Dreams... or premonitions?

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I saw a news clip of a student survivor: "Why this building?" she asked. Christchurch is built on very shaky ground, Pup. Your dream was bound to come true, and will keep doing so. It's up to the architects and planners now to build better earthquake proof buildings. Japan can offer pointers.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I saw a news clip of a student survivor: "Why this building?" she asked. Christchurch is built on very shaky ground, Pup. Your dream was bound to come true, and will keep doing so. It's up to the architects and planners now to build better earthquake proof buildings. Japan can offer pointers.

Actually, Christchurch is known as not being very seismically active, in fact, the fault that caused the Sept 4th quake hadn't moved in more than 16,000 years.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
I think the question of dreams or premonitions is officially settled.

Nearly one years exactly to the date of the first quake.

Officially feeling spooked.

Spooked, yes, but know that it is a sign of something going on that is "beyond" us. Don't fight it or ignore it, just feel it. It's not dangerous, even though we're being warned of something very negative that is to occur.

There are lots of things going on around us that we can't see or hear (five senses cannot detect), but still know it's there, which is, namely, the sixth sense (not many have this ability). My mother, in fact, has it to a very high degre, and she finds it all very frightening at times; but, on the same token, she needs to realize that it is a gift from god.

Last edited:

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
living in quake and wildfire country, I've had nightmares about them and that 7 pointer last spring was no fun, as for premonitions, had them and would like to do without them as many ended badly.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Actually, Christchurch is known as not being very seismically active, in fact, the fault that caused the Sept 4th quake hadn't moved in more than 16,000 years.

You mean there's shakier bowls of pudding in NZ to live on? :shocked: I am glad I don't live there now. I would be a nervous wreck from all the jangling of my psychic bells.

Oliver_Clothesoff

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I had one dream that kind of came true regarding a small fire at a place I used to work. Kind of interesting but it never happened again.

To paraphrase the late Carl Sagan, there are millions or people on Earth dreaming millions of dreams and occasionally a few are bound to come true. And those are the ones you hear about. No one ever says "The other night I dreamed that such and such a thing happened and then you know what? It never happened. Weird, huh?"

_Jonesy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Yes, yes and yes. I'm always sceptical, maybe more hopeful they aren't true but they happen sometimes, quite rarely mindst.

Most often is having a 'nightmare' or more specifically, negative dreams about females or the female specifically before they go wrong. This has only happened with 2 girls, but those girls I have felt the most for. I would have a bad dream just days before it all went wrong.

There have been others, some true some false. I believe them to be warnings you can ignore or act upon to change events and I'm guessing either I'm full of shit or I've avoided the worst.

One that has worried me is an image of my Grandmother being ill last night. Having little time to live, I rang my Dad to warn him and go to her. Was surreal.

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not talking Final Destination like visions here. While I like many other have had my moments of insanity, I'm not proclaiming to be the next Nostradamus... just so we're clear!

Here's my question...

...have you ever had a dream of something that then came true?

Here's why I ask, having been dark of mood lately, last night I had a really unsettling dream and seemed really specific and realistic.

It was about an earthquake in the NZ city of Christchurch. It wasn't very powerful but it went on for so long, that it caused massive destruction. I dreamt of a big land slide where the land just gave way because it was shaking for so long but all the people were still in their houses, because the quake didn't seem very serious to them, they did nothing about it.

I woke up really quite unsure if I had been dreaming or not, the first thing I did was check the news and the earthquake drums online.

I'd like to think it's just my subconscious acting things out in symbolic representations of problems and stresses in my life, but I am going to be truly gutted if there's a quake in Christchurch with awful consequences.

What about you... have you literally had a dream come true?

Do humans... or pups, have the capacity for precognition? :biggrin1:

Didn't this happen a few days ago????

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think the question of dreams or premonitions is officially settled.

Nearly one years exactly to the date of the first quake.

Officially feeling spooked.

Ah you see...

I for one..have had dreams that came true...or they told me something was off in another persons life..

But i've never had dreams about big stuff like that..

I would say..don't be scared..embrace it..

gwmasiahk

Experimental Member
Media
I have always been a lucid dreamer, having strong vivid dreams where I am conscious that I am dreaming and being able to some extent to control the dreams, directing them as I wish to! At times, usually when I'm very tired, just beore falling asleep I can even dictate my dreams! This ability has lessened as I've aged but is still very attainable and was strongest as a pubescent which resulted in many memorable wet dreams!!!