Dreams

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Was recently in a discussion about dreams and I personally don't remember many of my dreams, and I'm a heavy sleeper. Do those of you that remember more of your dreams fall into the category of light sleepers?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
HI,

I think anyone who can remember every time they turn in the night as alight sleeper so I guess I am. I have different types of dreams.There have been some that I have had recurring and may have happened almost 15 to 20 years ago and I still remember them vividly. There are others which I dont remember at all. I Think so many things affect whether you remember your dreams or not. I know that taking any kind of medication before bed can definitely affect the memory.

Naughty

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by naughty@Mar 23 2005, 03:26 PM
HI,

I think anyone who can remember every time they turn in the night as alight sleeper so I guess I am. I have different types of dreams.There have been some that I have had recurring and may have happened almost 15 to 20 years ago and I still remember them vividly. There are others which I dont remember at all. I Think so many things affect whether you remember your dreams or not. I know that taking any kind of medication before bed can definitely affect the memory.

Naughty
[post=293355]Quoted post[/post]​

Naughty, i have the same type of situation, however, I do remember most of my dreams and remember them quite vividly. I have always done this, especially as a child. I remember my parents telling me to NEVER dream about family, especially those "bad" dreams for fear of something happening to them.

Bri... I am a very light sleeper, which you know. :)

TheaterJunkie:
Originally posted by Altairion@Mar 23 2005, 02:09 AM
Was recently in a discussion about dreams and I personally don't remember many of my dreams, and I'm a heavy sleeper. Do those of you that remember more of your dreams fall into the category of light sleepers?
[post=293294]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm a new member (2nd post)

I am one of the lucky few people that are known as lucid dreamers.
Once I realize I'm dreaming, I'm able to influence &/or control what is happening. This can be very useful in 'bad dreams.'
I, also, have extremely vivid dreams that can include touch, smell, taste, or touch, not just visual stimuli.
Also, I can usually remember 75+% of my dreams.

Hope this is of use.

Bryan

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'll echo what the lovely ladies have said too. I read somewhere that if before you go to sleep you ask to remember your dreams that you will start to remember them more. I don't know if that works or not as I go through spells of remembering my dreams. I've also had my fare share of prolific dreams as well. Many of the dreams I do recall are full of strong symbolism as well and they tell me a lot about my life but then again others are pure farce.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If there was a category that said 0 to 1%, I would have selected that.
I don't know why, but I very rarely ever remember my dreams. The only ones where I do have some recollection, is when I wake up then go back to sleep, so it really isn't very deep sleep. I've also noticed that in these situations, my 'dream' can be heavily influenced by what is being said on the radio or TV if either of these happens to be on.

I'll have to try that technique about telling myself to remember my dreams, but I'll have to remember to remember that! :D

LapDog :p

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a lucid dreamer too, but it only happens occasionally. There are places and scenarios that I have visited repeatedly throughout my life as if they're actually real, I know people in these places and recognise things. There have been times in my life that I've had repetitive dreams where the same thing happens over and over, and these are usually bad things, happily it's been a number of years since that's happened. More usually now, my dreams incorporate seemingly mundane things that have happened to me throughout the day into a "stream of counciousness" type story.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by TheaterJunkie+Mar 23 2005, 05:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheaterJunkie &#064; Mar 23 2005, 05:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Altairion@Mar 23 2005, 02:09 AM
Was recently in a discussion about dreams and I personally don&#39;t remember many of my dreams, and I&#39;m a heavy sleeper. Do those of you that remember more of your dreams fall into the category of light sleepers?
[post=293294]Quoted post[/post]​

I&#39;m a new member (2nd post)

I am one of the lucky few people that are known as lucid dreamers.
Once I realize I&#39;m dreaming, I&#39;m able to influence &/or control what is happening. This can be very useful in &#39;bad dreams.&#39;
I, also, have extremely vivid dreams that can include touch, smell, taste, or touch, not just visual stimuli.
Also, I can usually remember 75+% of my dreams.

Hope this is of use.

Bryan
[post=293387]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I can do that once in awhile too. You realize you are in a dream, and if its good, try to stay in it. And manipulate whats going on.

When I was a small kid, I had frequent dreams of being chased by someone evil outside of my house (no, I didn&#39;t have a bad childhood). Now the bad one that I have that occurs several times a year is of me being in a car and driving off a cliff. Or I am just about to have a major crash. I wake up before smashing into anything.

Overall though, I&#39;d say I only remember 10 pct or less. And all of my dreams that I do remember seem to take place just before I wake up in the morning. Or so it seems. Am considered a very hard sleeper.

Spyderdan: I&#39;ll through in my experience -_- :

I remember 75-100% I would say. One time I was supposed to stay awake and watch a level of my barracks, so I got up and went into the hallway, stood around and then to another room across the hall. Then I thought "Wait, this room isn&#39;t here. Shit, you fell asleep&#33;&#33; Wake up&#33;" Then I woke, and this is the one of only a few lucid encounters I&#39;ve had, though I&#39;m reading up on inducing lucidity.

