Drink?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Stoli O on the rocks, or occasionally with a splash of cranberry juice.

It's sorta my signature beverage.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
In an oversized Tom Collins glass filled with commercially produced ice (harder and colder than possible from ice machines or your freezer) pour:

1 oz gin
1 oz vodka
1 oz plain curaçao
1 oz blue curaçao

Fill reminder of glass with a sour press (if you don't know what that is fill with equal parts Tom Collins mix and club soda)

Stir well

Add a Maraschino cherry, sprig of mint and a long red straw. You'll have an inviting tall glass filled with a brilliant blue cocktail that will prompt your guests to inquire, "Is there any alcohol in this drink?" And after consuming two, drink a third and take a cab home. Despite being a bit complicated (not really, if you're behind a bar in San Francisco), this is a very refreshing adult beverage refreshment. Tastes great and great to look at.

When I can't locate blue curaçao I'll just make a pitcher of Grass Hoppers, using Half and Half.

Note: I began tending bar long before the invention of the Harvey Wall Banger and have equally old tastes in classic cocktails -- back in the day a Martini was always made with gin, Martini and Rossi vermouth, and garnished with two enormous pimento-stuffed olives. Oh, and we never had to pay income tax on tips, too.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Note: I began tending bar long before the invention of the Harvey Wall Banger

Doing the math this means you are pushing 80 years old because the HW was created in the early 1950s you'd be born about 1933-35 to be a bartender of the age of 18 or older........it's good to have mature flesh around here.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
G and T with ice, lemon and lime and when I buy gin I add a couple of sliced hot chillies to the bottle and keep it at least a month before drinking in. Perfection.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
jack and jill...

i am aware of my Jack Daniels blaspheme, but is tasty enough to dodge lightning bolts for.

ReeseV73

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
This is a toughy!

Many moons ago when I was in University and had just got my first fake ID, I went with friends to a small bar in a rural town. I had near zero alcohol experience, so I let them order on my behalf and ended up with the bar's house cocktail they called a nuclear thunderfuck . It tasted like alcoholic Bazooka-Joe bubblegum and became my alcohilc vice until I graduated. I've never managed to find any recipe that tasted even remotely similair, so I am hanging on to the memories. :frown1:

I'm also a fan of the white russian, but I chalk that up to a certain movie more than actual taste.