Dress Me

magic7

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm pretty sure I have no sense of style and was hoping some of the women on here could give me some tips.

What kind of clothes do you like on a man when you guys are going out on a date, to a party, etc.?

What kind of clothes do you like on a man during a summer day? I don't really like sandals but open to any other kind of shoes, except crocs(I'm not that bad)!

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Don't listen to us and dress yourself the way you want. I wear what i want to wear and it's usually related to my extreme hot-natured body tempurature and what is comfortable. I wear nikes, short running shorts and a tank top. I keep a light sweater in the car in case i might get hold indoors some where (which is incredibly rare) and i wear shorts unless it is snowing (note snowing) and i will wear shorts if there is snow on the ground if it is melting and its getting warmer.

Some would never wear tennis shoes, some would never wear shorts, some would never wear a tank top. I say- i could care less because im dressing for ME and no one else.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ha! I live in the country. I would put you in jeans, boots and a tshirt with an overshirt :)

I never wear sneakers unless I'm working out. I live in boots/ flip-flops and jeans, tanks/ tshirts.

You wouldn't want me to dress you if you live in the city.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Everyone's tastes are different and a style that looks good on someone else might not work on you. It took me a while to learn that lesson. When I was much younger I'd try imitating the style of the friends I admired, but my body and look is just different, and it works better if I just go with my own instincts about what works on me and I stick with what makes me comfortable.

I think GQ is a good place to browse good style and find looks that you like.

D

deleted3782

I'm pretty sure I have no sense of style and was hoping some of the women on here could give me some tips.

What kind of clothes do you like on a man when you guys are going out on a date, to a party, etc.?

What kind of clothes do you like on a man during a summer day? I don't really like sandals but open to any other kind of shoes, except crocs(I'm not that bad)!

Heh, I know how you feel. I still don't know when its appropriate to wear dark socks with shorts...and I haven't purchased a pair of dark blue Levi's because I dont know how they are supposed to look. We need a rentable fashion guru to go shopping with us. :redface:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Going shopping with a guy and making him fit tons of clothes is so much fun... *sigh* Unfortunately, most get bored really soon or run off at that prospect. =(

Me and TheBoyfriend's best friend used to do this before the best friend moved away. The best friend is bisexual and very opinionated and sure of his superior style opinions, so we'd butt heads sometimes, but most of the time we agreed on what works best on TheBoyfriend. We'd just put him in a dressing room and bring him clothes to put on, then sit back and decide what worked. TheBoyfriend says he really enjoyed that, too. He admits to not having much style and he enjoys getting compliments from strangers on how he looks, and he credits us for making happen for him.

Last edited:

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
I think the lesson learned here is you can't please everybody. No matter how you dress some women are gonna say "ew look at his clothes". All you can do is be you, do what you do, and the right ones will come along.

I think a better question would be "I'm trying to maximize my chances of getting laid! What kind of clothing is the most popular among the different styles?!"

Its probably the preppy clothes. In that case I think all you have to do is be in shape, and if your all hot and sexy do women really care THAT much about your clothes as long as your not a slob?

big_tits4big_dicks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
God I love playing dress up for hours! Right now I'm having a mad men moment and loving the small lapels and skinny ties of the 60's. So hot. I also love a good pair of dark jeans, fitted through hips please, and a clean, white, v neck tee shirt. Sexy.

wellhung9

Experimental Member
Media
Don't listen to us and dress yourself the way you want. I wear what i want to wear and it's usually related to my extreme hot-natured body tempurature and what is comfortable. I wear nikes, short running shorts and a tank top. I keep a light sweater in the car in case i might get hold indoors some where (which is incredibly rare) and i wear shorts unless it is snowing (note snowing) and i will wear shorts if there is snow on the ground if it is melting and its getting warmer.

Some would never wear tennis shoes, some would never wear shorts, some would never wear a tank top. I say- i could care less because im dressing for ME and no one else.

You make a good point. You all do, really. A reason I don't like to dress up that much is that I don't feel that comfortable when I do it. I prefer sneakers, even when I go out, but take a lot of heat for it. I'm pretty much always in jeans even when it's really hot. I want to wear shorts but I'm not that comfortable in them because I have really hairy legs. Of course I could give my legs a buzz like I do my um pubic area, but I think that's getting into an area I don't really want to explore. What's worse a guy with hairy legs, or a guy who uses clippers on them?

I still feel I should start wearing some nicer clothes. It's funny I had a girlfriend for almost 2 years and somehow I was able to resist going shopping with her. She wanted to get me new clothes, but wasn't that persistent about it, so it never happened. Plus she was all about abercrombie, which definitely wasn't going to happen(no offense to anybody who is a fan).

