Dress Pants

Charlie368

Just Browsing
Media
I have enjoyed wearing casual and dress pants with pleats for many years. I am a shower. My hang varies from 6 to 7 inches. I prefer to wear boxers and with pleated pants my penis isn't too obvious. However, it seems that pleats are "out" and the flat front pants are back in. My penis is so obvious when I wear flat front dress pants (with boxers) that I just will not wear them....jeans are a totally different story!! So, I have to wear briefs with flat front plants and I hate how they fell - or how I feel when wearing them. I was wondering how others feel about this change in fashion. What is your solution to showing too much in some pants? I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

B_Black11

Just Browsing
Media
I show much more wearing boxers than I do briefs or boxer briefs. For that reason when wearing dress pants I like to wear briefs which while they still show a bulge it is not as noticeable.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Whether or not you happen to like wearing pants with pleats is not the issue, is it? You just about have to so that you don't expose the 'boys' with every move you make.

Pleated pants will never be out of style. Wear them with impunity. Just how many people do you think will look at you and notice your pants, anyway? More than likely they are noticing your choice of shirt, tie or, more importantly, shoes.

And a good haircut doesn't hurt, either.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And, Ralph Lauren flatly (haha) stated he will never quit making pleated khakis for his Polo line. So there! all the flat front snobs in the world. :lol:

Charlie368

Just Browsing
Media
Great feedback guys. I appreciate the "reality check." I read some posts about briefs and boxer briefs with large pouches. Have you tried them? Do you find them to be comfortable? Will they keep things in place if wearing flat front pants?

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Have you tried 2(x)ist briefs, Charlie368? They are made to fit the form, providing enough expansion in the pouch to keep balls and dick in place, but uncramped. Also, I have a pair of Go Softwear with lots of room in the pouch, as well as a pad on each butt cheek that helps form a nice ass profile. The elastic in both of these models is superb, really of the highest quality. I'm sure that any style you prefer is out there just waiting for you to slip your jewels into them. Try and test until you find your perfect style and brand. Good luck.

Luke :)

Pappy

Media
I tried the 2(x)ist briefs and split the fly seam open, there wasn't any room in them. I have since tried Merona briefs, available at your local Target store, with much better results. While they do produce a bulge, the Merona briefs have plenty of room for Herman and the boys, and they stay put. Place them however you want and they will stay there through just about anything short of an erection. I might also add that the Merona briefs are not nearly as expensive as the 2(x)ist briefs. The 2(x)ist briefs were 30 bucks for 3 pair while the Merona's were 10 bucks for 3 pair. I hang 8X6 and have good sized balls so I need a lot of room. The Merona's filled the bill for me to the point that I rarely wear boxers anymore. It takes quite a lot to change ones habits, especially a 40 year one, but that's what the Merona briefs have done for me.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by RoysToy@Jul 1 2004, 05:16 AM
They are made to fit the form, providing enough expansion in the pouch to keep balls and dick in place, but uncramped.
That is exactly the combination I find essential; plenty of room not to be cramped, but enough tension to make sure I am supported and held in. I've not found a pair of boxer briefs that will do it yet; somehow I always manage to defeat them, usually by forcing my way out of the pouch. And I still get a lot of erections at bad times; perversely that seems to happen more if I am not wearing my jock and it is therefore far more risky. Maybe all the extra movement causes it.

So I stick to my trademark custom made jockstrap with baggy boxers over it. In the summer it isn't good to have to wear this extra laying of clothing, but I can't find a better option.

Re the trousers (pants) cut issue ... I put comfort and roominess first, appearance (ie decency) next, and style last. One reason (among many others ;) ) that I could never be accused of being over stylish.

"Flat-fronted" sounds pretty impossible as an aspiration for lpsg members, anyhow. :eek:

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Max, after reading Pappy's testimonial re. splitting open the fly seam of the 2(x)ist, I guess it's probably the size of the cock and balls that determine their accommodating the genitals. :wub: he must be bigger than me! I've heard of the Merona brand from Target before, but haven't tried them, mainly because I have a drawer full of underwear, lots of them new. LPSG is THE forum for great info. re. private things and seldom does a day pass that I don't learn something. I hope you are as rewarded as I have been and are happy with your new undies!

