Dream Wedding

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by BuffMusicIdol, Aug 21, 2005.

1. BuffMusicIdol

BuffMusicIdol New Member

Okay, so I'm a marshmellow. My incredibly gorgeous niece got married today to her incredibly gorgeous boyfriend. After my SECOND failed marriage, this was wonderful salve to massage all over my wounds. My two kids came with me, and we drove about 6 hours to my old stomping grounds. My son wrote a song for his cousin and my daughter sang with him. These kids are hip. They write top 40 stuff and my son nearly landed a recording deal last April. They were a SMASH hit, and not only their generation but my generation and older were loving it, and demanding more.

So they encored.

I'm telling you people, after two shitty marriages, and now tons of legal battles and financial ruin, this day was a dream day for me. Love IS good, and it IS kind, and it IS patient with at least some people, and those people are still my family. It felt good to stand in the sunshine and be introduced as the "famous uncle." (I'm not. I'm only known in a few limited circles.)

But I was one of the marshmellows who threw his arms around the bride, and she cried in my ear and said, "I love you so much, uncle Dan!" and I wept with her.

This is why love is good. This is why I keep trying. This is why no matter what bad people do to good people, I will hang in there for the people I love and who love me.

Just wanted to share my high with some of my friends here.

Hope you're feeling some love from your loved ones, too. :nopity:

Dan

2. chrisj428

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Dan,

Glad you had a good time at the wedding! I'm so glad to hear about good things happening to good people -- it helps me keep perspective and hope for myself. Keep optimistic & keep trying. And no, you're not a marshmallow -- you're just great! :hug:

Make sure you let us know when they record their first album -- I want to buy a copy!

3. B_Jeremy

B_Jeremy New Member

You know I think you're great as well Dan, so it's wonderful to hear this from you! Hope you're feeling great all the time!

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Society news headline:

Nice Niece's Nuptuals Nifty
    Famous Uncle Flabbergasted

5. BuffMusicIdol

BuffMusicIdol New Member

This is why I love this place. People are good here.

Thanks, amigos.

:hi:

6. steve319

Gold Member

How sweet! Thanks for posting this one. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

7. rich-9.8

rich-9.8 New Member

Congrats to your niece and her new husband. And hang in there yourself!

8. iggy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    thats nice... :loveya: love really is so good!

9. summertime01

summertime01 New Member

Albums:
    HI, Dan, a.k.a. BuffmusicIdol,

i know this message may not be very uplifting for you to read. My reason for posting is to say, "I'm so happy you were blessed to participate in your niece's wedding bliss."
    My other reason is to commiserate with you in being left without.

I, too, have had a rough time after my spouse of almost 25 years left me & left me rather bereft of many things & during my time in grad school. He had it all worked out to his advantage (in some areas) starting at least 2 years before he actually left. I'm actually relieved that he left, as he had 3 affairs during the time we were married (only one did i know of before the divorce).
    Many males complain that he woman took everything, but not here in my situation. My county has no resources or recourse for free legal advice & had no money to hire an attorney, so I am w/out much. I have applied for all kinds of emergency food/energy/etc. assistance,etc. to just barely get by for the duration of my master's program.I look forward to the completion of my master's & getting on with my life. And that will indeed be a HUGE moment of bliss for me!

My significant other has been in your situation two times with the women actually stealing everything while he was away at work. In my situation, my SO is actually surprised that the woman can be left without!

My SO is wonderful, however, my family members (not so much my son, as they have the gift of musical abilities in common) do not like my SO at all & that brings me much grief.

I look forward to any kinds of uplifting moments that the good Lord brings me, and I am so happy you've had uplifting moments & I pray that you have many more! & that He brings many varieties of the loves of life to you, again.

Draft saved Draft deleted