Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
how easy can cold sores (herpes) spread...do i need to be worried about touching my lip in my sleep and then my junk or eyes (ya my fam says i do, do this alot in my sleep) or worried about sweat from my face running down my body or anything like that?

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
how easy can cold sores (herpes) spread...do i need to be worried about touching my lip in my sleep and then my junk or eyes (ya my fam says i do, do this alot in my sleep) or worried about sweat from my face running down my body or anything like that?
It can spread very easily during the initial infection since your body isn't producing antibodies yet. It sounds like you probably don't have it though.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, it's been 2 weeks since you shared the drink and I don't think you have a classical core sore yet. I'm just saying it was unlikely that you caught it from sharing the drink and you don't have the typical symptoms yet. Did you ask your friend that you shared the drink with if he or she ever gets cold sores?

HairyTXdude

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Well, it's been 2 weeks since you shared the drink and I don't think you have a classical core sore yet. I'm just saying it was unlikely that you caught it from sharing the drink and you don't have the typical symptoms yet. Did you ask your friend that you shared the drink with if he or she ever gets cold sores?

Well, when he found out he had herpes, i asked him how come I haven't seen him with a cold sore yet, he said his doc said that some ppl never get cold sores and that his herpes only bothers his throat..

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How does your friend know he has oral herpes if he never had a cold sore? He could have had a blood test, but that only detects the presence of antibodies. It doesn't tell the location of the infection, like genital, oral, hands. And if he had type 1, he could have had it since he was a small child and can't remember the cold sores then. Or did he have a swab test of his throat?

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
I'd say don't worry too much. I'd wait until I had a sore to go see the doctor about it, and while they're painful, the sores aren't that big of a deal. There's nothing he can do now except test you for strep or something.

I had shingles and the doctor prescribed me acyclovir (brand name famcyclovir), an anti-viral that works really well at clearing up an outbreak. But they had no freakin' clue what to do until the sores came out.

Get plenty of rest and lots of fluids. If your throat is swollen, you're fighting something. All herpes viruses get you when you're stressed or run down. Rest really is important.

Good luck, hope you're feeling better soon!

Oh and if it's worth anything, a friend and I were sharing drinks (straws, beer bottles and cups) all night with someone who had an open sore and neither of us got anything.