Luke

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Hi, Charlie -- I, too, value pants comfort over "style" and prefer to wear pleated dress pants. To hell with the narrowminded fashionistas, I say! ;)

When I wear flat-front dress pants, they are always uncomfortably tight, no matter what undies I wear. As a matter of fact, the (not very old) pair of flat-front khakis I am wearing today is starting to rip out in the seam beneath the zipper, which suggests that I need something that's roomier up front.

I currently wear a brand of underwear called e2u, which are the most comfortable I've ever worn. They're basically boxer briefs with an oversized pouch, and since I'm about the same size as you when soft I would highly recommend such a design. Unfortunately e2u went out of business last fall but I'm stocked up with at least several years' worth (or so I hope).

In a thread I was involved in the other month someone recommended a company called Zakk (www.zakkonline.com), whose microfiber line of products looks somewhat similar to my e2us. If e2u hasn't returned to the market by the time I need new undies I'll probably give these Zakks a try ... they look promising.

Steve ;)

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Well, being style conscious, I do not wear pleated pants because they are kinda passe', and I also wear boxers. I make sure that the pants I wear are not too tight to accent the bulge. I have found that there are certain brands of pants that don't fit me well. In some brands, like Banana Republic, I find that buying a size larger, the pants fit me better and the bulge is minimized. It all depends on the cut of the pants. As for boxers, I prefer Brooks Brothers, Burberry, and Polo. I find them to be the roomiest.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Jul 16 2004, 04:30 AM
"call me out of style, but I LOVE the way a guy looks in pleat pants. just my $.02."
Thanks for that vote of confidence.....because I still wear pleated pants!

I see them freqently still in my part of the country (southern U.S.) and honestly, I'm one of those fellas I suppose that no matter whether it's pleated or flat-front, I STILL gonna be a bit revealing.

--I still contend that some men, depending on their overall "physical frame" will still show more bulge than other men, whichever pants style they're in.

Nevertheless, it's still difficult for many of us not to feel self-conscious!
I'm feeling less guilty about it these days (thanks to the LPSG :D) and I hope our various discussions regarding clothing matters will eventually help other men.

Fretting (too much!) over our natural bulging.....gets ridiculous.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm all for pleated and I think style is what you make it. I tried flat front, but felt a little too exposed for my own comfort. I'm sure its nice to look at, but I have enough of a bulge with pleated and feel like I have on a pair of tights in flat fronts. Pleated microfiber (like Pro Pants) work pretty well for me at least.

D

deleted62

I've noticed that there's a difference in the different brands of pants. With Haggar's, I have to wear 34x32 instead of 32x32 because the bulge just has to be seen to be believed; I wouldn't even go to clubs in a pair of 32x32s I own. However, there's one brand (I can't remember the name, and I'm not about to go all the way to my closet to get the info) that works fine with 32x32, as long as I don't wear boxers. I have a runner's legs, and they fill out the pants just fine without an outline of a flaccid cock down one of the inseams.

A little preparation in the morning goes a long way towards avoiding an awkward situation at work. . .

-Z

pervasiveone

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Intresting delima..... I agree with gus.. size and brand are all realitive. I first discovered this a few years back when shopping for some pants on the advice of my then girlfriend who thougth that my pleted khaki's needed updating to flat fronts. My normal size is a 32 x 32, tried those one. Quite a nice bulge going on, but not too obvious. I emerged from the dressing room, and she cut me this look that could kill, and told me to go try the others on. A few seconds later a pair of 32 x 34's came flying over the door, which I put on, and then showed her at which point she said "better". In the car we had a discussion about tight underwear and keeping "that" to people's imagination.

Needless to say shortly after the breakup I was purchasing the 32 x 32's.
Was she jelous, embarassed, conservitive, or just plain odd??

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by a_8_in_ruston@Jul 20 2004, 09:33 PM
Needless to say shortly after the breakup I was purchasing the 32 x 32's.
Was she jelous, embarassed, conservitive, or just plain odd??
Insecure maybe...she didn't want anyone else getting ideas about playing with her boys toys. ;)

stevonodick: Who cares about what's in this year! I have always worn elegant, full-cut dress trousers. I usually wear a deep-pouch brief or a thong underneath. So what if a bulge shows a little. I'm not a eunuch.