Dressing Gowns

TragicWhiteKnight: Does anyone out there in the whole wide universe still wear dressing gowns? If so, what role does size play in choosing the right one for you?

I'm just remembering a friend's robe which was unbelievably short - if I had been wearing it, I would have been afraid of peeping out, though it didn't seem a problem to him.

Consequence of random thoughts: what's with the demise of this pre-nocturnal garment?

Zot57

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah, a lot of them are real short. I got a really nice terrycloth
bathrobe which hangs about four inches above my ankles.

It's sort of like the ones they have at fancy hotels.
It was kind of expensive, but I wear it nearly every day.

-- Erik

bustyredhead: Ooooooh.... I love those! :D My problem with them for me is that they tend not to be too accomodating in the top. Definately not something I'd wear for modesty's sake. Now, they can be fun on guys, because they either go to the knee or only part-way down the thigh. If you wanna be modest, you can probably hold your dick up and tie the band around it, though it may pain you some to bend. Otherwise, you could just be immodest with me, I guess. lol

- Nene (Hangin' Around With Ya)

TopheavyTeen: They did make them with the well-endowed in mind.
One size does not fit all.

But I'd say the few times I have gone in for a some tests that the gown was woefully overmatched. Like stuffing nearvollyball sized objects in a shirt. LOL

Anyways have fun with that visual ;)

CAT MAN ME

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The only type gown, I know is the one used at doctor's office during naked examinations. That means all off including snug undies, nothing under that awful long gown. The other is a hospital gown. again with nothing underneath, but your naked body in a hospital for a long scary medical procedure.

CAT MAN ME

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sometimes during the winter months at my doctors for a major physical exam, as usual she has me undress and totally naked. I like when the nurse comes in with the awful gown and says "everything has to come off, then put on the gown." I take my time getting the first layers of warm snug clothes off, when she sees tight spandex underwear on me and says she'll help me finish getting me all undressed for the physical examination. Our nurse is very nice and gentle, as she peels off my last clinging layers leotard, tights and lycra briefs. The feeling is beautiful as I, soon naked and reluctantly put on that awful long hospital style gown, felt up and groped by her and the doctor. I usually have a change of clothes with me, like boxer shorts, tee shorts and baggy trousers with a loose fitting, warm long sleeve shirt, knowing I won't be wearing my snug, warm winter outfit and leotards after my physical examination. It's easier changing back into those baggy clothes after a being at the doctor's for a while and did miss wearing my warm, snug layers of winter clothes on that cold winter day.

AussieBenuncut

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Sometimes during the winter months at my doctors for a major physical exam, as usual she has me undress and totally naked. I like when the nurse comes in with the awful gown and says "everything has to come off, then put on the gown." I take my time getting the first layers of warm snug clothes off, when she sees tight spandex underwear on me and says she'll help me finish getting me all undressed for the physical examination. Our nurse is very nice and gentle, as she peels off my last clinging layers leotard, tights and lycra briefs. The feeling is beautiful as I, soon naked and reluctantly put on that awful long hospital style gown, felt up and groped by her and the doctor. I usually have a change of clothes with me, like boxer shorts, tee shorts and baggy trousers with a loose fitting, warm long sleeve shirt, knowing I won't be wearing my snug, warm winter outfit and leotards after my physical examination. It's easier changing back into those baggy clothes after a being at the doctor's for a while and did miss wearing my warm, snug layers of winter clothes on that cold winter day.

AussieBenuncut

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I have a robe for Winter and one for summer. The winter robe is just above knee length with a hood, and the summer robe is mid thigh length with short sleeves. I wear a robe after getting up in the mornings and prior to bed in the evenings. When hanging out nude I leave a robe handy for knocks at the front door.

Reactions: Ohiojohn

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
I've still got three dressing gowns. A quilted one (that I never wear), a silk one (that I never wear, that I leave in the spare bedroom for guests to use) and a towelling one, with my first name embroidered onto the breast. Nothing nicer after a late evening shower or bath than to mooch around the house in it. In some ways, the predecessor of the onesie, I suppose.