Dreams are a big part of my life. I dream a lot about strange animals, strange situations, and an uncomfortably much about my beloved pet tarantula (I need to get a life). I was on a medication for a little while, but when I realized it was stopping me from dreaming, I immediately dropped it, anti-depressant or not I need my dreams more.

Light sleeper, I also dream including all my senses. Every now and then I dream of out-of-body experiences (OBE) which I&#39;ve read is common among lucid dreamers and only a small percentage of the population. I&#39;ve been told my eyes are half-open when I&#39;m asleep. (hmm creepy&#33;) Which is why I can&#39;t sleep in my contacs I think.

Also encountered sleep paralysis when my eyes are open, I&#39;m fully aware but half-in half-out of sleep kind of. I see my room, I can&#39;t move, I usually try to scream but my voice is all broken up (if I&#39;m really using my voice or not I don&#39;t know), and I generally dream/think thoughts relating to what I see. Such as, I thought a pile of clothes in my closet was a gorilla dressed in a white shirt not moving but staring at me. I also feel strange tinglings (I was surprised to read about this in "lucidity" articles) through my body that almost feel induced but probably not. Paralysis lasts only couple minutes (?).

Had one or two "pre-cog" dreams, but skeptic about whether or not it was coincidence.

Any thoughts or similar experiences? Great topic&#33;

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
I&#39;m nuts when it comes to dreams. I almost always remember them, but that is only when I have them. It gets wierd sometimes, because I wake up in my dream, and think I actually woke up, and then when I wake up from that, I think I&#39;m in Dreamland and go back to sleep making me late for school lol. But usually the bizarre dreams I&#39;ll remember, or in the process of remembering, I will start forgetting, so I try to remember as much as I can, and sometimes I will randomly remember it all. My favorite is when dreams (good dreams) continue into the next night...anyone ever have that happen? The 75%-100% is about right on for me :) It actually annoys people sometimes&#33; It&#39;s too funny&#33;

TheaterJunkie: I forgot to add that I am a very deep sleeper. Once, when I was younger, around 11 or 12, I slept through half of a hurricane in Fla. You can&#39;t sleep much deeper than that.

One of my recurring dreams is that I have woken up, got ready for work, & was in my car driving to work before I really woke up & had to do it all over again. Very frustrating.

Another of my recurring themes involves flying. Once I realize I&#39;m dreaming, I start flying.

Bryan

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Brian,

Thank you for posting this thread. I must say, I am learning more and more everyday. It is good to see that others have similar responses and it is interesting to hear from those that do not.

bb

Dude!

Just Browsing
Media
I remember very little, only snippets. I wish I could remember more because I always know my dreams have been completely bizarre and often funny&#33;

Dude!

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Spyderdan@Mar 24 2005, 10:50 PM

Also encountered sleep paralysis when my eyes are open, I&#39;m fully aware but half-in half-out of sleep kind of.

I&#39;ve had that

I hate it, I keep thinking that I can&#39;t move and I might stop breathing too. Hasn&#39;t happened recently though

someone2004uk

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I often remember dreams, they are often very strange. Though they tend to be more vivid when I&#39;m drunk.

If i do have a dream i tend to remember about 90% of the details in them and like Zora i used to have recurring dreams, mainly about hurricanes/tornadoes. I was by the sea visiting my aunt and uncle and a bell tolled and a bunch of nuns ran into the church. This was was from about the ages of 7 -10 maybe.

I have quite a few other vivid dreams i still remember

someone2004uk

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by TheaterJunkie@Mar 25 2005, 01:31 PM
I forgot to add that I am a very deep sleeper. Once, when I was younger, around 11 or 12, I slept through half of a hurricane in Fla. You can&#39;t sleep much deeper than that.

One of my recurring dreams is that I have woken up, got ready for work, & was in my car driving to work before I really woke up & had to do it all over again. Very frustrating.

Another of my recurring themes involves flying. Once I realize I&#39;m dreaming, I start flying.

Bryan
[post=293907]Quoted post[/post]​

I&#39;ve hate dreaming that i&#39;ve woken up, It&#39;s only actually happened once. It was so disorientating

zzorus

Just Browsing
Media
I remember very few dreams. Occasionally, just a a snippet.

When I visit my mother, she begins the day by giving detailed reports of her dreams.

whatno

Just Browsing
Media
I&#39;ve figured out what decides whether I remember my dreams or not. It all depends on when I wake up. If I&#39;m suddenly woken up by something then whatever I was dreaming about is still fresch in my mind. But if I just wake up, after a long night&#39;s sleep, it&#39;d feel as if I never dreamt in the first place. I&#39;m fairly certain that it has to do with the different states of sleep.

Also, if I&#39;m having a bad dream, I can wake myself up. I physically can just wake myself up. Like, it feels like it&#39;s in the back of my neck, and I dunno, it wakes me up. Really weird, I know. S&#39;probably a tumor.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I&#39;ve had a few times where I&#39;m in a bad dream, and realize it while I&#39;m in there. Somehow I wake myself up to end it, but its only happened a handful of times where I&#39;ve consciously stopped a dream.

ravenously: How do you know what % of your dreams that you remember? How do you count how many that you don&#39;t remember? ;) lol