can you post the details please or send it via private message

Thanks

Smartalk

15. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I have two source books, 10,000 Dreams Interpreted , by Gustavus Hindman Miller and Zolar's book of Dreams these two books are sometimes at odds with each other but the latter is very good when vivid colors are in the dream, the former is very good with images.

16. Florida Boy

Gold Member

What is 'MMA?'

17. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

18. Xcuze

Gold Member

I don't think dreams have any direct meaning. We all have thousands of abstract dreams. You can't just be selective and decide that some have real meaning. But if you believe they do then you will strive to make them come true. It's like if a fortune teller informs you that you will meet a tall, dark, blue-eyed man. You will then start looking for exactly that.

Totally ignoring the short, ginger, funny guy that fate really had in mind for you.

19. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I think that the meaning of dreams are as varied and intricate and as infinite as our subconscious mind. I think the interpretation gives you the opportunity to explore the possibilities, I by no way feel that this is a science or completely accurate. It's just an interesting hobby of mine. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar!

20. poppinfresh

poppinfresh New Member

Had a dream were the actors kyle chandler and colin farrell were making out in a movie. God it was hot.

Draft saved Draft deleted