Drinking contest/challenges?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by michael_3165, Aug 4, 2010.

1. michael_3165

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hi guys!

My mate had a drinking challenge/bet not long back and wondering if anyone has ever got into one of these and how it went! (preferably non sexual!)

My mate was going on about how much he could out drink these guys at his bday party (21st). So they all had this shot drinking contest with the loser being the one that drank the least having to do a forfeit of the others choice... my mate got to about 8 or 9 and then failed and this other dude got about 6 down so had to do a forfeit. Ended up having a bottle of vodka poured down his throat and he wasn't well at all! Anyone ever drink like that? if so why> and what happened? Brits have a reputation is seems for stuff like this especially in places abroad where they are a little more relaxed than it is in the country. Maybe it's just our lot!

2. rugger89

rugger89 Member

Albums:
  3. michael_3165

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ouch! thats got to hurt the next day!

4. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah, young adults and college kids seem to go for this. You usually read about it in the papers when it results in a death.

5. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I once got named site drinking champ at an event I was at because the blokes running the tavern thought I had out drank everyone over the course of the weekend. They guessed that I'd gone through a keg (some beer, some cider) by myself. I don't think I could possibly have drank that much, but they insisted. I was 5' and about 55kg at the time so a whole keg seems unlikely. Although it probably helps that I don't get hangovers so I can drink as much as I like in that respect.

6. Riven650

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't like to be a party pooper subgirrl, but that sounds really dangerous. I can't imagine why you don't get a hangover, unless you're throwing it up before it has a chance to hurt you, but holding down huge quantities of alcohol really damages your liver. And as MarkLondon says, people die after binge drinking. It isn't a myth. They either pass out behind the pub or in the back garden of someone's house party, and drown in their own vomit, or their vital organs simply shut down and they die. I drink the stuff and probably ought not, but I don't really think we should be making encouraging noises about alcohol abuse.

7. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

What Riven said.

I rarely drink now as i cannot abide with the taste of anything other than Cristal and Krug and it isnt exactly what one would drink down the local.

Plus,i've seen some messes in A+E during a stint on there many years ago:eek:

8. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I've only thrown up while drinking three times in my life and don't get hangovers at all. I just wake up feeling tired. I seem to have a cast iron stomach (or a body that isn't very effective at getting rid of poison).

Grown up me doesn't drink much any more (two or three times a year and rarely more than a six pack), and completely agrees with you both. Although I can't help still feeling an incy wincy bit proud of my youthful drinking capabilities.

The me of ten or 15 years ago would have been rolling her eyes :redface:.

9. thetramp

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    hmm, i have participated in a few drinking games, but always been cautious not to let anything dangerous happen, not for me or the others, so forcing someone to drink a bottle of vodka would be out of the question. Most of my drinking is done without those games anyhow, just relaxing with friends or in a bar or a club.

I don't drink very often, but there are still times when i consume quite a bit during a night of party and dancing.

10. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

in the past several years at least two students at Chico (CA) State died from this.

Draft saved Draft deleted