Dresses for skinny busty wife

alteredbeast

1st Like
Media
Hello, ladies. I need some help. We have a wedding to attend in a couple weeks and my wife's been having a hard time finding a dress to wear. The reason is that she's got proportionally very large chest for her body. She's 5'6", about 115 lbs, and she has 34DD. She's always had problems looking for clothes that fit properly and I think she's getting more frustrated than usual.

She's a modest jeans and t-shirt girl who wears a cardigan to hide her boobs pretty much all the time. She never wears dresses because she's never really felt comfortable with any that's she's seen. They're either intended for small chested people or have really large or V necks that bring attention to her boobs and I know the last thing she wants is to be noticed because of her chest. I've been helping her with the search by looking for online stores or celebrities or models in dresses with similar body types, but it's not easy finding something for someone with my wife's proportions.

Do any of you have any insights as far as dress styles that would help "shrink" her boobs and still be somewhat form fitting, specific brands, and/or stores that carry these styles? We'd appreciate any information you could give us. Thanks!

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
'V' necks are more flattering for larger breasts.....higher necks make the breasts look larger.Plain at the top also draws the eyes to a patterned/more colourful bottom half.

I don't think 34DD on a 5ft6 woman seems so big tbh but maybe she should buy a 2 piece set eg: skirt and top rather than a dress especially if she isnt really a dress person.

HTH

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
IRL I'm a boobage hider myself. Finding anything that fits properly is a pain in the tush. I normally try to buy dresses that have a slightly fitted waist with a tie on them so I can clinch the waist in. Sometimes if I'm going to a meeting I clinch the waistline with a wide belt. I've found I prefer boatneck, rounded or vneck dresses. Or a wear a shirt and a skirt. The bravissimo website has some clothes, she could look there. I'm afraid I've never found a specific place that is for women with larger breasts and smaller bodies :eek:(

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hello, ladies. I need some help. We have a wedding to attend in a couple weeks and my wife's been having a hard time finding a dress to wear. The reason is that she's got proportionally very large chest for her body. She's 5'6", about 115 lbs, and she has 34DD. She's always had problems looking for clothes that fit properly and I think she's getting more frustrated than usual.

She's a modest jeans and t-shirt girl who wears a cardigan to hide her boobs pretty much all the time. She never wears dresses because she's never really felt comfortable with any that's she's seen. They're either intended for small chested people or have really large or V necks that bring attention to her boobs and I know the last thing she wants is to be noticed because of her chest. I've been helping her with the search by looking for online stores or celebrities or models in dresses with similar body types, but it's not easy finding something for someone with my wife's proportions.

Do any of you have any insights as far as dress styles that would help "shrink" her boobs and still be somewhat form fitting, specific brands, and/or stores that carry these styles? We'd appreciate any information you could give us. Thanks!

My shirts have to be 6 sizes larger than my pants, so I understand your wife's problem.

The way I deal is to simply not wear store-bought dresses. If I buy a dress in a store, I immediately take it to be tailored, since it is invariably too big in the waist, and way too big in the hips. Instead, however, I go to a craft store, pick out a dress pattern I like and get a friend or relative to make it for me, or to help me make it myself. You can do this, or pay a seamstress.

One alternative, and this is easiest is to buy things which look like dresses, but which are actually two pieces. This way she can buy the top in a size which fits, and the bottoms in a size which fits. These are easiest to find in bridal shops, because department stores only seem to have these during prom season, which has passed for this year. David's Bridal is inexpensive, and has a few choices in this regard.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a friend who is a size 16 on top and a size 6 on the bottom. She swears that suits help to make her look more proportioned and tries to find fabrics cut on the bias so that they are more flowing and forgiving.

alteredbeast

1st Like
Media
Thank you for all your responses. We're going to check out David's Bridal shop today to see about those "two piece" dresses and see if it'll work on her. Wish us luck! :)