No Response
You might have to go on a cock free diet for a while. lol

Generally they arn't so harsh on foriegn ppl also long as its not obvious

minimag

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I would not live anywhere in the Arab world as a homosexual or a women.

There isn't enough money in the world to get me to move to anywhere in Middle East. Do you know how HOT it gets there? 85k certainly wasn't enough for me to pack up and be a civilian contractor.

Last edited:

educatedvirgin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
just don't cross-dress and you'd be alright...and as someone else mentioned, there is a gay community, but it's very, very underground...and you'd be surprised at the prevalance of ho's of all nationalities

all access internet is available at areas called "free zones" like since you're going to work for a magazine, your office might be at Dubai Media City.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Okay, so I'm graduating from University in the UK in like, 4 weeks. And I've been offered this amazing job for a top magazine in Dubai. I'm going to be running the music/nightlife section, it's well paid - it's literally my dream job.

At my age, the idea of moving somewhere new, exciting, exotic; it's just driving my wild thinking about it. But there's a problem I'm sure many of you have noticed.

Homosexuality is outlawed in Dubai.

That really makes me nervous. You hear stories of people being arrested and jailed even for hetrosexual public displays of affection. I'm most concerned about the idea that I won't meet anyone out there, since homosexuality is so frowned upon.

Does anyone have any advice? Is it blown out of proportion? Do you think I should go for a job somewhere where I have to lie about who I am?

A couple of things. First, there are many people who do things like working with the poor in Africa for a couple of years, where sex is not likely.

Second, you have many major airlines that fly in and out. You can take days off and go to other countries.

People have to lie about who they are every day to work.

You may be too busy in the beginning to even think about a relationship.

Moez???

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I know this is pretty late...

but I wouldn't risk going to Dubai. They are trying to attract tourists, but still do a lot of backwards laws and regulations, and was built on the back of people who were basically slaves. Their politicians are corrupt, and brutal. You mess up once there, you are basically completely screwed.

This is a small tribe who got lucky sitting on a lot of oil. The fact that they don't fix the standard of living, or invest in important things like schools and medicine, make it more of a moral issue too.

If you are going there temporarily, to save up some money, that shouldn't be a problem. I still wouldn't risk it, and I'm a American Muslim of Arabic decent that's straight. On paper, Dubai would love me. I still wouldn't go.