Dreams You Hold Dear But May Never Come True

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Here's one along the same lines: I live in an area where extraordinary farmland is being bought up by developers at breakneck speed. A local organization is buying up as much as it can, and gov't programs allow farmers to earn tax benefits if they agree to preserve it.
I want to have millions upon millions of dollars to buy up the most valuable farmland (value in terms of property development, not necessarily for farming) and take it off the market f o r e v e r.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've always dreamed of being a performer of some kind - especially in music.

I wanted to be a singer, but I can't sing. I sound like Hyacinth Bucket (and even starting to look like her, lol).

So I thought maybe acting instead, but then realised my speaking voice is almost as bad as my singing voice.

Then I thought maybe writing for other singers or actors, but I'm not creative enough for that.

I could take up piano/keyboard lessons again, or maybe another instrument. But only for personal enjoyment - too late to make a career out of.
- - - - -
Owning my own home is another big dream - a small(ish) cottage in the English countryside. I love those 'Escape To The Country' type shows, even though I could never afford any of the properties.

I'm only on a carer's pension/allowance and I have zero superannuation - the only thing that stops me having nightmares about my future is that my parents own their own home. So whatever happens (or doesn't happen), I will have that roof over my head.

meningreentights

Superior Member
Media
Here's one along the same lines: I live in an area where extraordinary farmland is being bought up by developers at breakneck speed. A local organization is buying up as much as it can, and gov't programs allow farmers to earn tax benefits if they agree to preserve it.
I want to have millions upon millions of dollars to buy up the most valuable farmland (value in terms of property development, not necessarily for farming) and take it off the market f o r e v e r.
How about you buy all the farmland, and developers never get it. We could turn it into a farming co-op.

Reactions: twoton

INCUBUS

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
*Have enough money to buy a large chunk of city property. Building a large apartment and mini mall. Housing the homeless for as long as they need to get back on their feet. Grocery store in the mini mall along with a few clothing stores to feed and clothe said homeless. Clinic to check or assist with health needs. School to educate those needing or wanting a diploma or just to re-educate. Trade school for anyone wanting to learn a trade or to earn a degree.
*Open my own business with my 2 demons

Reactions: meningreentights

i want to own and operate a cat cafe & library. a place where people can come for tea or coffee or something, snuggle up with cats, and read a book.
I kinda like that idea! It is pretty relaxing to read with a purring cat in your lap. I've fallen asleep a few times that way. :zzz::relieved:

Reactions: Enid

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Actually, I'd like to buy up millions of acres of land, and turn it into a natural refuge that nobody can ever tough again.

For a hundred years The Nature Conservancy has been buying lands to protect threatened and endangered habitats and species.

We cannot protect everything from development so the Conservancy prioritizes habitats to buy and preserve forever.

meningreentights

Superior Member
Media
For a hundred years The Nature Conservancy has been buying lands to protect threatened and endangered habitats and species.

We cannot protect everything from development so the Conservancy prioritizes habitats to buy and preserve forever.
I know all about them but their are pieces of land that they cannot afford. I want to buy them.