Any tips on shoes?

wellhung9

Experimental Member
Media
so exywhyzee and the original OP I hear you.....

And what's worse is I really really hate shopping for clothes. After 5 minutes I'm over it, and I don't seem to like anything.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
You make a good point. You all do, really. A reason I don't like to dress up that much is that I don't feel that comfortable when I do it. I prefer sneakers, even when I go out, but take a lot of heat for it. I'm pretty much always in jeans even when it's really hot. I want to wear shorts but I'm not that comfortable in them because I have really hairy legs. Of course I could give my legs a buzz like I do my um pubic area, but I think that's getting into an area I don't really want to explore. What's worse a guy with hairy legs, or a guy who uses clippers on them?

I still feel I should start wearing some nicer clothes. It's funny I had a girlfriend for almost 2 years and somehow I was able to resist going shopping with her. She wanted to get me new clothes, but wasn't that persistent about it, so it never happened. Plus she was all about abercrombie, which definitely wasn't going to happen(no offense to anybody who is a fan).

Any tips on shoes?

I like a leather sandal on a guy. But i'll tell ya, i met my husband July 4th 1998 and one of the first things i saw on his body that i still to this day can't get off my mind is how hairy his legs were. I love it. It made me go "Wow, thats a really hairy 19 year old guy....i bet he has a lot of pubic hair and maybe a little chest hair under there...whattta man!"

magic7

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like a leather sandal on a guy. But i'll tell ya, i met my husband July 4th 1998 and one of the first things i saw on his body that i still to this day can't get off my mind is how hairy his legs were. I love it. It made me go "Wow, thats a really hairy 19 year old guy....i bet he has a lot of pubic hair and maybe a little chest hair under there...whattta man!"

I also have hairy legs, and have to wear shorts because I live in a humid area. Glad to know some girls still like that, although I feel most girls are all about guys having no hair these days. I also like your earlier quote about dressing how you feel comfortable, because if you're not comfortable then you won't pull it off.

I've always been more comfortable in t-shirts, but feel like I should start dressing in nicer shirts, as I am getting older and probably shouldn't dress like I'm 20. Not much of a sandal man, I'm way too self conscious about my feet.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I feel silly as hell in heels. As much as i probably think i look like an idiot i probably don't. I have to concentrate on every step and i dont have very pointy feet so they are very awkward feeling.

Now a high heeled tennis shoe....

I wore a ballet slipper at my wedding. There was no way i was going to wear heels.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love dressing my man! I don't know if Cap owns one piece of clothing that I haven't picked out except maybe some work rags that he wears when he knocks about in the yard. I love trying on clothes and making him try on clothes, but that's like pulling teeth. So I'll buy him a whole bunch and make him try them on at home where he puts on a fashion show for me. He's so unsexy trying them on. I want him to put a little oof in it, you know. Dance a little bit. Prance, turn, walk back. No, not him. The dullard.

As for me dressing up, ooo, heels please! Sometimes just my lbd, pearls and heels and I'm good to go.

Mme. Rouge, I can sew! I love to sew but I never do it. I was tops in my home ec class, too! I made Cap buy me a sewing machine one birthday. He absolutely hated to do it. Said it sounded so 1950's cliche. But I loved it.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love dressing my man! I don't know if Cap owns one piece of clothing that I haven't picked out except maybe some work rags that he wears when he knocks about in the yard. I love trying on clothes and making him try on clothes, but that's like pulling teeth. So I'll buy him a whole bunch and make him try them on at home where he puts on a fashion show for me. He's so unsexy trying them on. I want him to put a little oof in it, you know. Dance a little bit. Prance, turn, walk back. No, not him. The dullard.

As for me dressing up, ooo, heels please! Sometimes just my lbd, pearls and heels and I'm good to go.

Mme. Rouge, I can sew! I love to sew but I never do it. I was tops in my home ec class, too! I made Cap buy me a sewing machine one birthday. He absolutely hated to do it. Said it sounded so 1950's cliche. But I loved it.

Now your night out sounds like me! LBD, pearls, and heels!

I can sew also, but I'm not very good at it. I've bought books to help, but I haven't devoted the time to become better at it.

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How is this a women's problem?

Tbh you can't go wrong with some quality fitted polo shirts. Brands like Lyle & Scott, Ralph Lauren, Soviet, Fred Perry, Henri Lloyd.

Get some Cargo shorts, and wear some plimps or Filpflops and your sorted.

Perfect summerwear.