Dressin' Left

Do you dress left or right?

• Total voters

DiamondCut

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Working from home during stay-at-home orders, I had the TV on in the background, partially watching old western series from the 50's and 60's (Gunsmoke, Bonanza, etc.). Paying attention during select scenes, I discovered that about 4 out of 5 actors from these old series "dressed to the left" when there was anything visible at all. There were lots of scenes where there was no doubt about it. Plenty of VPL's and general bulges to be seen. Prior to this, I would have guessed maybe 50-50 for the left/right thing. But 80%?

On the flip side, I've always dressed to the right (jeans, workingman's clothes) and pretty much thought that most guys did too, at least half. But not so. When out in public (pre-pandemic), I glanced, not stared, at guys in tight jeans. Plenty of cowboys where I live, most seemed to also dress right. Made me wonder if it might be a "class" thing, as in social class. Based on years of those glances I mentioned, it seems that most "righties" were working class men and the "lefties" were suit-wearers, golf-types and others in the so-called social elite. In other words, do the upper-class dress left more often while the lower-class (me included) dress right? Strange observation, maybe, but I think there might be something to it. Any opinions, based on that possibility? I'm not talking about the natural "hang", but rather the way men place their stuff when dressing.

D

deleted969111

random fact - you are right.

one ball always hangs lower than the other, the cock hangs over the lower ball. in a very large percentage of the time, it's the left ball that hangs lower.

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
Working from home during stay-at-home orders, I had the TV on in the background, partially watching old western series from the 50's and 60's (Gunsmoke, Bonanza, etc.). Paying attention during select scenes, I discovered that about 4 out of 5 actors from these old series "dressed to the left" when there was anything visible at all. There were lots of scenes where there was no doubt about it. Plenty of VPL's and general bulges to be seen. Prior to this, I would have guessed maybe 50-50 for the left/right thing. But 80%?

On the flip side, I've always dressed to the right (jeans, workingman's clothes) and pretty much thought that most guys did too, at least half. But not so. When out in public (pre-pandemic), I glanced, not stared, at guys in tight jeans. Plenty of cowboys where I live, most seemed to also dress right. Made me wonder if it might be a "class" thing, as in social class. Based on years of those glances I mentioned, it seems that most "righties" were working class men and the "lefties" were suit-wearers, golf-types and others in the so-called social elite. In other words, do the upper-class dress left more often while the lower-class (me included) dress right? Strange observation, maybe, but I think there might be something to it. Any opinions, based on that possibility? I'm not talking about the natural "hang", but rather the way men place their stuff when dressing.

I Am very much a libertarian when it comes to this. I let the free market take care of it

I just throw in my pants and let it fall where it may

Mike hung

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Right for myself, for a start I just feel more comfortable with it to the right but even if I deliberately dressed to the left my dick somehow works across to the right unless I was totally freeballing with it hanging down one leg or the other that is.

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I did not know that I was to have "picked a side".

I just let fall, where it may. If anyone is keeping score as to which way I dress, and, what that may mean, that person is wasting his (or her) time.

There is no subliminal message behind my "right" or "left".

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
I did not know that I was to have "picked a side".

I just let fall, where it may. If anyone is keeping score as to which way I dress, and, what that may mean, that person is wasting his (or her) time.

There is no subliminal message behind my "right" or "left".
Good man

I can tell a lot about you from this

your the kinda man who “lives his life a quarter mile at a time “

and that devil may care attitude of where you dick hangs probably carries on to other aspects of life

You sir ...are the kinda guy I want to go white water rafting with

Reactions: HorseHung40's

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Good man

I can tell a lot about you from this

your the kinda man who “lives his life a quarter mile at a time “

and that devil may care attitude of where you dick hangs probably carries on to other aspects of life

You sir ...are the kinda guy I want to go white water rafting with

That is a very accurate appraisal of my character. Thank you! Happy 4th!

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I hang to the left and am about as working class as one can get, hate golf (not even a real sport) and the only time I wear a suit is if someone gets married or dies; so I think your theory is much too broad brush and simplistic.

D

deleted300444

I don't think I have a picked / preferred side either.

I pull up my briefs, then scoop things over to a side. I then pull up pants & re-scoop for good measure to the same previous

VladtheImpaler

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I shared this in a different thread but it fits here as well.
I always bought my clothes at a men's clothing store. Just after starting puberty the clerk was measuring my inseam and asked me what side I dressed on. I had no idea what he was asking.(He wanted to know which side my dick hung). Since I was right handed I told him the right side. Actually I usually hang on the left side, occasionally on the right

Reactions: nicnic

double_digit

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do not recall exactly where I read this, but there is a reason for the majority of folks dressing to the left...

It's how most factory made clothes are cut. If it feels odd pushing it to the right? Well - there's not the usual "gusset" there to soak it up.

Also - men tend to pack their junk opposite of their *dominant* hand. Most people are right handed, hence packing left. Thus the allotment of cloth in the pattern is specifically there to dress left. Less than 1% of the population are left handed, so they get undercut there too along with scissors, can openers, screwdrivers...*snicker* *BUT* - they tend to pack to the right.

But seriously, a tailor asking you *discretely* which hand is dominant is assessing how to cut your trouser's pattern and predict your packing preference ;>

Reactions: nicnic
D

deleted4500261

I have always parted to the left. It doesn’t feel natural at all on the right.