Drew and I in the Dorm

STASHMO

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
How about saying, "Drew and ME in the room." Surely, you would not want to say, "Drew is in the room and I is in the room."

overshot

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
How about saying, "Drew and ME in the room." Surely, you would not want to say, "Drew is in the room and I is in the room."

Your first post is a grammatical correction to a title that is actually correct (at least i think so). Think of the title more of being the beginning fragment of a sentence along the lines of "Drew and I in the dorm...had raucous monkey sex."

At least you actually thought about it, which is more than can be said of a lot of folks.

D_Sylvester Poleclimber

Account Disabled
Media
I really don't want to go syntax on this... it kind of depends on how the title is intended. I would think "Drew and me in the dorm" or "me and drew in the dorm" because in a sentence, one would say "Take a look at this picture of me and Drew in the dorm." This would be correct because the first person is functioning as an objective pronoun in such a sentence. If there were a verb in the sentence, and the first person were taking the form of a subject, such as "Drew and I are in the dorm", "I" would be correct. So, with merely a fragment, it is up to the author to decided how he intended the pronoun to function.

Reactions: hypolimnas

Cockmo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I really don't want to go syntax on this... it kind of depends on how the title is intended. I would think "Drew and me in the dorm" or "me and drew in the dorm" because in a sentence, one would say "Take a look at this picture of me and Drew in the dorm." This would be correct because the first person is functioning as an objective pronoun in such a sentence. If there were a verb in the sentence, and the first person were taking the form of a subject, such as "Drew and I are in the dorm", "I" would be correct. So, with merely a fragment, it is up to the author to decided how he intended the pronoun to function.

Whoa, easy dude! He's writing a great story which many are enjoying. When Random House calls to print it, then they can correct the poor grammar and spelling (ah, they call it editing) So BACK OFF!!

D_Sylvester Poleclimber

Account Disabled
Media
Whoa, easy dude! He's writing a great story which many are enjoying. When Random House calls to print it, then they can correct the poor grammar and spelling (ah, they call it editing) So BACK OFF!!

Actually, I was defending him. Look at the last part. I should have quoted the posts on earlier pages where people were telling him to change it. I was defending the author, because I am enjoying this story as well.

STASHMO

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Actually, I was defending him. Look at the last part. I should have quoted the posts on earlier pages where people were telling him to change it. I was defending the author, because I am enjoying this story as well.

Whoa there Mr. Str.... Methinks that you are confusing the predicate nominative with the subjective complement.

D_Wayne Kerr

Account Disabled
Media
wow, i have to say this story is way beyond superb, bro you are by far the best author i have seen, and if this is inspired by true events, i am uber excited to go to college now, and have a buddy exactly like Drew, that would be stellar yo :D

ChuckNLA

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
and when do we all get more? Maybe some crazy naked fun in the laundry room and getting caught by the R.A. and having him join the fun? Its all great no matter what.